It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Need to monitor online 'extremism'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers) Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit) Survivalist literature (fictional books such as "Patriots" and "One Second After" are mentioned by name) Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies) Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items) Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ) Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government Homeschooling Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties Belief in a New World Order conspiracy

www.networkworld.com...

yep that covers everyone on ats and the net
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

So if we were, as a collective, to post every word in the NSA Echelon watch list, in all of our signatures and emails... would it be a 'V' movement? The objective would be to overwhelm them with hit traffic that they would have to reset their servers too much?
But that would be 'immoral' wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

@thewhitehouse We're coming for you! LOL

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers) Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit) Survivalist literature (fictional books such as "Patriots" and "One Second After" are mentioned by name) Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies) Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items) Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ) Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government Homeschooling Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties Belief in a New World Order conspiracy

www.networkworld.com...

yep that covers everyone on ats and the net
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

you got that right, including some that directly work in the white house

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think it's about time the Citizens monitored 'Political Extremism' and had the capability to do something about it.

It's a shame we can't have newspaper reporters hacking into phones anymore, otherwise they could have helped out.

Oh well...

st.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

I don't know how they work, but that is possible. Every time a member posted a thread or comment it would be a new hit.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

So if we were, as a collective, to post every word in the NSA Echelon watch list, in all of our signatures and emails... would it be a 'V' movement? The objective would be to overwhelm them with hit traffic that they would have to reset their servers too much?
But that would be 'immoral' wouldn't it?

If everyone directly threatened the emperor simultaneously throughout the world, it would overload their systems and they would be running around like chickens with their heads chopped off .....on your marks, get set,GO

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
So, let's see. First, the conservatives say that Obama doesn't concentrate hard enough on monitoring the Muslim community online (which has been a huge gripe from the whining right), but now when the feds step up their monitoring of extremism, it's a bad thing. I know why it's a bad thing -- because it's monitoring far right TERRORIST groups. And yes, they are TERRORIST groups. If you notice, more than 50% of the major terrorist attacks in the US over the last 20 years have been committed by white Christians. Even outside of the US, you have Brevik, supposedly a member of the "Knights Templar", which sounds more like a group of kids playing guns and robbers outside.

What you all may need to realize is that when the US government says they are monitoring extremists, I doubt they mean the rather feeble chatter resulting from a bunch of tin foil hat lunatics on ATS. I guarentee you that if there was a major terrorist attack on our soil and there were public planning posts avaliable online on a message board, everyone on ATS would be #ting their fracking britches over how the Obama adminstration "dropped the ball" "should have been more vigilant", etc. You folks will never be happy. Accept it and move on.

Actually you are wrong, unless you believe Ron Paul supporters and those who vocally advocate that the government actually defend and protect the Constitution are indeed terrorists. Because DHS had already publicly stated that these are the "enemy". Also, informing on your neighbors? Sure sounds like Soviet/SA style secret police to me. I support the rights of all citizens, Muslim included. Your defense of tyranny is disapointing.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Seriously, anybody that quotes Wikipedia as fact might as well say their source "is a friend of my cousin's boyfriend's sister's husband who really know about that stuff." Why can no one do their own research anymore?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Thank you for picking up my slack there. I think the unfortunate problem is that far right Christians are so blinded by hate for Muslims that they don't see people like Brevik, the OKC bombers, etc, as "terrorists" because they define terrorist as a brown person, and there's no room for negotiation with that. To me, radical Christians are terrorists -- both rely on violence through terrorism, believe in converting other religions via force, and both are highly oppressive of women in every sense of the word. The difference is that because we are a deeply Christian country, you hardly ever hear about the oppression of women worldwide in other nations.

Christianity and Islam are the only two religions ever to go to war. I just can't believe reading every time on this forum about how terrible and oppressive Muslims are, and how their terrorists are such a threat to stability. Christians need to clean up their own backyard before they start denouncing the practices of another religion.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

Seriously, anybody that quotes Wikipedia as fact might as well say their source "is a friend of my cousin's boyfriend's sister's husband who really know about that stuff." Why can no one do their own research anymore?

Actually, you would be the lazy one. If you bothered to go to that Wikipedia article, you would see that every single claim made in that post is correctly cited by news organizations. It just sounds like that you want to find any excuse to ignore the fact that over the last 20 years, Christians have been responsible for the lion's share of needless death and destruction via terrorism. How "Christlike".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join