It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors In Social Media Of A Certian Individual Reached A Fevered Pitch To The Pentagons Ears

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The Pentagon is developing plans to use
social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter as both a resource and a weapon
in future conflicts.

DEVELOPING??
You are waaaay behind sister.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That's a rumor that began from a satirical take on the nature of social media.
techcrunch.com...

I've "heard" it was actually funded by an NSA front group. A sort of venture capital outlet.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
And you wonder why these companies that are worth INSANE amounts of money that sell ZERO tangible goods are the way they are......

FACEBOOK = CIA WET DREAM

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

And she recently so conveniently came out in favor of aboloshing
anonymous internet social media. How convenient.

And in the meantime, Anonymous is busy at work attacking every other business
of ordinary commerce.

And then there is Lulz which according to the Pentagon is "script kiddies" and not skiddies.

The times they are a changing.
edit on 4-8-2011 by burntheships because: spelling

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

The Pentagon is developing plans to use
social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter as both a resource and a weapon
in future conflicts.

DEVELOPING??
You are waaaay behind sister.

Well, I will let ya slide on that one, - You left out the part where I said many of us here on ATS
already were aware...however ....please see related threads.
The New York Times is attempting to figure it out.

edit on 4-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The only real threat to this country is that major one called....WASHINGTON
The sooner we pull the plug on that turd the sooner we can all get back to our freedom and economics

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Strange you bring up techcrunch. Techcrunch is a Israeli commerence and Mossad propagandist company that pushes companies from Israel and they have ties to bring you companies like Plimus and Payoneer credit card companies. Payoneer is ran by Yuval Tal a hitman Mossad agent who gave Payoneer credit cards to the Dubai hit squad who killed the Hamas Leader in Dybai. Shortly after returning to New York City the fact came out about Payoneer credit cards being used and he fled back to Israel to never return. Six months later he had companies techcrunch included peomoting his new company with the help of the Israeli Comerence. His new company was named Fiftyone and it sales items from high priced stores in New York around the world. Nice bonus for job well done right.

Theres a picture of him here.
www.linkedin.com...
Can you pick him out of the Dubai hitmen on this one.
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Hint middle row all the way to the right.

And I mentioned Plimus credit card company above with Payoneer. Thats because Plimus is ran by Yuval Tals brother. His mother runs a intelligence company that was started by the father she got it after the divorce. But that company does most of the criminal and financial background checks for major corporations. The Father started a new company Tal Global Security. And is even involved with Homeland Security.

edit on 4-8-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Well, Washington may be behind half the internet community for all we know.

Everything else you siad I agree with.

Andfor those who are curious....

Background
Events of strategic as well as tactical importance to our Armed Forces are increasingly taking place in social media space. We must, therefore, be aware of these events as they are
DARPA-BAA-11-64 SOCIAL MEDIA IN STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION (SMISC) 5
happening and be in a position to defend ourselves within that space against adverse outcomes. For example, in one case rumors about the location of a certain individual began to spread in social media space and calls for storming the rumored location reached a fever pitch. By chance, responsible authorities were monitoring the social media, detected the crisis building, sent out effective messaging to dispel the rumors and averted a physical attack on the rumored location. This was one of the first incidents where a crisis was (1) formed (2) observed and understood in a timely fashion and (3) diffused by timely action, entirely within the social media space.www.fbo.gov...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

And I could see that first case being the Dubai hit. The intelligence community had no idea the videos and pictures and all the data that would be released following those attacks. And there was more then just Israel involved in the cover up and hiding of Yuval Tal.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Are they preparing all of us for a new reality.
I do not believe the official story of OBL, when he was killed I'm not sure.
Now hints about him having to be taken out because it was on twitter shows them creating a new paradigm for a future audience. In the sense the computer voting and corrupt software that goes with it has to have a historical base.
I'll exemplify it like this. You are a sovereign nation as far as history is concerned because the Declaration Of Independence was written and had an effect upon people. That was the means of communication then it was the way by which the populous was engaged in history and was presumed to inform the leadership.
In the same way because of the way history is going ie: if children learn history at all it is a warped media representation, the basic skill levels of reading, writing, comprehension and math all would seem to be failing. So what informed our forebears no longer informs youth.
What informs the modern generation and the generations to come is twitter and facebook. So they say they had to act, and for the sake of this argument it really doesn't matter whom they had to act against, it is the catylist for this action they are seeking to define.
They are seeking to give the medium historical pith and movement trying to say we are in control of their obnoxious dystopian plans because they are our bestist bestist friend on facebook/twitter. The generations coming through would seem to seek identity through those means now and if they can state that this identity/profile can move tyrants by posting feeds they will feel involved and in control.
Another way it's perfect for them is that instead of thousands of books to deal with they can eventually control through two social network feeds.
edit on 4/8/11 by goldentorch because: clarification

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Addendum:
On both sides of the pond.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Hi Burn,

You may have seen all of this already. However, for your information.

Blogs and Military Information Strategy by James B. Kinniburgh, Major, USAF, and Dr. Dorothy E. Denning

MILITARY DECEPTION OPERATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE by William R. Cunningham, Lieutenant Colonel, USMC

CYBERSPACE AND THE NEW AGE OF INFLUENCE BY MAJOR LELAND BOHANNON

Influence Operations and the Internet: A 21st Century Issue Legal, Doctrinal and Policy Challenges in the Cyber World Rebecca A. Keller, Lt Col, USAF

Basically these documents are important because they show that intelligence strategists were planning to use blogs (and almost certainly other important media like large forums) for operations. Remember that intelligence operations are not solely conducted abroad in war theatres.

Finally there is this conclusion made by the author of this article on a formerly secret now declassified document. There is a link to the document in the article.

Conclusion
Does the Pentagon define any real limits to information warfare? Information operations can be used on both domestic and foreign audiences, in non-permissive or semi-permissive environments, on adversary and non-adversary, during peace, crisis and war, and in denied areas. Should we really expect anything less? They did tell us that their goal was full spectrum dominance. (emphasis mine)
Information Operatiions Roadmap by Brent Jessop

Guardian: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

Originally posted by theHairInTheSoup
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05a268919fb4.jpg[/atsimg]

www.usaspending.gov...

Yes the air force is spending millions of your public money to buy those persona management software. imo, it is only the tip of the iceberg. If airforce is doing it all the departments and agencies of all armies & intel services in the west are doing it as well on black/secret budget (estimations are $200 millions for USA only but that's speculation)

To illustrate briefly what are persona management online services :

This is an excerpt from one of the Word Documents, which was sent as an attachment by Aaron Barr, CEO of HBGary's Federal subsidiary, to several of his colleagues to present to clients:

To build this capability we will create a set of personas on twitter,‭ ‬blogs,‭ ‬forums,‭ ‬buzz,‭ ‬and myspace under created names that fit the profile‭ (‬satellitejockey,‭ ‬hack3rman,‭ ‬etc‭)‬.‭ ‬These accounts are maintained and updated automatically through RSS feeds,‭ ‬retweets,‭ ‬and linking together social media commenting between platforms.‭ ‬With a pool of these accounts to choose from,‭ ‬once you have a real name persona you create a Facebook and LinkedIn account using the given name,‭ ‬lock those accounts down and link these accounts to a selected‭ ‬#‭ ‬of previously created social media accounts,‭ ‬automatically pre-aging the real accounts.

UPDATED: The HB Gary Email That Should Concern Us All
SOURCE: Army, CIA, corporations, propaganda & Internet sock puppets : facts, tactics & fight back

You might find this thread interesting too. Government Seeking Persona Management Software (Fake Web Users) to manufacture concent.

Regards

Pimander

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Yet another page in the disturbing journal of where we are going in terms of "national security". Who exactly are we protecting and from whom?

George Orwell is somewhere screaming "I told you so...I told you so!!!"

In comes the new goldstein.

NewsSpeak tells us another villian is still out there.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I trust you on that one, I want to read up on it.
If I google those key words, are there write ups on it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Hi Burn,

You may have seen all of this already.

Blogs and Military Information Strategy by James B. Kinniburgh, Major, USAF, and Dr. Dorothy E. Denning

MILITARY DECEPTION OPERATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE by William R. Cunningham, Lieutenant Colonel, USMC

CYBERSPACE AND THE NEW AGE OF INFLUENCE BY MAJOR LELAND BOHANNON

Influence Operations and the Internet: A 21st Century Issue Legal, Doctrinal and Policy Challenges in the Cyber World Rebecca A. Keller, Lt Col, USAF

Some, yes and some no...thanks for posting. Good to read through to fill in the blanks.

Conclusion
Does the Pentagon define any real limits to information warfare? Information operations can be used on both domestic and foreign audiences, in non-permissive or semi-permissive environments, on adversary and non-adversary, during peace, crisis and war, and in denied areas. Should we really expect anything less? They did tell us that their goal was full spectrum dominance. (emphasis mine)
Information Operatiions Roadmap by Brent Jessop

So, according to that document, they are infiltrating domestic forums, blogs, etc.

I think we can all attest to the fact that we see this on a regular basis here.
Maybe even in this thread, lol.

www.usaspending.gov...

This is an excerpt from one of the Word Documents, which was sent as an attachment by Aaron Barr, CEO of HBGary's Federal subsidiary, to several of his colleagues to present to clients:

To build this capability we will create a set of personas on twitter,‭ ‬blogs,‭ ‬forums,‭ ‬buzz,‭ ‬and myspace under created names that fit the profile‭ (‬satellitejockey,‭ ‬hack3rman,‭ ‬etc‭)‬.‭ ‬These accounts are maintained and updated automatically through RSS feeds,‭ ‬retweets,‭ ‬and linking together social media commenting between platforms.‭ ‬With a pool of these accounts to choose from,‭ ‬once you have a real name persona you create a Facebook and LinkedIn account using the given name,‭ ‬lock those accounts down and link these accounts to a selected‭ ‬#‭ ‬of previously created social media accounts,‭ ‬automatically pre-aging the real accounts.

UPDATED: The HB Gary Email That Should Concern Us All
SOURCE: Army, CIA, corporations, propaganda & Internet sock puppets : facts, tactics & fight back

You might find this thread interesting too. Government Seeking Persona Management Software (Fake Web Users) to manufacture concent.

Great references, and thanks for posting, and your comments. A few of these threads I have missed,
will go check them out.

There is also the one large thread that was posted by a top member, Proto.
Adding that here just in case anyone had missed it.

U.S Government Wages Sock Puppet War Against Its Own Citizens
edit on 4-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Heres some links to post I made on the Tal family.

And about Techcrunch take a look at these two photos.
Roi Carthy of Techcrunch.

Hit man from Dubai.

But the US is in on the hits in other countries. Heres a thread where I pulled up stories from Pakistan at the time of the Bin Laden take down. Seems the guy who owned the place Bin Laden was in was killed in a hit the week befor the raid. And I would say the media has done pretty good clouding up the story about the Bin Laden raid that no body even bothers looking for the real story.

edit on 4-8-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So they want to create software for cyberwar which mimics human thoughts and replies on social media sites to a cyber enemy...

... hold on, I've seen this one before...

... then it becomes self-aware and realizes all humans are terrorists...

... it's SKYNET!!!!!

hehe

ATS become the terminator! We have another way to end the world now!

The real question is, if they admit to doing this, how can ATS stay committed to saying there are none on here?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

But the US is in on the hits in other countries. Heres a thread where I pulled up stories from Pakistan at the time of the Bin Laden take down.

Seems the guy who owned the place Bin Laden was in was killed in a hit the week befor the raid.

And I would say the media has done pretty good clouding up the story about the Bin Laden raid that no body even bothers looking for the real story.

What a coicidence, huh?

Medias professional obscurification in the bin Laden story, yes...colluded with Government
for the high profile boogey man.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

... it's SKYNET!!!!!

hehe

ATS become the terminator! We have another way to end the world now!

If we are not a part of the problem, then we are part of the solution.

Its getting to the point where at least 90% of the time, I am proven right.

Take for instance the member that was quick to jump into this thread. lol.

They dont stand much of a chance when we identify, and send in the heat seeking missiles.

Of course, there will always be the sleepers.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Theres a .PDF file i sent to a friend detaling this topic matter. the whitehouse is using this source to reach out to young (brainwashed) voters, and fund raising

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join