It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! I may have hit the meteorite lottery!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Be prepared to be raided by unknown forces sent by the Government because you decided to keep the meteorite for yourself.

edit on 4-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Screw the laws and regulations I say, you found it, take and do what you will. I read too many stories where the government steps in on people and take what they find.. Like that family that found 10 gold coins after their dad/granddad died... only to have the treasury or who ever take them to court for it.

so take it, hide it. and if it is real, may you and yours prosper.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That "rock" looks to be an incredible find.
I really hope it's what you think it is and it secures the future for you and your family.

edit on 4-8-2011 by rykc27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rykc27

Thank you. I sure hope its what I think it is too! I could use a little economic stimulus if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Maybe because they are so hot coming it, it hit up against the cliff which flattened it?????

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

No that's not possible. What is a possibility is that it was frozen in a glacier and as the glacier slowly grinded along carving out lake erie, that end of the meteorite became exposed, therefore grinding a flat spot on it before finally releasing it at or near its current location. Wishful thinking.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

But not not impossible.
Another theory wold be that is fractured along a naturally occurring crystalline plane. The metals in meteors are usually in a crystalline form. Don't give up yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am a long time meteorritical researcher and I note that nothing has been posted since April. I will be at my summer home in Eastern PA next week. I know this is away across the state but should I return via Ohio I might be able to offer a field inspection and suggest how to proceed. Feel free to contact me via this post or by Private message. I've just joined this forum and haven't explored all the contact avenues. my email is mstreman 53 @ the !Y hoo-- no spaces of course just making it more difficult for address harvesting bots
Regards.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mstreman

Hey thanks for the offer! The dates on this site are backwards though. They use the day-month-year format. I just posted this a few weeks ago
much to my dismay, I've pretty much resided to the fact that it is probably a hunk of steel from the local steel mill. Although I haven't had a nickel test done yet. Its still setting on the beach.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

edit on 19-8-2011 by Sapiens because: Posted on an old thread, no need for a response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join