To Catch a Predator host busted cheating on his wife

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
SpringHeeledJack suffers from the autism.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

What conclusion did I jump to?

Your the one who read into my origional post and drew your wrong conlusions..

Kettle, meet pot.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
WHAT are you doing here???
you do realize this girl is only 30?
what did you bring with you???? oh a Condom??? you do realize you have a wife right?
hey wait a minuet...... your Chris Hansen datelin nbc!!!!

hahahaha classic its funny how the tables have turned after all that time of going out of his way to expose other peoples dirty laundry ( not that that was a bad thing) his own has been exposed

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I am all for catching predators but this should be left for professionals and dealt with properly using the justice system/rehabilitation, not for entertainment and profit!

Vigilantism should not be encouraged, I guess he had it coming.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Whil 30 isn't old..

I would hardly describe it as young. This source seems a bit biased.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I love how people keep saying the tables have turned while failing to recognize that this is an issue over an affair with two adults, both of whom are both well over consenting age.. While Chris Hansen pursues men who target young teen girls (and boys?) to help keep them from actually getting to young boys and girls.

It would be another thing if his date were 14. But she was over twice that.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
I love how people keep saying the tables have turned while failing to recognize that this is an issue over an affair with two adults, both of whom are both well over consenting age.. While Chris Hansen pursues men who target young teen girls (and boys?) to help keep them from actually getting to young boys and girls.

It would be another thing if his date were 14. But she was over twice that.
No, it's about a man who portrays a public face of moral superiority by deceptively tempting and coercing individuals into situations that they may or may not have entered into otherwise, through the once illegal act of entrapment, again showing that the moral impetus he bestows unto others for the sake of ratings, do not, in fact, apply to him.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

This makes him a sleaze bag, not a criminal. Does anybody really care about this? Don't see why anyone would, he's not breaking any laws, or preying on children. BIG difference between a 52 year old sleeping with a 30 year old and a 30 year old with a 16 year old.

People don't seem to be able to realize that the face of a reporter is NOT who the reporter is, with as much Hollywood smut as is in the news these days, I'd hope we'd have learned that lesson by now. Why are we so concerned about a reporter's hypocrisy when our political leaders consistently do this crap - which affects our lives and well-being, yet nobody seems to really care? Let's talk about Hansen some more...
edit on 8/4/11 by Angry Danish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I agree...this will not change the world or lower my taxes....

But I do find it interesting and amusing in the most ironic, selfish, and self indulgent way.... kinda like sneaking an extra chocolate chip cookie from the bag when my wife isn't looking or scooping up an extra hundred while playing banker in Monopoly..

As for all the folks poo-pooing the Op for bringing this to light. How many of them would suddenly find it worth commenting over if the man caught cheating was suddenly a preacher or a school teacher or the president?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

True but by hooking up with women 20 years younger it shows he has the mentality of the pervs he likes to hunt. As they say Hiding in plain sight.

Natural selection determines that younger is better for female mates.
If you want to blame somebody for the age difference, blame the females.
Their urges are for "strong" men and security. They are not all sweet and innocent. That is part of the act.
Nature determines the rules, not your concepts of morality or what you believe is disgusting about this age discrepency.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
ok - my take on this rediculous nonsense

the age of consent is ___ < insert correct age for your juristiction > above this age - no consensual relationship is either " perverted " or " illegal " , nor is adultery[1]

[1] except in juristrictions unduely influenced by theocratic nonsense

in the sane world , adultery is a breach of trust , , grounds for divorce - not an illegal act or an act of perversion

and comparining it to pedophilia is as assanine as the immaginary friend who you are getting your " advice " off

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

No, entrapment is when law enforcement officers or agents working on their behalf persuade someone to commit a crime that they had no previous intent to commit. It is not entrapment when a law officer simply provides a seemingly good opportunity to commit the crime. Whereas its not entrapment when a police officer asks to buy drugs from someone, and maybe even begs. It is entrapment if a law officer puts the idea of selling drugs into the head of someone who doesn't sell drugs. Firstly, dateline has no affiliation with the police what so ever. I think, in the first episodes of the show the police weren't even involved. Later, they ran parallel investigations. So, how ever the would be rapists were caught doesn't even matter. Now, I have only seen the show a couple times, but the cases I've seen were pretty consistent. The "decoy" stated they were 12-15 years of age, the suspect would make sexual comments, and then willingly accept to meet in person to make good on their advances. I guess that could just be how they produced the show, but most of the ones I saw even admitted that they were sexually attracted to children and they came to have sex with the fictitious child. Some coercion may have been made, but really how much coercion would make you rape a child?
Anyways he obviously has his own sexual issues, and I definitely see the irony because of that. It's just fact that he was having an affair with consenting adults. Those consenting adults probably coerced him more then the decoys did the suspects, as he is semi-rich and famous.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

So you do care. You cared enough to post on a topic you think is no one's business.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Marriage vows may not be "laws", but they are to be taken seriously and respected. In this sense, he broke his promise to his wife. I get a little tired of hearing "he didn't break any laws". Adultery used to be grounds for divorce in this country.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think Chris Hansen has a lot of enemies....and they are out to get him......let's say these affair rumors are true....the people involved are all adults......this (so-called sting operation) was brought about by the National Enquirer....and they are not known for telling the truth.

If these rumors are true... .all the people concerned are consenting adults.....not perverts.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
He cheated. Not cool. But It was with a person who is definately "legal". Comparisons to the people on his show are completely, illogical. Fact is, he could have cheated with an 18 year old, it would have made more sense for the comparisons, but she still would have been legal.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am considering suggesting a thread move for this discussion to the BTS: People forum.

If you are into celebrities this is the place for you. The People Forum is the place on the Above Network for news and discussion regarding the famous and infamous.

Any objections?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket

No he didn't ruin anyone's life with his show. To Catch A Predator surely has done a lot to expose the dangers that children in our society live in. These creeps get what they deserve IMO.

Well said! Anyone who has sympathy for these creeps is sick in the head.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Looks like JeffMagnetic got smacked with the ban hammer!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
reply to post by JBA2848

The tactics employed by Perverted Justice make entrapment seem like a dream. While you mention how they had to "talk men into coming over" it is hard not to notice that in the last season of the show so many of the men seemed to suffer from some kind of metal disability on some level. Perverted Justice would do things that almost- almost - made my more sympathetic to the real child rapists they spent so little time actually going after.

You need help! How can you have any sympathy for child rapists? How would you feel if one of these child diddlers met up with your daughter?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join