It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The following quote summarizes my feelings about the subject nicely:

The irony of religion is that because of its power to divert man to destructive courses, the world could actually come to an end. The plain fact is, religion must die for mankind to live. The hour is getting very late to be able to indulge in having in key decisions made by religious people. By irrationalists, by those who would steer the ship of state not by a compass, but by the equivalent of reading the entrails of a chicken. George Bush prayed a lot about Iraq, but he didn't learn a lot about it. Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. And those who preach faith, and enable and elevate it are intellectual slaveholders, keeping mankind in a bondage to fantasy and nonsense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction. Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don't have all the answers to think that they do. Most people would think it's wonderful when someone says, "I'm willing, Lord! I'll do whatever you want me to do!" Except that since there are no gods actually talking to us, that void is filled in by people with their own corruptions and limitations and agendas. And anyone who tells you they know, they just know what happens when you die, I promise you, you don't. How can I be so sure? Because I don't know, and you do not possess mental powers that I do not. The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble, and that's what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting # dead wrong. This is why rational people, anti-religionists, must end their timidity and come out of the closet and assert themselves. And those who consider themselves only moderately religious really need to look in the mirror and realize that the solace and comfort that religion brings you actually comes at a terrible price. If you belonged to a political party or a social club that was tied to as much bigotry, misogyny, homophobia, violence, and sheer ignorance as religion is, you'd resign in protest. To do otherwise is to be an enabler, a mafia wife, for the true devils of extremism that draw their legitimacy from the billions of their fellow travelers. If the world does come to an end here, or wherever, or if it limps into the future, decimated by the effects of religion-inspired nuclear terrorism, let's remember what the real problem was that we learned how to precipitate mass death before we got past the neurological disorder of wishing for it. That's it. Grow up or die.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
30 years from now religion will no longer be faith. It will be science fact. You see, in 30 years we will develop technology to speak with spirits of the dead.

My answer, our family and friends that have gone before us are our guardian angels. They collectively form a part of the universe that we call Beneficial God. One chief spirit among them is Apollonius of Tyana. Please look him up.

Now the Big God is the uncaring universe itself. You can be innocent or you can be evil, it doesn't matter. If you do something stupid or you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, Big God will take you.

ok buddy,,,,

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Good luck.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
30 years from now religion will no longer be faith. It will be science fact. You see, in 30 years we will develop technology to speak with spirits of the dead.

My answer, our family and friends that have gone before us are our guardian angels. They collectively form a part of the universe that we call Beneficial God. One chief spirit among them is Apollonius of Tyana. Please look him up.

Now the Big God is the uncaring universe itself. You can be innocent or you can be evil, it doesn't matter. If you do something stupid or you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, Big God will take you.

Personally, I believe a giant purple unicorn with yellow stripes farted and created everything, and because it's lazy, it floats on the souls of dead people instead of walking (it could walk though if it wanted to, it just doesn't want to)...

See, I can make up stuff too, and just like you, I have ZERO evidence to back up my claims

I have to admit, it's fun though...I might decide it was a giant turtle instead of a unicorn though if you give me a bit more time to "think".

edit on 5-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Also if your faith was this EASILY shaken ...... were you actually saved in the first place? There are consquences to sin believe it or not.
I don't think I was ever truly saved, as there is nothing to save me from. Now, when I was a believer, yes I believed I was saved. I accepted this free gift that Jesus gave me. I believed in him, loved him, wanted to live for him. I repented of my sins. I did this at about age 10. I didn't even masturbate until I was 23. I didn't curse, didn't go to parties, didn't smoke, didn't drink. I was the kid who brought their bible to high school. I believed I spoke in tongues, I believed I had the holy laughter. I gave god the glory for helping me live right. I loved this god, and lived for him. But in the end, I agree, I wasn't saved.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Good luck.
If you're talking to me, I appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

God doesnt hear unsaved prayers.

The first and foremost commandment is is Love the Lord your God.

You cant keep God's laws. Not only do you have Flesh to contend with , you have principalites to contend with that make the lust of the flesh a 100 fold what it would be.

All you can do IS TRY to follow the Laws. Once you realise , its impossible. The better , your only ticket is to heaven is through Jesus Christ.

What Faith / Denomination were you by the way..? Protestant / Catholic?

God clearly preaches against religion in the New Covenant. A personal relationship , isnt religion

Satan actually uses RELIGION as a weapon.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Also if your faith was this EASILY shaken ...... were you actually saved in the first place? There are consquences to sin believe it or not.
I don't think I was ever truly saved, as there is nothing to save me from. Now, when I was a believer, yes I believed I was saved. I accepted this free gift that Jesus gave me. I believed in him, loved him, wanted to live for him. I repented of my sins. I did this at about age 10. I didn't even masturbate until I was 23. I didn't curse, didn't go to parties, didn't smoke, didn't drink. I was the kid who brought their bible to high school. I believed I spoke in tongues, I believed I had the holy laughter. I gave god the glory for helping me live right. I loved this god, and lived for him. But in the end, I agree, I wasn't saved.

I think it's great you're man enough to re-evaluate your position based on logic. It's never easy to question your own opinion about something if it was sooooo ingrained in your life. So kudos, may your "awakening" give you a clear mind to see and appreciate the world through logic and rationality

You're not alone either, as science is able to explain more an more things, people realize that the old doctrines CAN'T be right given what we know today. And how could they? Those people back then didn't have 1% of the scientific knowledge we have today

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

You are soooooooo right! When I began my journey I started with the Council of Nicaea. I was shocked. Most Christians I run into have no idea what this Council was all about. Constantine burned so many texts its not even funny. It really saddens me that the control over the people was more important than Truth. 300 Versions of the Bible was supposedly burnt. What a shame!

Arius being in opposition claimed ......

For Arius with a solemn face would admit that Christ Jesus is very God and then add "because he was made such." This evasive causality might come upon the unwary ear as a high-sounding choice of words without malice. It did not deceive Athanasius who could catch in it the hidden contradiction: "Accord to Christ the title of God, if you will, so long as you remember he had to be created to become the Son and therefore did not share the Father's unbeginning eternity." The shiftiness, which would allow in one breath that Christ is truly God and insinuate in another that he is not quite God, was intended to suggest a discriminating mind of genuine insights. It suggested to Athanasius nothing better than a shameless quibbler.

So......in order for me to have a "relationship with the creator" I researched the First Council of Nicaea in the very beginning for to know the Bible....you must first know where it derived from.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Did you ever consider that God used Constantine for this? You have KJV the primary bible ... instead of 300 versions? To sow even more confusion?

What Constantine thought was doing Evil ... God turned around and used it for good?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

God doesnt hear unsaved prayers.
Wow, how does anyone get saved then? I also suppose you are suggesting that everyone who was praying for my brother was not saved. And everyone who was praying for that 7 year old boy with brain stem cancer was not saved?

The New Covenant doesnt require you to do all those things you just did. The first and foremost commandment is is Love the Lord your God.
I did love the lord.

You cant keep God's laws. Not only do you have Flesh to contend with , you have principalites to contend with that make the lust of the flesh a 100 fold what it would be.
So, this god knows we have these things to contend with and expects us to pull through? It seems that he would understand the reasons why we do the things we do, because as you explained we have this flesh, and we have principalities to contend with. He would know that once we are removed from this flesh, we wouldn't have those problems anymore, yet we pay for what we do in this flesh. Not only that, we pay for eternity, though we live in this flesh for 80 years.

What Faith / Denomination were you by the way..? Protestant / Catholic?
It was called full gospel, protestant. I believed that the gifts of the spirit were for present day times as well. Of course, that's what I was raised to believe.

God clearly preaches against religion in the New Covenant. A personal relationship , isnt religion
Where does it talk about a personal relationship in the bible?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I think it's great you're man enough to re-evaluate your position based on logic. It's never easy to question your own opinion about something if it was sooooo ingrained in your life. So kudos, may your "awakening" give you a clear mind to see and appreciate the world through logic and rationality

You're not alone either, as science is able to explain more an more things, people realize that the old doctrines CAN'T be right given what we know today. And how could they? Those people back then didn't have 1% of the scientific knowledge we have today
You are right, it isn't easy at all. Though many christians here have tried to make it look like I just gave up easily. It has been very difficult. I DID NOT want to believe that this god did not exist. But, I finally had to do so. It makes much more sense to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Did you ever consider that God used Constantine for this? You have KJV the primary bible ... instead of 300 versions? To sow even more confusion?
Aren't there about 300 versions now? Some have verses missing, some have verses added, some have whole books removed. Look at protestant bibles, look at catholic bibles, look at the Ethiopian bible.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I too believe in thought manifestation into matter. Here is something I have always pondered in regards to this subject. Does every single thought then create? Are there dimensions for all of them ?
Its funny to think so.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by MrXYZ

You are right, it isn't easy at all. Though many christians here have tried to make it look like I just gave up easily. It has been very difficult. I DID NOT want to believe that this god did not exist. But, I finally had to do so. It makes much more sense to me.

Yeah, but like I said, you're not alone...there's quite a few people in a similar situation on these boards. I'm one of the more outspoken anti-religion posters, and yes, I joke and mock once in a while (mostly if someone posts nonsense like that the world is only 6k years old), but I will always give credit to people who "wake up to reality", as I know it isn't easy after being indoctrinated for so many years.

Just be yourself and enjoy doing proper research. The world's a great place, and there's no need to make stuff up or following stuff others made up. Not knowing doesn't have to be scary.

Also...23yrs no masturbation? I would have gone berserk...that's even more impressive than you "waking up"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
While looking somethings up , the Good Lord showed me something.

(19) Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

..... im an idiot , im going to be a Garbage man in heaven lol. Even though i do believe its impossible to keep the Commandments and the Law .... you still Try to keep them because you love God and want to please him through Righteousness.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking" (Matthew 6:7)

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. (Isaiah 42:8)

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’[a]

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”

9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’[c] and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[d] 11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

This is clearly Religion ....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified:
“What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?
7 You made them a little[a] lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor
8 and put everything under their feet.”[c]

In putting everything under them,[d] God left nothing that is not subject to them.[e] Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them.[f] 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.[g] 12 He says,

“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;
in the assembly I will sing your praises.”[h]

13 And again,

“I will put my trust in him.”

And again he says,

“Here am I, and the children God has given me.”[j]

Sounds like a Personal relationship to me .... do you not hold a Personal Relationship with your Child???

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

..... im an idiot , im going to be a Garbage man in heaven lol.
It could be worse. You could be a garbage man in hell.

Sounds like a Personal relationship to me .... do you not hold a Personal Relationship with your Child???
Yes I do. I can see, speak with, hear, touch, feel, and smell my child. A dog can have a relationship with my child. My child is real, well at least what I consider to be real.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Then there would be 600 Versions now??

When i said God doesnt HEAR unsaved prayers ... if you have read the Bible ... he sees and hears everything , however he doesnt answer unsaved prayers. I cant say if you were saved or not i dont know.

Isa 59:1-2 Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. (KJV)

James 4:2-3 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. (KJV)

Prov 1:22-33 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. (KJV)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by martiendejong

Originally posted by Violetshy
If God isn't real..I'll still talk to him. I'm crazy like that! It gives me comfort, and harms no one. I have a lot of coincidences that has happened in my life. For example, I was supposed to be in Joplin, Missouri the day of the massive tornado. My husband's store was completely destroyed, but for some reason we got a bad feeling and left town the week before. Absolutely not the first time something like that has happened to me.

So God must really HATE all those people that he didn't warn, right?

Nope, My time just wasn't here yet. I'll die too like those that passed before me. That day just wasn't my time. Lots of people die in horrible circumstances, but because I'm a believer in God. I must explain the mysteries to everyone. I don't have those answers. If I wanted them bad enough, I bet I could ask God to give me the answers, but its not top on my priority list.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

What Constantine thought was doing Evil ... God turned around and used it for good?

Have you researched the Council yourself?

I find it hard to believe that God allows or does not allow. I DO however think that WE spirits come here in this realm of time on our own doing and have a plan that is in accordance with the Divine plan. We have many roads we can take to end up where we need to be. SO.....to answer your question YES......I do think everything happens as it should or we are told to come on back.....our time here is not yet complete.

I cannot put ALL my faith into the Bible because I know the hands and minds that created it. Jesus was one cool dude and talked about a lot that did not make it to the final cut. I do not like that. I shouldn't have to search out every single day for something he said that was not included. In saying that....what rings true to me in the Bible...i take. What doesn't ring true to my spirit in the Bible...I leave. I believe Jesus wanted us to seek him in every way in every literature for Truth. He knew there would be words added and taken away. I see Truth in Physics, Psychics, NDE, OBE, Universe, Light, Energy, Atoms, Matter....EVERYWHERE. His message was distorted and contradicting in the Bible and we see it..we feel it...so we are forced to think outside the box in anything and everything for truth. Its the plan.

Thoughts manifest....we too are creators as we were MADE in his image of energy...we move....we change....we transform. We are limited in knowledge because of our limited senses. We are emotional beings and we must feel the spirit speak to us because this experience although seems real may in fact be all in the mind that transforms back to ONLY spirit when over. This life ends quickly even if you live to be in the 100's. Time is an illusion and so is this vessel we call a body.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join