It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
and dont worry - I have had plenty of times I can honestly say I wanted to 'hear a word' and heard nothing

but I did learn to grow up and part of that is accepting responsibility fo rthe relationship

If my wife says something to me and I ignore her, should I get upset if she does the same to me?

I cant count how many times I have ignored the Father, and if I can, so can you and every other human on this planet buddy

I would encourage you to have another crack at it 'bro - let me know if I can be of any service in your endeavour

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
That's kind of ironic don't you think? Balkan (in the movie) believed himself to be one with the Devil, and declared himself to be God....right before he....

I have a thing for Satanic cult movies (The Devil's Rain, Rosemary's Baby..etc). Don't read too much into it.

OT: Do I have a non-personal relationship with the 'creator'? Perhaps.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
In my own "christian walk" of 20 years or so, I believed that I had a personal relationship with the creator of the universe. As a non-believer now, I can see that I was wrong. I can see that in my strong belief, that when I prayed I truly felt that there was a god up there listening to me who cared for me and loved me. Just thinking about that is enough to bring about special emotions. Just believing that there is somebody out there watching over you and guiding you is powerful. Yet, was it all in my head, a type of self delusion?

I have personal relationships with friends and family. I have direct communication with them. I can see their physical representation of themselves, and I can hear them audibly. At no time in my conversations with them do I ever get my voice confused with their voice. It is quite clear who is speaking and when.

In my experience, this is not the case when dealing with a relationship with a supernatural being. I have seen people who were christians of many years say that god told them something, such as an event that would occur on a specific date, only for that day to pass and nothing happened. Did this god trick them, or did the thought come from their own mind? If it came from their own mind, how do they not know the difference between their thoughts and the difference between the voice of the creator of the universe? It should be quite clear, shouldn't it? Knowing that this happens, and I've seen it happen many, many times, how can you trust anyone who says that a god told them something?

Is it really a personal relationship if you really don't have true back and forth communication with someone?

My friend, I have a very personal relationship with the father who art in heaven. How do I distinguish his voice from my own? I listen to you.

Just as I am within the father and the father within me, so to is he within you. The way I prove God exists to others, I answer their prayers out of love for them.

Are you your Brothers keeper?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

One of my kids told me that he saw my brother in heaven. My brother is deceased by the way. When I question further, I realize that he has a big imagination and is making things up.

I was in the vehicle with one of my other kids and he turned to me and said, "Dad, sometimes I don't think that any of this is real."

I said, "What do you mean?'

He said, "It just sometimes seems like this life and everything isn't real."

So, does that mean he is correct? It seems real enough to me anyways.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
Sorry, no. I don't hear voices, I don't have an imaginary friend I talk to, I don't believe in magic, blah blah blah...these stupid threads are getting so old...go find a religious site and have at it...quit cluttering up the new topics feed with nonsense.
Sorry, I was asked in another thread to start a new thread, so I did.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as a jerk..but here lately it seems like every other thread on this site has something to do with Christianity..which is one of the biggest conspiracies in history, but none of see threads are about the conspiracy of Christianity, or any modern religion for that matter.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to vent at you. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I was in the vehicle with one of my other kids and he turned to me and said, "Dad, sometimes I don't think that any of this is real."

I love that kid! Good job, dad!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

My friend, I have a very personal relationship with the father who art in heaven. How do I distinguish his voice from my own? I listen to you.

Just as I am within the father and the father within me, so to is he within you. The way I prove God exists to others, I answer their prayers out of love for them.

With Love,

Your Brother

-thats pretty deep 'bro, and profound
Ya'shuah would be proud of you

link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

Dear the_Ovserver85,

You left out your dog, your cat, your horse. Maybe you didn't like the answer that it would give.

link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Perhaps God did give her peace to be able to cope with her daughter. Your mother-in-law might of just assume that peace meant her daughter was going to change.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

I love that kid! Good job, dad!
Well, after he said that, I smacked him on the face and said, "Was that real?"

Just kidding.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Dear IAMIAM,

You always have such wonderful answers.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57

Perhaps God did give her peace to be able to cope with her daughter. Your mother-in-law might of just assume that peace meant her daughter was going to change.
Hmmmm. I don't see why she couldn't understand what it was all about, if she has a personal relationship with the father. The reason why we don't tell her the truth is because we know she CAN'T cope with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as a jerk..but here lately it seems like every other thread on this site has something to do with Christianity..which is one of the biggest conspiracies in history, but none of see threads are about the conspiracy of Christianity, or any modern religion for that matter.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to vent at you. Sorry.
No problem man.

*takes Stovokor off the list of people he plans to assassinate.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

With Love,

Your Brother
This makes absolutely no sense to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Shhhhhhhh.

For me, hearing 'personal relationship' in religion implies a very informal sort of worship. I think it ultimately comes down to a desire to make a deity appear friendly and approachable, rather than something which reflects an actual condition or state. I think it also is something which addresses this notion that a deity could be spoken to in purely human terms, without the need for complex rituals, temples, sacred liturgies, intermediary priests, and even theological or spiritual education. The term is like make-up; and it is a cosmetic presentation of a face a god.

It is also something which a lot of Protestant sects use almost rebelliously for the sake of distancing themselves from 'religion' in general, and Catholicism in particular. Whether or not this is a conspiracy, I cannot say; but I think the phrase is used by them because of the psychological cues it makes towards their basic theology.

Having said all that, I of course don't consider the actions of religion -- like prayer or sacrifice -- to be anything like the sort of relationships we have with other people; and to use terms which imply that they are, is simply a way to access confusion. However, the phrase 'sacred quid pro quo relationship' would be far more suitable, regardless of what sort of deity worshiping religion we are referencing.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I am feeling the same way and happy to see that I am not alone to feel that way. I feel lucky and chosen in a certain way to be able to hear and talk. But you need to be verry in peace with yourself and I could go on and on... :-)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Friend:

Thank you for the question. Yes I do. I just ask that each and every person on this earth, solar system, galaxy, and universe respect our relationship for what it is.

I will do the same of yours!

"There are a thousand paths to GOD."
-Thich Nhat Hanh

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

edit on 3-8-2011 by ChungTsuU because: grammer

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Sorry, no. I don't hear voices, I don't have an imaginary friend I talk to, I don't believe in magic, blah blah blah...these stupid threads are getting so old...go find a religious site and have at it...quit cluttering up the new topics feed with nonsense.
Sorry, I was asked in another thread to start a new thread, so I did.

Dear Hydroman,

I must correct your comment, you were not asked to start another thread. You asked how you should ask your questions on a thread that was about someone who was a believer that wondered why they had to go to church and I responded:

"Dear Hydroman,

You skipped the last part, this is not the proper thread, this thread is about why one should attend church. Why don't you start a thread saying what you do believe and than others why they believe in Christianity or any other religion? That is a good way to ask the question. Heck, if you did then I might actually discuss why I believe and what I believe; but, beware my questions as they will be to you."

It was not an instruction, it was an answer to your question. Why don't you tell us why you became a non-believer as someone has already asked?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
do that with santa claus and tell me if you feel the same. that should answer your question.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hydroman...Thank you for "this" STAGE...And all the drama that you gave...Thank you for your opinion,and for being "truthful",within your own beliefs.Beliefs,are just like butt holes...we all have our own.Say what you may,and believe what you want....But when YOU ARE DEAD,then you will get your answer.Other wise it's just a choice/opinion of what,where,who,and why you believe what you do.So....wait til you die,before you decide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join