It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Our Schools Appropriately Teach the Constitution?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Why don't schools properly teach the constitution?

Because there is so much information to absorb on so many topics. The same question could be raised for any specific topic. Public school brushes across many topics and leaves it to the individual to find their "educational niche". If they properly taught the constitution (or any subject for that matter), then we would still be in school at the age of 200+.

I'm not sure I get your point anyway. I first learned of the constitution in my "Social Studies" classes in grades 3-6. I took American history in middle/Jr. high school (constitutional lessons included). Then, I took American history in high school...seems like plenty enough to me. Beyond that, what's to learn? I mean, at that point, you are either paying attention and are self motivated to explore further, or you are not.

What's important about education is NOT what they teach you; rather, it's that they inspire you and, more importantly, teach you how to teach yourself. Beyond that, lay blame squarely on the shoulders of the parents.

My 2-cents

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
reply to post by ForeverDusk

The Conxtitution isn't taught because most teachers are hard core leftists and don't beleive it is valid anymore.

Teachers are hardcore leftist?

Are you sure it is not because the Department of Education decides what the curriculum is and tells teachers what to actually teach?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Schools don't teach the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, or other important documents, simply because they don't want people finding out as to what their rights are (especially those regarding when it comes to being allowed to overthrow the Government).

This is similar to the way that they don't teach politics or banking in school anymore. Politics is made out to be "boring" so that people don't learn to look at it too closely, and banking is taught to be "hard" and "complicated" also so that people don't learn to look at it too closely.

They stopped teaching math when calculators came in, so people can't figure out what's being done to them.

In some states, they're stopping the teaching of handwriting in favour of keyboarding, so pretty soon an entire generation of kids won't be able to read anything that's not in print.

This is all to ensure that people aren't educated as to how the system is completely, and utterly, screwing them.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Where does the Constitution mandate Congress to use gold and silver?

It doesn't so that's why your teacher never mentioned it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Uh, yeah, Kro...
You know why "your teacher" never mentioned "it".
Tell about the federal reserve. Why does the teacher never mention "it", Kro troll.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
reply to post by kro32

Uh, yeah, Kro...
You know why "your teacher" never mentioned "it".
Tell about the federal reserve. Why does the teacher never mention "it", Kro troll.

You make no sense. I see you obviously can't debate me on the issue so you resort to calling people a troll. Very educated of you.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Kro, you are a fraud and you know it. I see your threads, and I have read your posts.
If the stars that are awarded for the posts against your position, in your OWN threads, were bullets, I would bring flowers. I might even say a few words to the one or two that came to see you off.
That is how you define human. I am human. Trolls aren't human.
Let's debate something Kro, but get real.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

And yet you still can't debate one single thing.

I'm starting to wonder who the actual troll is. I at least bring up my points of view and all we get from you is...well trolling other people.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Oh! Okay Kro.
Good night. Bring some bread with the spam tomorrow, I am going to bed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme

The Conxtitution isn't taught because most teachers are hard core leftists and don't beleive it is valid anymore.

I'm a teacher.

I think it's not taught because most of my colleagues don't understand it, or history. One of them said to me the other day, "I keep getting Johnson and FDR mixed up. I can't remember which did what." So how is she going to teach the Constitution? She is clueless about American History.

The ignorance of teachers (present party excluded, obviously) is astounding.

And we are NOT all leftists, as someone said earlier.

And FYI- I LOVE the Constitution, so not ALL teachers think it is not valid.
edit on 5-8-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: add last line

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I did not know that about some teachers. I thought your curriculum told you what to teach but it's very interesting. I'm glad to see you know it though

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

I did not know that about some teachers. I thought your curriculum told you what to teach but it's very interesting. I'm glad to see you know it though

We do have a curriculum, which is set by the state. It is frustrating, however, when you work with people that don't have a simple understanding of the things they are supposed to teach. It's because most intelligent people go on to do more prestigious things.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well I happen to think being a teacher is very honorable. My wife is actually finishing up her student teaching to get her degree though I don't know if she will go into that career path. I do have to admit however that she also knows nothing of the Constitution and she has a masters degree in biology.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I also think it is honorable. Remember, I am a teacher. I work in an elementary school, so that's why I work with lots of teachers who don't have a deep level of knowledge about a wide range of subjects. Elementary teachers are not all that bright, on the whole. Obviously, not all of them... Elementary teachers have other strengths, however.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Where does the Constitution mandate Congress to use gold and silver?

It doesn't so that's why your teacher never mentioned it.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Source

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Because people like the two men in your avatar have been on a fire-lighting crusade against public education ever since the Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka decision.

- Defund schools, forcing cuts in courses and resources for students and teachers
- cut teacher wages and benefits, reducing their ability to perform well
- penalize schools and teachers for poor performance after monetary cuts
- fill the school year with bubble tests to "prove" how well or poorly a school is doing
- Penalize schools further when they fail to make the test
- Respond to growing populations by increasing class size, rather than expanding school and faculty resources
- Spread mythology that public education is of benefit to no one and encourage people to not pay into it
- pass government money to "private" schools with zero oversight from the funding body (the American and state citizen)

It's nothing so complex as "Oh, them thar librulz dun' want yer kids tew know whut it meenz tew be FREE!" or any such garbage this thread is packed with. it's simply that there's a bipartisan political movement in our nation that thinks it's an awesome idea to sell off public holdings at a massive loss to the public, because it makes for good campaign donations and phantom money investments (with your tax dollars, no less). The Constitution doesn't get taught... but then neither does anything else, either. Gotta make room for the tests, besides, we had to pawn off those books to make sure the football team got new sprinklers for the field.

it always comes down to wealth. They have it, they want more, and they want to pick it from your pocket.
edit on 7/8/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Pssst. "No state."

Illinois can't issue bills of credit. The federal government is under no such restriction.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think it depends on the school district.

I learned the Constitution in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade in the gifted children's program. Then I had a Social Studies teacher who taught it in the 8th grade. Then it was REQUIRED the senior year in high school in a Government class. In other words, every student Senior year had to learn the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Indpendence and other government documents....and if you didn't pass the class...you didn't graduate.

I didn't realize that other people don't learn the constitution until I was looking for a Constitutional Attorney. There's thousands and thousands of attorneys in the phone book...but only THREE Constitutional attorneys in a city of 4 million people. It's apparently rare to learn even in law school.

The three either had too many cases or wouldn't take mine. Then I found what I thought was going to be a Constitutional attorney, but I got scammed.

I actually did all the research for my case...went down to the courthouse and pulled every single Federal court, Circuit court and US Supreme court case and made copies (which cost a lot of money). Luckily I made a backup on several floppy disks (which is all there was back then). Then these two female attorneys said they'd take my case and file for $500 and asked that I leave my case file (all federal, circuit, supreme court case print outs).

Then two weeks later, one of them calls me up and claims that they aren't filing for the $500, that they need another $1000 to file and the dumb attorney-lady claimed that she was going to file my case in Superior Court. At which point....red flags went off. It's a Constitutional case...you don't file in Superior Court. Superior Court has no jurisdiction over the Constitution. It had to be filed in Federal Court. But the dumb attorney lady didn't know that and still wanted more money.

So I said I wanted my files back. Then she refused. She claimed that I owed her at least $500 more just for "reading" the files (federal, circuit, supreme court) cases that I had given her. SO I QUIZZED HER...on the subject matter and she didn't know a thing. She didn't read any of them.

She still tried to lie and claim she read the cases but no matter what case I quizzed her on via phone...she didn't know any of them. Tried to get the files back from her (my own personal library of federal cases)...she refused. So she stole my little library. Then I had to reprint out every case that I had copied off from my own research from the courthouse library. I was furious!

So watch out on the Constitutional attorneys out there. If they claim that they'll take your case....ask them up front which court they are going to file in FIRST. If they try to file in any county or state court...don't pay them anything. County courts and state courts have no jurisdiction over the United States Constitution. County and state courts can't rule on the Constitutionality of any issue. Only a Federal Court can. So if the attorney you hire or plan on hiring doesn't know to file in Federal court...walk out the door and don't pay a dime.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The Constitution is not taught in schools anymore because in 1913 the United States became a Corporation.

Your birth certificate is a BOND. Dig it out and take a look at it. Created by a US Bond Company and there's a Bond number on it.

When people are born now the Federal Government is allowed to pull $1 million out of thin air to function on, as that's your expected life production worth...then your Bond is bought and sold/traded on WallStreet.

Americans are now commodities and no longer have Constitutional Rights.

Notice China's Leader was recently on the news saying China is now a CORPORATION? There's a REASON he said that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

and in 1886 the Supreme Court declared Corporations (ie United States) equal to an individual and deserving all benefits and protections as provided in the Constitution. source
until this changes, nothing does.
if the US is going to move beyond this current dilemma and disaster we call government, Constitutional amendments are where the focus should be aimed ... well, after removal of the Great Usurper !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join