It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Taking Back Our Government, and This Is What We Have To Say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

I agree with this letter.the only problem is most americans are dumb,lazy,and just dont care for anything except their big screen tvs and other trinkets we have that keeps us in our little bubble of "we have it better than them"..so in a few years while you stand in line for bread,water,butt wipe remember to wag your tail like the good pets we are

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Meh.

I'm fairly happy and content. Good job. Great family. Don't let bs get me down. Very few complaints in life, actually. But then again, you'll just say it's the flouride or some other crap to explain away the fact that, in day-to-day life, people are generally content, unlike yourself.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If you wrote this entirely yourself, I commend you! this is a great document and I will stand by your side on it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i heard ron paul is gone after the term is up if by president or not

if he doesnt win potus it truly is a great loss after his term in congress its an even greater loss.

hope paul wins american needs him too many fools just dont see how bad we do.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
and this time we are not anonymous, but we definitly are legion!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I definitely support this, and must say I think it is very well written.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i doubt americans will fight back, if they dare to fight back , the govt will have no qualms in using nukes against its citizens .....

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

This is perfect wher do I sign? How can I get involved. A peaceful action to the first step of overturning a government.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

IT ALREADY IS!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nicely written OP. Ill stand behind you on it as well. And unlike some others here I see the word "We" and I would think it means the American People, well some of them anyway. The ones who oppose and shoot down your letter dont have to be included in the "We" if they dont want to, they can write a letter of their own and use another word or phrase better suited for describing the American People. Possibly "Tea Party".

I derive my understanding of the OP's meaning of the word from the old forgotton phrase "We The People"....
edit on 4-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)
:
edit on 4-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: puncuation

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

1 i love flouride,keeps teeth white 2 you got a good job better hope you keep it.when it is gone you wont be so content.look outside your "bubble" things are getting bad,no real jobs,most people are just getting by.our country has no money,what little we do have they give away as fast as they can,800 million to pakistan,770 million to rebuild sewers in whatever country it was,plus what ever amount for the war,if that money was spent on things for us ,solar plants,schools,fixing things here,how great this country would be. we have a political system that is nothing more than a bowl of crap yelling at its self to be quiet......well time to sit in my chair,watch my big screen with the door open,the a.c. on so i can cry about my light bill.........
edit on 4-8-2011 by morrow2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I came here before going to my own thread A CALL TO IMPEACH. We are not a minority, but there are many who chose to remain silent for a number of reasons. I don't see anything about Christianity or gay marrage...not even sure where one responder got that. It is clear our system isn't working any more. Who will we replace the current elected officials? Each state will find people willing to take on one of the biggest jobs in our history since the Revolution. Will there be mistakes? Will we stumble? Of course we will. Is in nation building? Huh? It's already a nation & we are being torn apart from within. That also includes the Senate.

The wording of this petition, at first glance, is good. Should we be able to move forward there are many people in this forum who can help us with the final copy. We've got to start somewhere and this is the best I've seen so far.

S&F Lets get to work.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
please read my first post and give me comments I think people should read what I have to say. I never got to finish the title so sorry if it's confusing but it's a lot more than the title leads on

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Talk is cheap and EVERYONE has got something to say. Action speaks louder than words. The American people aren't quite fed up, yet! That's why TPTB keep doing what they're doing!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know if we can combine threads?

k

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

i might pinch this and edit afew bits for all off us in blighty if thats o.k?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
You severely misunderstand. What makes you think that you and I both want the same things? I would be more than happy to grab my guns and stand beside you. What happens when you realize that my views on defunding planned parenthood differ from yours? How about when it turns out we do not agree about healthcare reform? See where this is going? There is a really good chance that half the country is going to have a large disagreement on what government they want to have after the revolution. So the only "we" here is half the country unless you can show me that "we" actually means the people of the US. The same people that sit here on ATS and argue daily about how very different their views of how things should be are.

We need to abolish the federal government and let each states inhabitants decide what government they want to live under, that would be a choice that would actually work for anyone as long as you were free to move to which ever state you want to live in.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Golly, I did not expect this thread to receive the attention that it did! If someone would be so kind as to prepare it in PDF format for me and help spread it around, I would most appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

what about all the states that depend on the federal government for their livlihood? remember, when the US credit rating was in danger of being downgraded 5 states were put on notice by Moodys that theres would be downgraded as well ............. because of their overall dependance on government & it's operations for the health of their individual economies. if memory serves me; Virginia, Maryland, New Mexico, Tennesse & South Carolina. they'd be up a creek without a paddle if the federal government ceased to exist.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I would be glad to help carry out actions such as this against the corrupt who infiltrated our government. As to the people who say no Americans will help because they are lazy, You can damn well bet ill be in the front lines if / when things turn sour. I hope all of you have the decency and courage to aid in such an honorable movement. Its not about "I"... its about "We." Mainstream media has distorted our idealism's to the point that people only care what is good for themselves. True honor lies in helping the people, those who you don't even know. Ill take an honorable death over a cowardly life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join