It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Taking Back Our Government, and This Is What We Have To Say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Please offer your constructive criticism on the below 'call to action', intended to be an official message from the people to the federal government. Feel free to amend and revise as you see necessary.

Due to Unsettling Unscrupulousness on the Behalf of Modern Politics,
Which Calls Into Investigation the Credibility and Authenticity of Our Representatives,
WHEREAS, Seemingly Perpetual and Incurable Apathy of the Citizenry At-large Persists,
Which Exemplifies a Public Unaware of or Unconcerned with the Detriments of,
Oppression, Depression, and Other Tyrannies,
Or Who Have Let the Fear of Retaliation Prevent Them From Pursuing Resistance,
WHEREAS, A Country On the Verge of Collapse Politically and Economically Due To Reckless Policy Withers,

ESTABLISHED HEREIN,

As a Result of Consensual Agreement on Epidemic Malfeasance,

We the Undersigned of the People of the United States of America,

have concluded our current Governance, our representatives, and the System under which we live to be unsuitable. Through authoritarian Executive and Legislature authorizing dangerous Ordinance, as well as a Judiciary unfit to adequately and appropriately interpret our Constitution, encouraging and escalating corruption, notably the usurpation of Liberty and ever-increasing seizure from corporation our livelihood and appropriate Law, we deem the Governance unfit to manage and maintain the freedom of its citizens, as well as provide for appropriate security and defense measure, and regulate and distribute legal Coin, and finally place the protection of the People above bribery, as is mandated by the United States Constitution. The Executive has repeatedly failed to recognize and affirm the sovereignty of other nations, by the meddling of Presidents in their affairs and their politics, by the deployment of Military personnel to support and grow a complex between they and Industry, and by unconstitutional delegation to global groups, i.e. North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the United Nations, we deem the Governance unfit to manage the Soldier and represent We the People to the external world.

Based upon the ongoing injustices within our nation by the Congress, the Presidency, and the Supreme Court, as well as all Cabinets, boards, programs and organizations appertaining thereto, by those who have violated Law with persistence, with especial note to those violations highlighted in this document, we deem the Governance unfit to carry out its duties as is mandated by the United States Constitution. We of the several States hereby issue an Order for all politicians who have violated the United States Constitution: to immediately vacate our Offices. They shall receive a Trial by Jury on one or more counts of treason.

Concisely, we proclaim the restoration of Sovereignty, Liberty, and Justice, as is mandated by the United States Constitution, with this document.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." --Ronald Paul

When we reclaim our Republic, this note or its accepted revision should be utilized.
edit on 8/4/2011 by ForeverDusk because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Aug 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: added ex tags

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

edit on Fri Aug 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

No revision here.

OUTSTANDING!

Add the word PROOF to your title and let's get this to the front page.

ETA: Can you provide a link?
edit on 4-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

A link to what, exactly?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I had assumed this came from somewhere else.
Did you write this?
If so, I am in complete awe. This is perfect.

Absolute proof we won't take it anymore.
It's about time we had a singular document to get behind.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I believe a link to the source of the document.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Sounds great. It's time to end the corruption of our Government, no revision needed, this is exactly what we can say,

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForeverDusk

A link to what, exactly?

The um "proof" maybe?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

I wrote this entirely myself. A few weeks or so ago I posted it, albeit worded slightly differently, here

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

When we reclaim our Republic, this note or its accepted revision should be utilized.

May I ask who exactly "we" is in reference to?
Are the American people all now on the same page? We all want the same things?
Or does "we" only refer to teabaggers or Republicans or Democrats or what?
This country is so terribly divided that I never understand these claims of "we" are going to take back anything.

We who are fed up, of course. Eventually that will be most Americans.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

There's not really anything to "prove" here.
The proof is in the replies.
We.
We the People.
We need this.
You need this.
You cannot deny it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

So "we" only refers to the angry minority that you hope will grow.
See, I hope things will get better and people will get happier but to each his own I suppose.
Well your title says "proof" and "we" and yet here you are declaring that "we" does not mean both you and me, it just means you and some other people. Well, that is not "we" taking back our country. That is a few spoiled angry little people demanding the rest of us go along with what they want. I believe there are other countries where things are supposed to go that way. This is America. You want a civil war then just say it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

There's not really anything to "prove" here.
The proof is in the replies.
We.
We the People.
We need this.
You need this.
You cannot deny it.

This is about the last thing I need. A bunch of angry Christian extremists who are more worried about gay marriage than taking care of poor and sick children are not going to take back my America for me. My America has room for both them and my self in it. Their America sounds like a terrible place.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The question is.. will we actually lead a revolution? If we did, those corrupt and those that do not abide by the Constitution, will do everything in their power to stop us, and that's even if we got enough Americans to do so. I support this 100%, but it's useless without a majority of people.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

I wrote this entirely myself. A few weeks or so ago I posted it, albeit worded slightly differently, here

So you took it upon yourself to decide what "we" want for America. How very democratic of you.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

So be it. Your opt-out is duly noted.
Revolution doesn't require everyone's involvement.
Not even a majority's.

If you'll please leave us "little people" to it...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
And then what? No government? If we do have government..who will they be? They will also be elected..based on how much air time they get..or rather how much money is behind them? You choose? How do we determine who is to lead? If we claim to have anything other than anarchy I guess we will need leader/s.

I appreciate the time spent creating this..No one is more dissatisfied with the last 30 years of politicking than myself.. (especially the last 11 years) but I am not sure what it is you are trying to do.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Why is the word, "proof" in the title. I'm getting really tired of that. The American people as a whole are so pathetically complacent and cowardly that there will be no second American Revolution as prescribed by our forefathers until they are starving to death due to the actions of their elected officials. Even then, I think that they are stupid enough to buy whatever BS lines our media feeds them to redirect their anger. As far as revision goes, do you think that the average American would be able to even get past two lines in your very well written document before they became too intimidated by all the "big words" to continue? It's unfortunate, but the majority of the people out there that would agree with the spirit of your document would need to have it worded in drooling redneck speak.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

So "we" only refers to the angry minority that you hope will grow.
See, I hope things will get better and people will get happier but to each his own I suppose.
Well your title says "proof" and "we" and yet here you are declaring that "we" does not mean both you and me, it just means you and some other people. Well, that is not "we" taking back our country. That is a few spoiled angry little people demanding the rest of us go along with what they want. I believe there are other countries where things are supposed to go that way. This is America. You want a civil war then just say it.

We "spoiled angry little people" aren't "demanding" anything except a return to constitutional principle. I doubt the majority wants to live under the rule of the fascists and the corporatists, they are just not yet awakened to the tyranny. If all Americans knew about the bankers' plans for their children, revolution would be here by morning. This document favors no one specific.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spav5

This isn't about abolishing government.

It's about restoring proper government.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join