It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new cadborosaurs candiate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just attended a presentation by jim butler from the university of alberta about sea monsyters, and strange creatures in the ocean. one of the topics was about the cadborosaurs. He presented an interesting theory. the cabborosaurs video www.youtube.com... it appaerntly shows some kind of mammal. his theroy that it was actualy a remanent stellers sea cow, The now extinct animal use to inhabit alot of the range that cadborosaurs does,cadborsaurs is described as having a mammal like head, the sea cow is a mammal, so this actucaly sounds like a very good potential candidate to me, its also worth noting is that the stellers sea cow has also been frequently sighted throughout the 1900s www.cryptomundo.com...
so it makes sense to me

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's an interesting theory.

Does this guy go around the country giving presentations? I wouldn't mind getting him to come to my university in BC.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

im not fully sure, he gets asked to do presentations by differnt groups, or so he said
edit on 4-8-2011 by connorromanow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
It's an interesting theory.

Does this guy go around the country giving presentations? I wouldn't mind getting him to come to my university in BC.

The BC Cryptozoological Org. is actually based at UBC if I recall. And the Caddy search org. is a Victoria based org. - perhaps at UVIC?

J.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I've never seen this suggested but I thought about it. Humps, horse-like head... seen in various American lakes, sounds and even across Europe. Could it be an unknown aquatic Camelid?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

an aquatic camalid, theres defiantly an interesting concept

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
I've never seen this suggested but I thought about it. Humps, horse-like head... seen in various American lakes, sounds and even across Europe. Could it be an unknown aquatic Camelid?

It's a good theory since these creatures don't really need large quantities of fish to survive and would do well at just bottom-feeding.

The thing is that it doesn't explain all of them either. The natives knew for hundreds of years that Ogopogo will violently attack anything in the water (before motorboats anyways), to the point that they would throw sheep in the water before they travelled the lake.

And then there's the actual underwater footage of a long, worm-like creature in a Norweigian lake.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The thing is that it doesn't explain all of them either. The natives knew for hundreds of years that Ogopogo will violently attack anything in the water (before motorboats anyways), to the point that they would throw sheep in the water before they travelled the lake.

Alot of people now say that they are prehistoric whales called zeulgadons(ogopogo paritculairly), such as basilosaurs, as oppsed to plesiosaurs. which would make some sense a warm blooded aniaml could survive better in cold waters, both groups can go on land to find more food. fossils show that they had long slender snake like bodys, plus the mass extinction the zeulgadon went through was far less severe than what the plesiosaurs went through. And certain monstes(not ogopogo though) were actualy described as being almost playful towords humans, a trait of some modern day whales(dolphins). so perhaps they are zeulgadons or some kind of mammal

new topics

top topics

join