It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by JuniorDavis

21 grams of masse isn't a proof of the existence of the spirit departing a dead corps.
Think about it one minute:
If the spirit could be weighted and measured then this will be in total contradiction with the so called subtlety of the consistence of the soul...the soul in fact can't be measure with any 3 dimensional objects.
You can't have it both way.

So what are you trying to say? The soul sits inside us completely dormant? Doesn't do anything. Since it cant interact with anything?

I'm not understanding your post.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

There is many dimension beside our own, the soul reside between our dimension and a higher one...therefor you can't measure something that is in transit.
Yes in general the soul is dormant for the majority of people.
Your mission, if you accept, is to journey your being from ego to spirit.
You understand my argument?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

There is many dimension beside our own, the soul reside between our dimension and a higher one...therefor you can't measure something that is in transit.
Yes in general the soul is dormant for the majority of people.
Your mission, if you accept, is to journey your being from ego to spirit.
You understand my argument?

Ja, I understand the argument. I totally disagree.

There's something makes us unique. Something that causes people to connect with other people.

Ever been in a bus or a train and you were extremely uncomfortable. Like the atmosphere or people around you were offending you? Just felt out of place.

Although you really cant for sure tell what it is about the bus or train that is bothering you. But where and what is it inside you that is being bothered?

The same thing goes for when you meet someone new. Does this new person make you happy? Do you feel at ease or maybe you like the person.

It goes further than personality.

Our spirits play a huge role in everyday life. They are inside us here. Not on a seperate universe.

We're not mindless zombies.
edit on 8-8-2011 by JuniorDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No, you didn't understand...you first wrote about 21g which is a fraud of measurement and then I explain to you that the soul, if, is in no way able to be measured by 3 dimensional object, because the soul reside in a kind of transit dimension between ours and a higher.
Now our soul is there but the soul is perfect, unchangeable, eternal and for most unconditionally in love. In our journey as human, we engage our self to expand the dominion of the soul in recognising our soul as part of this world through love and compassion this is the only thing that our soul is attach to.
Some people have not reach the recognition of the soul or of love therefor the soul reside outside of interference...hence all the master of the past like Jesus coming a round and showing you the way that your soul had design for you...which is love.
I hope you got this one now, if not then never mind...see you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by IAMIAM
I do not wish to offend you my friend, but I do not wish to be drawn into any lengthy discussions at this time. On the matters of Christ, I have already said all that needed to be said in the brief time that I was active here. I pop in from time to time, but time for talk is done. Now I spend my time doing what I said I came to do.
No problem and I'm not offended.

P.S. Did you leave the studies of Christ because of his followers or because of his teachings?
Some of his teachings are good, some are not. Mark 12:31 Is a good verse. "Love your neighbor as yourself," would make a different world if everyone lived by that.

Everyone begins with you my friend.

Originally posted by HydromanMatthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own," is not good advice imo. You should be thinking about your future and planning for it, not take it one day at a time.

You are correct and you are wrong my friend. It is bad advice for the world we live in, the world of dog eat dog that we created. That world is fading away and a new world comes. The advice is for the new world. You should never have to worry about tomorrow for no matter what it brings, we have each other through it. Worry about making that a reality today, and it will be your tomorrow.

Originally posted by Hydroman Matthew 5:29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell," seems to be bad advice as well. If it were good advice, I suppose every man in the world would be blind.

Every man in the world is blind my friend. There is a veil which he never sees past. That is his beginning and his end. The one is what others have told him, and the other he must find out for himself. Straining to hard to see past the veil causes one to miss the now. Sin is a creation of Man. The divine did not create sin. Just as man created sin, so to can he destroy it within himself. It is a matter of perception. There is no sin for each does according to what he believes is correct. The sin is your own judgement. If your eye casts judgement you should cast it out. It prevents you from loving the moment before you. You miss the wholiness that is the whole in motion. You forgive the transgressions of others for you know the struggles it took to relinquish such a yoke.

Originally posted by HydromanMatthew 10:34-37 isn't very nice either, "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." If we are all christ, or a part of him, or whatever you believe, then that verse just doesn't make sense.

Really? Christ was saying to love all equally. Do not love anything MORE than him. What happens when you love a family member more than another? What happens when the mere perception is there? Jealousy, envy, wrath, all run the household of a man into the ground. Such is happening now on a global scale.

Watch.

Originally posted by HydromanI left the faith because of the culmination of many things. Not just one or two things, but many. It was a journey of about 10 years, searching, asking, reading, etc. but not continuously I might add.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Well good luck on your journey then fellow traveler. If you need anything along the way, ask.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household.
You didn't mention anything about the above verse.

Really? Christ was saying to love all equally. Do not love anything MORE than him. What happens when you love a family member more than another? What happens when the mere perception is there? Jealousy, envy, wrath, all run the household of a man into the ground.
If that is what he was saying, it makes sense.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDavis

OP, Although I am a pretty firm believer on what you said. How do you know in another universe the day that "God" said something would happen didn't actually happen? In your universe it might not have came. But in another; "Many worlds" interpretation this could be highly possibly that it did infact happen.

Hell, in MWI you could still be christian. And have met this "God"

Just a thought.
I could even be God in another universe. I could also be Satan in another. I could be Joan of Ark in another. I could be a dragon in another. The problem is, we don't even know if those other universes exist, but we do know that this one does.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Do not fear the unknown. DO not fear not having all the answers. The light shines on us and we must seek the faith within and our own truth. Its out here....everywhere. God is everywhere....all you have to do is have that sense of faith. To not see does not mean it is not there....its everywhere.
If we seek our own truth, then nobody would be wrong. Everyone's truth could possibly differ from each other. Would that mean that everyone is right? How does that work?

"Seek and you shall find" is one of many verses that has remained with my spirit. Its one that spoke much louder than some of the others. We seek to have the knowledge that is so scattered among-st literature.
We seek what has been forgotten, yet we learn from History.

We learn from others.

What exactly do we learn? We basically learn what is "good" (we also feel good) and we learn what is "bad" (we also feel bad). We sense....or feel. So we are emotional beings.. We can't see these emotions but we know they are there. We have labeled them as such.

While we learn....we feel. The Spirit in us allows these feelings to manifest....love or fear. Fear is the opposite of love and there are many attributes to fear itself. It disguises itself as hate, jealousy, and ego...etc..

Love is a feeling that when spoken or felt allows us to be out of ego, hate, and jealousy. It allows us to be who we are supposed to be.... The true light/love of the Universe's spoken Word.

We came to a Planet that would not inhabit the Spirit without flesh. We hovered over it....new it was a fearful place but we came to overcome such fear. We came to fight the battle fear vs. love) and in doing so we risk losing more than we gain. Its a challenge for the soul/spirit. In coming here throughout thousands of years we as a collective have lost the Spirit and are more Earthly. We believe man over our Spirit. We (our spirits) are constantly fighting within and abroad for love. When we do not get the love we become fearful. We feel alone. We sense there is more but our memories have forgotten because the collective spirits (fearful ones) have seemingly lead us to the point of no return. But there is hope.

Before Christianity became an organized Religion we remembered where we came from. We were so open with love collectively we were not as bound by fear as we are today. We were more mystic....gnostic....star gazed....was in tune with every creation and the love and beauty it offered. We knew the seasons....we knew that if we did not collectively stay in the realm of love not only would WE suffer but so would everything else. We knew we were connected. Like a long string of beads are connected so is the Creation. We feel for it. We sense the beauty in a bloom, in an old tree, in an animal, in our loved ones, in our plants, in everything that is a part of the Spoken Word. Its where the light is...it is where the love is. There is no fear and should be no fear in the Creation. We are here for a split second....it seems like forever ...but we are here only for a short time.

What we do in this short time without the collective memory is either live in fear or seek love. While seeking love we wonder where we came from and who are we....what am I here for. When silenced and thought becomes silent we are able to connect with the feeling and sense we are more than fear....we are more than we SEE. As we grow older we learn about the evolving society and they shape us. Some of us are more vulnerable than others. We try and make sense....we try to feel what is being conveyed. When the feeling does not add up it adds to the confusion. This is because..again we are emotional beings .....seeking and trying to attract love/light.
When we feel anything else besides what we are seeking or attracting we become fearful. It is because this challenging Planet is set up for us to overcome fear. Darkness is all around and IN this Planet. We can collectively help our Planet and ourselves and everything else in our Solar System if we just seek and attract love/light. When we do not attract it or seek it we then become so vulnerable.

In our day and age it is even more difficult to maintain this light/love. Darkness is trying to take over and we are collectively allowing it. We are brainwashed by the TV and Literature we have indeed lost our way. This is foreseen though. It has been our History of civilizations that have tried before us. We are still collectively trying to get it right.

Do you sense what is going on with our Planet and our Solar System? Do you know what is being reported in the news that is not on TV? We are witnessing History all over again. We are all ready for a New Earth, and New Beginning, A more loving society where we live for others and live in Peace. The collective Light and Love is making its way through the darkness and the Light will overcome the darkness as History has shown us.

The ones who are striving for Love/Light will win the battle. We set out to. This is why we are here in this day and age. We are the fighters of Eden. We are here to reclaim the Love that was set in motion in the very beginning.

Metaphorically speaking the Bible is a great tool for learning who we are and where we came from and where we are going. It tells a lot of stories for which we are to learn from. We are to feel and sense the Truth with Faith. Faith of the unseen but felt love/light that makes the Cosmos and everything in it perfect. You either hinder it or you embrace it and help move it where it needs to go............TO PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!

Perfection is coming without the feared Spirit....overcoming fear is what we all must do collectively. Having faith in the unseen but felt Love/Light is what our Spirit knows as Truth. This is the Truth. The spoken Word is and will always be Truth.

In short...
though....to answer your question with just a few sentences.....

Finding Truth within is simple. This is why we are to seek....when you seek you can SENSE (feel, faith).

You either love or you fear.

This is the.......... I AM!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM......... FEAR? (negative energy, darkness)
I AM......... LOVE? (positive energy, light)

This is ALL there is........

Which one are you?

According to which you represent..... is what YOU ARE.

If you do not want the spirit to hover in darkness then let go of the attributes of Fear.

LOVE in all you do and say. This is what we are for. When you begin to live by this Truth....you will become it. God wants us all to perfect in LOVE......you cannot do that if you have attributes of fear.

Peace and love to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes [shall be] they of his own household.
You didn't mention anything about the above verse.

The sword is truth my friend. The truth is Man's heart. On the outside man can be anything he wants, but adversity brings out his true heart. When that inner heart is exposed to the outer world it is easily wounded. Around this vulnerable spot we build a castle, our persona. The rock is hewn from our judgements of the world that hurt us, and the mortar is the false idols of beliefs. The truth is no one knows. It appears we are experiencing this thing together, so why not make it as beautiful as we want it to be for all? Are there judgements in your eyes which have turned you against your own household? How close are YOU to your family? Can't you see the inability to forgive the injury to your heart has made you cold? Why? Because Christ, the love in your heart is still suffering. It is still nailed to a cross.

When you allow Christ (Love) to reign again in your heart, then you will see why Christ said "Father forgive them, they know not what they do".

We have all that we need for an abundant life yet we destroy it over the belief that we can explain the unexplainable.

None of this matters though my friend. If you hear it from me and listen, then I would be nothing but a seducer if you do not hear these truths from within. Follow the narrow road. Do you know why? Because it is your own.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I know I've come into this at a late stage but I wanted to address the OP questions.

As a christian myself for around 11 years I have also looked upon my fellow church members and wondered about whether they are actually receiving divine messages. As you stated, evey time they say they spoke with God it didn't happen or it was poorly thought out so how could it possibly be from God.
One question that has been on my mind of late is do they know the bible or scriptures or do they know God? For me I came to know God a long time before I found a religion. I still haven't read the bible but I know of many things that it contains, I see the bible as a tool for learning how to know God and how to fully understand right from wrong but knowing the bible and where everything is in it is not truly knowing God.
Concerning predictions that are spouted: I'm sure it says in the good book that any that try to predict events will bear no fruit for it. All the messages I receive I keep to myself, once they come to pass they are confirmed to me only, I don't seek glory from the word that God shares with me. I have had this happen on a few occassions but it is not my place to test God so I don't ask about such things. That would be like asking when the day for the end of times is - No man shall no the date or the time. You also need to remember that its not just God that you talk to sometimes. It was not God that tricked them but they fooled themselves. If God tells you something would it not be logical that if he wanted everyone to know that he would tell others also? Would he ask you to do something your not happy about? My God wouldn't, he/she cares and respects me the way I respect and care for him/her.
To really know if God is talking with you he will tell you things that can be confirmed, God will never ask you to do something that is wrong, God will always be the voice of reason that you hear, God is the voice that pulls you up in situations when they get out of control.
As far as your personal relationship I would have to ask "how did that come about?" Were you led by others in your search for God or did you take your own journey? It is up to you to find God for yourself, no one can really find God for you. Unfortunately this is happening a lot in mainstream religions and it all comes down to those who think they know and tell you what to think and feel about God and then there are those that give you a little push in the right direction and allow you to find God on your own. when you are told what to look for you are taking on the other persons understanding and geuss what, they could be totally wrong.
An example of prayer that was answered and confirmed for me recently is that our very newly planted church is currently building a new venue, they had a large amount of money but it was never going to be enough, I had spoken with God and asked for some help. A few days later I was visiting the church office and had opportunity to speak with the pastor about the plans as I was helping out in setting up the audio/visual and lighting aspects of the building. One conversation led to another and I ended up finding out that an anonymous donation was made which was then matched by a local bank that was to go towards the building. I had my confirmation, the money had come from out of the blue and was totally unexpected. I didn't need to run to the pastor a few days earlier and say "hey, God just told me that there's more money on the way". I trusted that what I was told would come to pass and then let it go and didn't worry about it at all. If it happened then awesome, if not then oh well time to move on.
In this day and age most churches are businesses and not spiritual centres for people that are lost and seeking answers to life. If you don't follow their dogma then you are not really a part of their group. This is unfortunate, Jesus didn't need to go to bible school to get a piece of paper to say he was worthy to preach to the people. He wasn't bogged down by someone elses ideas of what the bible means. He spoke from his heart and from the gift that was given and that in my opinion overides the bible - the knowledge of good and evil. That 's pretty much what the bible is about really. Yes there are more truths in there but the biggest message that comes from it is based on good and evil acts and doing the right thing. Damn, we're born into that knowledge.

I was also talking with my 13 yo daughter tonight as she has been having trouble with school and teachers, anyway the point here is that we got onto the God subject and I asked her "do you hear God talk to you?" she replied that she feels him more than anything but from that she can sense his communication. This isn't very unsimilar to how many people communicate with God. There is I believe a deeper connection that will not just allow you to feel it but also hear it as plain as day. When I first found God it was at first a feeling that become much, much stronger and then I could hear it like a million trumpets all creating the the same note, it was impossible not to hear it. Loud and clear is the best way to describe it, that's what you should be seeking for yourself.

The best advice I can give you is not to lose hope in God, have faith and seek him out by yourself and I guarantee that eventually you will find him and when you do truly find him you will never deny him again.

Peace
edit on 9-8-2011 by Rellix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
God's not speaking to you it's called schizophrenia.
Also, don't sacrifice your kids, it brings bad luck...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I used to have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe until I got old enough to know how to speak up, arrests were made, that sort of thing.

Somehow, I miss that guy.....

No, I've never had one at all. I've attempted prayer to help in a variety of situations and talked to myself in a hope that a supreme being would know and throw me a bone but years of nothing but bad and negativity thrown my way made me realise that there's just nothing there.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Signals

One of my kids told me that he saw my brother in heaven. My brother is deceased by the way. When I question further, I realize that he has a big imagination and is making things up.

I was in the vehicle with one of my other kids and he turned to me and said, "Dad, sometimes I don't think that any of this is real."

I said, "What do you mean?'

He said, "It just sometimes seems like this life and everything isn't real."

So, does that mean he is correct? It seems real enough to me anyways.

There are many references in ancient verse that tells us the Child has pure wisdom, insight, vision that is not covered up by the beliefs and concepts that come over us as we grow up--- The children may be closer to the Truth. I think your kid knows more than you think---and I think he is right about this world as seeming unreal. Many quantum scientists are now saying that the world is subjective, not objective, that we are experiencing One Self Awareness--- Its also becoming very clear that this world is just a world of images of light, of images or appearances 'brought to you by' Some Unseen Light or Presence or Intelligence (which I call God or Ineffable All)

Anyway, I think your kid was right about it all--

Gospel of Thomas Saying 4 (the less corrupted version of Jesus sayings)
Jesus said: The man aged in days will not hesitate to ask a little child of seven days about the place of life, and he shall live; for there are many first who shall be last, and they will become a single one.

I also wanted to add here that I loved all the responses to this post. I think Life, right here and now, this very Presence is the 'slowed' light of God's Awareness, and we are always connected, or part of That Which Is, because we are Here. Here-ness is God-ness and there is no other way for all these appearances of 'things' to exist but by way of Mind, Awareness, and That Mind is being 'our' sense of Identity.

What a great post, thanks for this one! I will be back to read more of these lovely, beautiful, inspiring posts.

Thanks, SweetMystery

edit on 11-9-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join