It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Catch a Predator host busted cheating on his wife

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Huge difference between cheating on your wife and stalking children on the internet.

I don't feel it's fair to make such a comparison, it's actually really irresponsible.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Exactly, no comparison.

Well said Sir.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

True but by hooking up with women 20 years younger it shows he has the mentality of the pervs he likes to hunt. As they say Hiding in plain sight.

That is not even comparable. He is in his 50's and dating a 30 year old women. That is a far cry from a 30-40 year old sleeping with a 13 year old. In this case it is between consenting adults. The people on his show were adults trying to get kids to consent.

Agree. Having sex with a matured legal adult is lot different then luring and sleeping with kids under 18.

He definitely didn't follow what he preaches which is good. That would have been a shocker if he was caught doing just that (luring kids under 18).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

A friend told the Enquirer: 'I know this sounds crazy, but Kathleen really thought she was the only one.' She is then alleged to have told her friend: 'Chris cheated on me just like he cheated on his wife.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

So much bull#ing always in these type of stories, Its pretty obvious both the wife and mistresses knew what was up and going down. This thing just sounds like a pr story to get people talking about the show, they must have some new or more episodes coming up.

In such cases it usually just comes down to the $$$$ for all involved, so like I said they all got what they wanted, and are there for the same reasons they just have different ways and means and justifications for that reason. But ya it's about the $$$ and sex, and people being people.

The rest is just acting, and a good actor always believes that his or her acting is real.

Really there is no story here or news, so it must be a PR type of thing going on. And these actors just made good tabloid attractions with the things they do in there daily lives, it was just a good opportunity by others to attract some public interest, and it worked as can be seen by this thread.

I never actually watched his show, but I have seen clips of it while channel surfing, and it does seem like a meh, show. I watched more cheaters then to catch a predator, this whole thing is more along the line of that show cheaters only everybody knew what was going on all along. Which is really very much so like the show, nothing but a show. ie fake in some cases and set up in most. But predictable in both cases.

Read the script people read the script.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

I don't nearly agree with the way in which they operate.
But there is still a major difference.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

I understand it's not the same as ripping the innocences from a child. But a 20 year difference is still kind of disturbing. Look at it this way When he was 30 his mistresses were 10. So it just shows that he has a thing for the very young in a comparative way.

So what?? If a 20 year old is dating another 20 year old... 10 years ago they were BOTH 10. Who really cares? 20 year difference or 40 year difference, it does not matter when it is between 2 Adults who know full well what they are doing. It is none of YOUR business.

I have to wonder if a 20 year difference is "disturbing" or are you really just jealous? I am almost 40 now, I STILL date 21 year olds, I just try not to go lower than 21 because they can drink yet. However my New Year's Eve date was 19 and I had a GREAT time! So explain to me what is so "disturbing" about it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just another instance of overcompensation it seems. No different than the anti-gay legislators in Washington that like little boys. Crazy world we live in these days

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It is pretty funny....I mean, he was busted with a gal who could be his daughter...

That's just priceless irony right there....

Amazing how people with that kind of spotlight on them think they can do these things and not have it come out...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I am considering suggesting a thread move for this discussion to the BTS: People forum.

If you are into celebrities this is the place for you. The People Forum is the place on the Above Network for news and discussion regarding the famous and infamous.

Any objections?

How about the trash bin instead?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
OLD NEWS IS OLD

next line

I have never heard of this, its new to me.
Not all of us read every story ever posted.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Aww....My how the tables have turned. The Perv hunter becomes the Perv.

I wonder if he was busted on that other disgusting show "Cheaters"

That would be great to see.

Geeze if you look at the age differences between Chris Hansen and his mistresses, he must be taking tips form the people who's lives he ruined with his tv show.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Him and his wife are probably already separated. I wouldn't call him a perv but he is prolific! More power to him and good luck laying pipe on those hot young women.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The person with NO morals hosting and passing judgement and entrapment on others. Thanks. I always had a sneaking suspicion Chris was NO good himself. Ahemmm

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

Originally posted by Kitilani
reply to post by JBA2848

The tactics employed by Perverted Justice make entrapment seem like a dream. While you mention how they had to "talk men into coming over" it is hard not to notice that in the last season of the show so many of the men seemed to suffer from some kind of metal disability on some level. Perverted Justice would do things that almost- almost - made my more sympathetic to the real child rapists they spent so little time actually going after.

You need help! How can you have any sympathy for child rapists? How would you feel if one of these child diddlers met up with your daughter?

I think you might need help reading my post. Nowhere did I ever express any sympathy for child rapists.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariess
reply to post by dethduck

No, entrapment is when law enforcement officers or agents working on their behalf persuade someone to commit a crime that they had no previous intent to commit.

Which is EXACTLY what Perverted Justice does. There is a reason TCAP was shut down. They stopped being allowed to roll their entrapment machines into certain localities.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The person with NO morals hosting and passing judgement and entrapment on others. Thanks. I always had a sneaking suspicion Chris was NO good himself. Ahemmm

I can not help but ask....

If you had the same degree of notoriety and cameras were focused on you, how much footage would be caught that others can judge you about?

So Chris Hanson is cheating on his wife... men have been doing that since the beginning of time, but yet we are supposed to be outraged cause a guy who targeted pedophiles is cheating on his wife?

I just don't buy into the nonsense. Chris Hanson is known and it is well known that he has money. I would argue that these younger women know who he is and that is part of the reason why they are with him. They have something to gain, and let's not mince words.... Younger girls today have no issue with being with a guy who can benefit them monetarily.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Putting aside the sexism in your post, I feel you are missing the point. What authority does the man in question have to go around dealing his own brand of "investigation" and "justice"?

If you are going to preach moral superiority to the masses you had best make sure you are whiter than white, otherwise it may well come back to haunt you (which it has in this case). Let's be completely honest, the show was not intended to stop child abuse (the most important issue) or catch people who may or may not have committed a crime - it was always about the spectacle which equals money in the entertainment industry. The real job of hunting down dangerous predators and child abusers should be handled by professionals and subsequently the justice/rehabilitation system. It is far too important for anything or anyone else. This is before we get to the issues of encouraging others to turn to vigilantism as a legitimate means to an end. Innocent people have and will get hurt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join