It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by martiendejong

Originally posted by Violetshy
If God isn't real..I'll still talk to him. I'm crazy like that! It gives me comfort, and harms no one. I have a lot of coincidences that has happened in my life. For example, I was supposed to be in Joplin, Missouri the day of the massive tornado. My husband's store was completely destroyed, but for some reason we got a bad feeling and left town the week before. Absolutely not the first time something like that has happened to me.

So God must really HATE all those people that he didn't warn, right?

naw, they just didn't hear him.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

There is a really good film out at the moment its called The Ledge. You can check it here The Ledge

The storyline is basically man meets women married to husband whom has staunch religious views, man and husband debate religion, man whom is atheist wins debate and women, then husband uses violence to win religious argument saying he cleansed sanctified and justified. Funny how religion can be changed to fit in to certain agendas, now where have I heard that before.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Although Adam and Eve had no concept of good and evil, they obviously did know about disobedience, since Eve told the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'"
I don't see that. What I see is two people had no concept of good and evil, therefore did not know that disobedience was wrong. If you have no concept of right and wrong, it's just that, you have no concept of it. All they knew is that this god told them not to eat from it because they would die the same day that ate of it, which did not happen. Unless you think it is a spiritual death, which is what many believers fall back on. And if it is a spiritual death, that means that Adam and Eve were created mortal, because they died physically as well.

8.Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned-- (Romans 5:12)
So here it seems as if it is talking about a physical death, not spiritual. So, if it wasn't a spiritual death god was talking about, then he was wrong. They didn't die the day they ate that fruit, it was hundreds of years later according to the bible.

The Bible says that God has created people to be upright, but they have chosen to do evil.
Adam and Eve didn't know good and evil. Is that their fault? They didn't create themselves.

Why would he punish those that would love him and choose him for those that would not!?
Why would he create people knowing he would have to punish the majority of them forever in fire, which makes no sense. Because it was worth it to have the few left over to live with him? So, destroying most people in fire is worth having a few living with him? Damn.

We all have the will to follow him or not! Its that simple.... God is a just God and a jealous God. He created you. He gave you life , does he not have the right to desire you not to worship any other God when he did all the work and loves you?? I would be jealous too..
Being an eternal being, much much much more superior to us, you'd think he'd be able to overcome an emotion such as jealousy. How......human.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Reading back through all of your posts in this thread Hydroman, I get two impressions from your comments ;

1. If you have read the Holy Bible, you haven't understood any of it.

2. You come across as a kid who didn't get their own way, and are angry about it, so you blame someone else (in this case GOD) for your bitterness.

You demand that GOD give you a sign and then you will believe ? Isn't that what the pharisees demanded as well ? Look what Jesus said about them !!

Confess your sins, repent, trust in the death, burial and resurrection, and you WILL find ALL of your answers.

There is only one way, one truth and one life - JESUS CHRIST !

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I stand by my assertions. Eternal life (ie. reincarnation) is the deplorable element that has to be done in. It cheapens life. It makes the slaughter of people laughable. They only come back, more tunnel-visioned and more parochially inclined. It is discovered that eternal life is not an elective, as implied in scriptures, but is forced. I don't approve. I found my way off the merry-go-round. Evil forces assail this body with painful sorceries daily. The Devil detests me more than it does anyone else. I think my successful and righteous egress triggered a monkey wrench in the larger wheels -- the infamous "machine". The systematic torture of this body by 'spirit' (in its haughtiness, this is the moniker which the Devil likes to go by) has been occurring for more than 10 years.

So, my faith is merely that the constraints of actual physics will pretty soon strike with the inevitable backlash (before 2013). It promises to be devastating to the very-apostate very-unsavory very-possessed human race. I mean, so what about the Essenes and all that arcane stuff !!?? Two thousand years later, mass murder by despots continues to be present in our world! So what in heaven's name was the purpose of the supposed first coming? Inquisitions, mass murders, sadism, tyranny, mind control and oppression went on... even increased. Conclusion: ALL of the supposed holy men of yore succumbed to the Devil's (for lack of better term) enticements, and each became part-and-parcel of said Devil's scheme of endless torture of us ape-men and of other species and of the greater world.

I really mustn't go on prattling. It serves precious little purpose. Mortal homo sapiens' rationales are no match for the true-and-actual wiles of The Creation. I cited the Theory of relativity as an apt example of this. I quit. I just gotta quit posting, dammit!

[Edit: With my Sun conjunct the midheaven, and other astounding astrological aspects, I was born for this role. See placido.u21.0web-hosting.com...]

edit on 5-8-2011 by aerie60 because: added something at the end

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1king2rulethemall
Reading back through all of your posts in this thread Hydroman, I get two impressions from your comments ;

1. If you have read the Holy Bible, you haven't understood any of it.
Very possible. Though, I wonder how many people truly do understand it? The reason why there are so many religions today is because people interpret it many different ways and come up with different beliefs. The way you understand things from it will be different from what another believer understands from it. Happens all the time.

2. You come across as a kid who didn't get their own way, and are angry about it, so you blame someone else (in this case GOD) for your bitterness.
That's fine if you feel that way. But for me, it was much more than that. Yes, it is true I did not get what I wanted, though Matthew 18:19 shows that you will get what you want if two come together in agreement on it. I just wanted this god to keep his word, that's all. But again, there is much more to it than that. Sorry you can't see that. Looking back now, it makes more sense that no one is listening to these prayers.

You demand that GOD give you a sign and then you will believe ? Isn't that what the pharisees demanded as well ? Look what Jesus said about them !!
Yes I do. That's fine. I just wanted to really know this god, not pretend that my thoughts in my head were him talking to me. What's wrong with wanting to actually look upon this god and truly know him, like I do with friends and family here on earth? That's what I wanted. If he is there, that's what I want now, not a fake personal relationship.

Confess your sins, repent, trust in the death, burial and resurrection, and you WILL find ALL of your answers.
Did that from my heart many times in the past. I don't have the answers.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerie60
reply to post by dilly1

I stand by my assertions. Eternal life (ie. reincarnation) is the deplorable element that has to be done in. It cheapens life. It makes the slaughter of people laughable. They only come back, more tunnel-visioned and more parochially inclined. It is discovered that eternal life is not an elective, as implied in scriptures, but is forced. I don't approve. I found my way off the merry-go-round. Evil forces assail this body with painful sorceries daily. The Devil detests me more than it does anyone else. I think my successful and righteous egress triggered a monkey wrench in the larger wheels -- the infamous "machine". The systematic torture of this body by 'spirit' (in its haughtiness, this is the moniker which the Devil likes to go by) has been occurring for more than 10 years.

So, my faith is merely that the constraints of actual physics will pretty soon strike with the inevitable backlash (before 2013). It promises to be devastating to the very-apostate very-unsavory very-possessed human race. I mean, so what about the Essenes and all that arcane stuff !!?? Two thousand years later, mass murder by despots continues to be present in our world! So what in heaven's name was the purpose of the supposed first coming? Inquisitions, mass murders, sadism, tyranny, mind control and oppression went on... even increased. Conclusion: ALL of the supposed holy men of yore succumbed to the Devil's (for lack of better term) enticements, and each became part-and-parcel of said Devil's scheme of endless torture of us ape-men and of other species and of the greater world.

I really mustn't go on prattling. It serves precious little purpose. Mortal homo sapiens' rationales are no match for the true-and-actual wiles of The Creation. I cited the Theory of relativity as an apt example of this. I quit. I just gotta quit posting, dammit!

uh,,,what? dude take a Zannex,sleep for two days and then respond to my post.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The problem with this thread is that you are expecting people to share probably subtle and maybe sometimes intimate situations people have that are caused by thousands of different thoughts that only the thinker can really interpret. A coincidence isn't in the vocabulary for someone who believes they are supposed to look for God. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Aparantly , you have already Rejected the Notion of Jesus Christ. I have given you answers from the Bible time and again .... good luck with your Eternity. If you do not believe the Bible , you might as well not believe in Christ.

Your holding on to one specific Verse. God doesnt not bend to your Will. When you lay hands on some one , it sets them apart. God tells you he will do it ... because he will. You allow him intercession through prayer. When you lay handds on him , you set him apart for intercession. However, that does NOT mean God will change his plan , your forgeting God's plan takes priority over your plan. Without prayer , its very unlikely God will intercede on your behalf, however when you do , it simply gives him an oppurtunity to interced. You are putting your self ABOVE God.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by dilly1

are you a jesuit?

just asking.

No I am not jesuit. I am a man that has read hundreds of history,philosophy and science books. Nothing more. I have a knack to smell bullshet. And once you read so much and apply logic to what you know you are literally awakened to realize what is real and what is not. Doesn't mean I have all the answers. I just know faith is evil. Faith in anything is evil. Faith in science is evil. Its not really the bible or some theory on ET or whatever. Its the actual person who has no proof what so ever that becomes dangerous and a nuisance to his/her surroundings.

Never ever allow faith into your world. If you don't understand something ,don't worry its ok ,its not the end of the world. Educate yourself as much as possible ,on everything, and apply simple logic.

I know this thread is about creationism, but I ask why think of daunting things. Why. So because our knowledge or logic cannot answer these daunting things or questions we inject faith(with a storyline taken from many previous other storylines passed down from ancient civilization). Because of my approach, I know why the bible was written. I know how the story came to be. I know what happened around jerusalem before and after those great events. Why do I know these things?. Because I read and read everything and then apply logic. The logical part is very important. Logic is the enemy of a faith. It reduces faith's status down to hope. Cause you can have hope but once hope grows into faith you are completely possessed.

I am not here to offend anyone but I do hope people start copying me on this. It really is uplifting. Before I had so much weight on my shoulders. Know I'm normal. Relaxed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hydroman,

1. You said - The reason why there are so many religions today is because people interpret it many different ways and come up with different beliefs. The way you understand things from it will be different from what another believer understands from it. Happens all the time.

The reason why there are so many religions today is because people CHANGE the Holy Bible to suit themselves. Yes there can be minor disagreements on very fine particulars of the Scriptures, but the central truth remains constant - Jesus is Lord and Saviour.

2. You said - Looking back now, it makes more sense that no one is listening to these prayers.

GOD hears ALL prayers.

REVELATION 8:1 Now when the Lamb opened the seventh seal there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 8:2 Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. 8:3 Another angel holding a golden censer came and was stationed at the altar. A large amount of incense was given to him to offer up, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar that is before the throne. 8:4 The smoke coming from the incense, along with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand.

3. You said - Yes I do. That's fine. I just wanted to really know this god, not pretend that my thoughts in my head were him talking to me. What's wrong with wanting to actually look upon this god and truly know him, like I do with friends and family here on earth? That's what I wanted. If he is there, that's what I want now, not a fake personal relationship.

The whole earth will see Jesus when he returns to rule for 1000 years. Until then we must live by faith. Just because we can't see or feel something doesn't mean that it is not there. We can't see specific gravity, but we know that it is there. ( we can feel it's effects - as we can with GOD if we try ).
We cant see the sun directly on a cloudy day. Does that mean that the sun is not there or even real ?
We can't see what is on the very bottom of the deepest ocean. Does that men that it doesn't exist ?
We can't see love, or hate, or hunger, or courage. ( We can see there effects - as we can with GOD if we try ).

It IS BY FAITH that we are saved, not touch, nor smell, nor taste, nor sight, nor emotion. All these things WILL be included when we reach heaven.

edit on 5-8-2011 by 1king2rulethemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Your holding on to one specific Verse. God doesnt not bend to your Will. When you lay hands on some one , it sets them apart. God tells you he will do it ... because he will. You allow him intercession through prayer. When you lay handds on him , you set him apart for intercession. However, that does NOT mean God will change his plan , your forgeting God's plan takes priority over your plan. Without prayer , its very unlikely God will intercede on your behalf, however when you do , it simply gives him an oppurtunity to interced. You are putting your self ABOVE God.
So what if it's ONE verse? It is a statement by this god himself, that he will do this. You are adding to that verse. It doesn't say anything about god's plan or anything. It simply says that will do it! It's not that hard to understand, is it? I wasn't putting myself above god at all. I was simply praying and doing as it states in Matthew 18:19 to do. That's all. And nothing happened as it states in Matthew 18:19 that should happen. Again, there are no stipulations in that verse. You are adding to it by saying there is stipulations. It doesn't say anything about god's plan in that verse.

What are you talking about, setting him apart for intercession? Is that what it says in Matthew 18:19? I don't see that any where.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
I know you say that god doesn't always say "yes". Read Matthew 18:19 again please. Tell me where it says that he will not do what we ask if two or more are in agreement on something. There are NO stipulations in that verse. It is plain as day. He will do what you ask, but not really.

In fairness to the scripture I have to say that the verse in question is not dealing with prayer. But for the sake of argument, I can see where you are coming from. This might sound strange but maybe you were the only one with real faith that day, maybe the others who were praying were not as strong as you think. There are alot of people who believe in God but their faith is tiny. I'm not saying you should start blaming family members or anything, and I'm not making excuses for God not getting the job done, it's just a thought.

In either case, nice job with this thread, you've really got people thinking. Until we meet again

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The reason why there are so many religions today is because people CHANGE the Holy Bible to suit themselves. Yes there can be minor disagreements on very fine particulars of the Scriptures, but the central truth remains constant - Jesus is Lord and Saviour.
That's the way you look at it. Instead of saying "change the holy bible," I say they "interpret the holy bible differently."

GOD hears ALL prayers.
Cool.

The whole earth will see Jesus when he returns to rule for 1000 years. Until then we must live by faith. Just because we can't see or feel something doesn't mean that it is not there. We can't see specific gravity, but we know that it is there. ( we can feel it's effects - as we can with GOD if we try ).
Any religious belief can claim to feel their god. Does that make all gods true? No sir. I don't want feelings. I want reality.

It IS BY FAITH that we are saved, not touch, nor smell, nor taste, nor sight, nor emotion. All these things WILL be included when we reach heaven.
I will not be saved then. Simple as that. Faith is no good, imo. A simple reason for that is that many people have faith that their beliefs are real, but as you know, they can't all be correct. Faith doesn't make it true.

edit on 5-8-2011 by 1king2rulethemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Have you not read anything i have posted? You are very Bitter against God , and you know that he is real , but
you refuse to worship him because you think its punishing him. You are only hurting yourself.

Romans 5:3-4 says:

...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

“This verse is not a guarantee that we can get anything we want simply by asking Jesus and believing. God does not grant requests that would hurt us or others or that would violate his own nature or will. Jesus' statement is not a blank check. To be fulfilled, our requests must be in harmony with God's kingdom. The stronger our belief, the more likely our prayers will be in line with God's will and then God will be happy to grant them.”

I have more verses than your one. Obviously ... you have weak faith.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

In fairness to the scripture I have to say that the verse in question is not dealing with prayer.
It is the same. Asking god for something in agreement is a type of praying, well imo. I could be wrong. What would you call it if it isn't prayer?

But for the sake of argument, I can see where you are coming from.

That's good.

This might sound strange but maybe you were the only one with real faith that day, maybe the others who were praying were not as strong as you think. There are alot of people who believe in God but their faith is tiny. I'm not saying you should start blaming family members or anything, and I'm not making excuses for God not getting the job done, it's just a thought.
That day, when they unplugged the life support machine, everyone began praying more fervently. They said, "Anyone who has no faith, please leave the room." That's when I realized that my faith was failing. I left the room, so did one other person. The rest were the ones who had faith. Didn't matter. But there were many more who weren't there who were praying. Out of all these people, none had faith? I suppose this could be correct. In that case, I would never worry about praying for anyone or asking for prayer as people more than likely aren't going to have enough faith to get the job done, lol. It's amazing that this god says you have to have faith, just so he'll answer your prayers. I wonder if he has a device that measures people's faith output. It's like he's up there with this device, and people are praying for a healing. He's like, "It's almost there, come on guys, keep praying, you've almost reached the limit I need in order to heal that guy! Come on, you can do it........ahhhhh man, you didn't make it. Oh well."

In either case, nice job with this thread, you've really got people thinking. Until we meet again
I like to make people think, but I also like people to make me think.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
30 years from now religion will no longer be faith. It will be science fact. You see, in 30 years we will develop technology to speak with spirits of the dead.

My answer, our family and friends that have gone before us are our guardian angels. They collectively form a part of the universe that we call Beneficial God. One chief spirit among them is Apollonius of Tyana. Please look him up.

Now the Big God is the uncaring universe itself. You can be innocent or you can be evil, it doesn't matter. If you do something stupid or you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, Big God will take you.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You do realise sin also plays a role in your prayers being answered?

1. King Saul prayed for guidance but God did not answer him.
Saul had pronounced a curse on any of his army who ate
before evening. Jonathan, unaware of the curse, had eaten.
The lesson for us is we should be very careful about making
vows. 1 Samuel 14:37
2. King Saul prayed for help and guidance. Saul had removed
so far from God that He no longer answered Saul's prayers.
Saul then sought an answer through a medium, this was a
clear sin on his part. 1 Samuel 28:6,7.
3. David prayed for the life of his son. The son died because of
David's sin with Bathsheba. 2 Samuel 12:13-23. Lesson for
us - sin has its consequences.
4. Elijah prayed that he might die. God had much more work for
Elijah to do so it was not in God's will for Elijah to die at that
time. In the end Elijah didn't die but was caught up into
heaven by a whirlwind. 1 Kings 19:4; 2 Kings 2:11.
5. Jonah prayed that God would take his life as it was better to
die than to live. God does not answer this type of prayer for
there is a time to die and we must wait for God's timing not
ours. Also, Jonah had yet to accomplish the work God sent
him to do. Jonah 4:3.
6. King Zedekiah prayed for help in defeating Nebuchadnezzar.
God's answered that He would not help because of the many
sins of Israel. Jeremiah 21:2.
7. The disciples James and John with their mother requested
the highest rank in the kingdom Jesus was to establish.
Jesus' answer was that this position was not His to give. But,
they first were to be servants of one another before
greatness would be given them. Mark 10:34-45.
8. Jesus prayed, "May this cup be taken from me." He also
prayed, "Your will be done." It was the Father's will that
Jesus drink the cup of suffering for the sins of the world.
Matthew 26:36-46; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 2:9; 12:2,3;
13:12,13.
9. Paul prayed that his "thorn in the flesh" be removed. Paul's
thorn was not removed, so that Christ would be glorified, not
himself, and to keep him from becoming proud. 2
Corinthians 12:7-10.

1. Ask amiss. Jas 4:3.
2. Regard iniquity in the heart. Ps 66:18.
3. Live in sin. Isa 59:2; Joh 9:31.
4. Offer unworthy service to God. Mal 1:7-9.
5. Forsake God. Jer 14:10,12.
6. Reject the call of God. Pr 1:24,25,28.
7. Hear not the law. Pr 28:9; Zec 7:11-13.
8. Are deaf to the cry of the poor. Pr 21:13.
9. Are blood shedders. Isa 1:15; 59:3.
10. Are idolaters. Jer 11:11-14; Eze 8:15-18.
11. Are wavering. Jas 1:6,7.
12. Are hypocrites. Job 27:8,9.
13. Are proud. Job 35:12,13.
14. Are self-righteous. Lu 18:11,12,14.
15. Are the enemies of saints. Ps 18:40,41.
16. Cruelly oppress saints. Mic. 3.2-4
17. Moses wants to go into the promise land. Deut. 3.23-29

Also if your faith was this EASILY shaken ...... were you actually saved in the first place? There are consquences to sin believe it or not.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Have you not read any of my posts? i suggest you should.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Have you not read anything i have posted?
Yes, I have.

You are very Bitter against God
Yes, I was.....

, and you know that he is real , but
you refuse to worship him because you think its punishing him. You are only hurting yourself.
I can see where you would think that, and it is fine. I decided a few years ago that I wasn't going to believe in something because I was raised that way. I need a good reason to believe it. I don't have one. I don't believe that gods exist. I refuse to worship any gods because I don't think that there are any to worship.

“This verse is not a guarantee that we can get anything we want simply by asking Jesus and believing.
Yes it is. Did you read it?

God does not grant requests that would hurt us or others or that would violate his own nature or will.
Do you remember when Elisha requested that those 42 young men be eaten by bears, and god did it? Do you remember when Samson requested that god give him strength so that he could kill everyone in that building? It seems that he does grant things that will hurt people. But I suppose it was his will to do so.

I have more verses than your one.

I have more. John 16:24 "Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."
Matthew 21:22 "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things..."
John 14:4 ""If you ask anything in my name, I will do it."
John 16:23 ""...whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you."
1 John 5: 14-15 "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him."
John 14:13 "Jn 14:13 "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Obviously ... you have weak faith.
Wrong. I have no faith.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join