It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One week after police find marijuana growing in Florida mayor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

One week after police find marijuana growing in Florida mayor

www.dailymail.co.uk

An 84-year-old mayor who was found by a police chief with marijuana plants in her garden has fired the entire department.

City commissioners voted 3-2 Monday night in favour of closing the department.

The controversy came to the forefront earlier this month when Mayor Mary Lee Cook told officials she believed someone from the police force planted marijuana on her property.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So search did not pop this up using the title key words so here it is. It looks like "someone" dropped some plants over the fence then "called" the cops. Too bad granny is no fool! hope this sends a warning out to cops every where, they can be fired in lots not just one at a time. She turned the law over to the sheriff who gets to suss this all out. One look at granny says she is not one to fool with and if she had actually been growing the plant she prolly would have had it in with her begonias not in some pots along the fence.
seed

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

An investigation revealed they weren't hers.

I don't know the town but this has "small town politics" written all over it.

Just elements of gossipy bs turned sour in my opinion.

Spent years in Delaware experiencing it lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Good for her! She appears to be a very strong willed Lady. Unfortunately, I fear that she may have an "accident" before too long, and it will be covered up as is usually the case in these types of situations. I wish her the best and I pray for her safety in dealing with those who are obviously up to no good.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Small town politics...

The Mayor probably got caught in bed with a female deputies husband or something and BAM! lol

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was just talking about seeds growing into plants in peoples lungs right before seeing this.

Then I saw the title.

Actual story was much less amusing.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Mess with the Bull and you get the Horns
Her Honor stomped a mud hole in them

This has small town frame up written all over it
Would not be the first time something was planted to discredit someone in politics

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

Trying to apply innocent until proven guilty in this case becomes a little bit of a challenge. Still, I think Mayor Granny was probably clean but had p***ed the Chief of Police off in some way. The Chiefs face looked like she had a real temper.

I am curious if anymore details will appear on this, bet they would be interesting whatever they end up being.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. It reads like the convoluted plot from an episode of Dukes of Hazzard, or a sequel to the movie starring Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scot!

What were the police thinking in trying to plant the plant in her garden ? I do hope that the sheriffs deparment can excise the rot at the heart of this matter. When the people whos duty is the protection of the public, and the upholding of law and order start messing with people like this, the only outcome is that thier organisation will be veiwed with disdain and distrust, driving further wedges between the people and thier alleged protectorate.

It is perhaps unfortunate that the lady Mayor is as old as she is. A person as sharp as she must be to have brushed this subterfuge off so well could do a lot of good. I hope that she reaches one hundred, and has many years more service to her community before her life ends.

new topics

top topics

join