It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Are you talking to me?

If so....why would I deny that?

link   
The universe was not created, OP is an imbecile.

link   
reply to post by Hydroman

There is nothing to think about. You aren't going to think you're way to the truth of the matter, i.e., existence.

When you pray, you are praying to yourself. Any relationship you have is only with yourself, be it friends, family or your belief in a "god."

There is no external god nor being that creates the universe. The universe simply exists and manifests itself from all that is. There is no separation, even though you have deluded yourself into thinking there is.

There is only one whole, of which we are all a part. Realize this and you will realize the true self, and true freedom.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I must have misunderstood you, apologies.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

I like your concept of God.

Its a mere wonder and one that is soooooo exciting to think about.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

But, many times I have seen where there were hundreds of people praying for a certain thing, such as a healing, and nothing happened. My brother was one. The 7 year old with brain stem cancer was another. The girl with diabetes who died as her parents sat by with faith in god to heal her is another out of many. This has happened many times.

I get it now. I didn't want to say it out of respect. But it appears to me that your just angry with God because he did not heal your brother. I've met alot of people like this. Being angry at God will not change anything, moreover, you can't let that be the reason to walk away from faith.

Here is an example. I have two girls, everyday they give me this funny look, I call it the pop sickle look. Now I know they want a pop sickle before they even ask, but I don't just give them one, I wait for them to ask, if they don't ask then they don't get one. Would you say I'm a mean father for not giving them one without asking?

Sometimes when they do ask I say "no", of course doing so leads to tears falling from their face. It makes me fell bad as well, nevertheless, I hold my ground and stick to the "no". But this doesn't stop them from asking again the next day, or the next day after that. Does this make me a bad father? Should my kids stop asking for a pop sickle just because I said "no" a few times?

The point is, God doesn't always say "yes" even when think he should. There are lessons to be learned, and while we may not agree with the lesson it is only being done to make us stronger.

Alot of people prayed for your brother that day, I would say he is in good hands even though he is not here. I think he would want to you to see him again. But that will only be possible if you believe it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I do and I have an intimate relationship with him, that has moved beyond mere faith to absolutely knowing him and he is marvelous!

You shouldn't have gave up so soon because if you had any idea of the ecstasy of the baptism of spirit you would be following him around like a little lost sheep too. In Isaiah it says "For your maker is your husband, the LORD Almighty is his name" (Isa 54:5) and it goes to the heart of that which you seek.

Creation begins at conception. Physical conception produces a child. Spiritual union/conception produces.....the Son - Jesus.

That is what makes him "the one."

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Seriously. Think of the children.
For God sake, think of the effing children.

As stated, there's been all too much reincarnating going on these past eons, empowering an unholy vicious cycle of allegiance to mysticism, despots, revenge and cruelty; resulting in untold miseries to people, to animal species and to the environs. Most of what you see as cuddly adorable children are actually old old souls with whom, if you knew their histories, you'd want to have nothing whatsoever to do.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sounds like you have matured like many converts before and many more to come.
I myself have seen the fallacy of religion and have grown away from it. I see religion as a stone age concept that has no true bearing on modern knowledge of the natural world, out dated and dangerous.
Our only hope is that it dies out and humanity can get on with discovering it's true nature.
Then again a sucker is born every second.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Like I said before ,all faiths are horrific. They are truly the only evil. Once you have faith you believe in the dark and the light, you believe in the devil or angles. It all comes from the construct of your imagination. Its all in your head buddy. And the only safety net you have is faith. The very same thing that restrains your appetite for enlightenment. The older you get the worse inside you will become. I pitty you and all people who believe in any god. You are handicapped.

Sorry but it's extremely difficult to speak truisms in language. I believe in the physics of the Creation, albeit somewhat flexible, per the constraints of Planck's Constant and such. I don't believe in a supreme being capable of interdiction.

If you want to pity me, that's your prerogative. This body does surely suffer greatly. But the (legal) name that I held and defended for many decades is cleared, vindicated, exonerated and absolved forever. That thingamabob is beyond reproach. That's the feature that allows me to "wash my hands" of the entire unsavory human experience, never to reincarnate, never to hate or want revenge, never to kowtow to images of demigods past or present. The Devil (again, for lack of better terms) wants to recall me to its stables. It tries to follow my glory into the light of day. That's what spells it's eventual downfall.

Again, language is sorrowfully inadequate. The End is truly nigh.

edit on 4-8-2011 by aerie60 because: for better clarity, changed phrase "any god" to "a supreme being"

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Furthermore, Christians need to study the historical life of Constantine because this man is the person who characterized Jesus. It was Constantine that created the mythical Jesus of the Bible that we all think is God. It was Constantine that hid the true Jesus from all of you.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
WOW! What a magnificent thread! I need time with this.

For me, there is the microcosm and the macrocosm and everything in between and we live in an infinite dimensional paradigm.
Thus, for me, the micro, Victor Hugo, ....Les Miserable"..."...to love another person is to see the face of God."

For the macro I put forth this... science is God and God is is science. They are One.

...and everything in between is personal....for us All as we are One with All. But, then that is personal to me...I want to stress that. We are in a free will zone. You have free will in an infinite universe.

OP...genius wish there were more than flags and stars.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I agree with the OP here, whether there is a creator in fact or not, our minds and egos are very powerful and influential. My personal belief is that there is something almost wired into our brains. A need to think that there is
a) an existence beyond this mortal life, and b) a overseer/creator that guides and protects us.

I think because life and existence in reality is frightening. We all do face a final end, and in truth the universe is vast, cold, unfair, and it's laws are unwavering. The only love and joy we can really find is that which we create ourselves. So of course we convince ourselves of life after death and a just creator. It's almost like a survival instinct our spices created for it's self to deal with reality. Especially when you consider what life was like for most of our history.

Furthermore our egos in this survival mind game hold such power that we truly each believe that the creator of this vast universe wants to talk to us. Really cares if we, " get that job", or " meet that man or woman of our dreams".

I don't want to come across bitter or depressed here. I do love and appreciate my existence, and if someone or something is responsible for it, I do truly thank them, but I do believe that one holds more strength in truth than blind faith.

In the end we all face our death alone, so we may as well spend our lives with each other, rather than with an imaginary friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Basically, this is a troll thread by hydroman.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I was originally raised as a Catholic. I was intensely religious until the age of 8 or 9. Then I began to question things. After that I got caught up in what I can only call alien abduction spirituality until the age of 12 or 13. Then I began to question things. Then I formulated my own brand of spirituality predicated purely upon empathy, compassion, and a concept of oneness with all living things. That persisted throughout most of my adulthood, but then I began to study (in a conceptualized, layperson's sense at least) quantum mechanics, as well as existentialism and other areas of the philosophy of the mind. So, naturally, I again began to question things.

Today, on the verge of turning 30 this December, I am an agnostic skeptic who can't assert with any certitude that he even exists as the "self" he seems to perceive, and suspecting very strongly (though without certainty) that reality as he "knows" it may be entirely illusory for all he "knows." I still choose to practice love and compassion for others because, evidently, my nature demands it of me and my consciousness, for whatever reason, perceives doing otherwise as intolerable to "me." But I'm not certain what those feelings are, if they're merely chemicals in my brain, if that choice on my part even ultimately matters, or whether any of that even exists in the traditionally conceived of sense. I am no longer certain that I even possess free will.

There are times when meditating on all of this that I do seem to feel a sense of greater consciousness, a larger part of my "self" that goes beyond merely my "self" and exists at one with more than I can truly comprehend or perceive. But that too I must question.

So ultimately my answer now is, as ever: "I don't know."

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
THE BIBLE , warns you about the very thing you are asking for , you will be decieved.

So be it. I only ask for this god to show me things as he did with people in the past. I mean, how did anyone begin to believe in him in the first place? Did he not show them things? Or did they just make it all up?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Demons / Fallen Angels can manafest enough to have sex with Women and touch them , why cant Satan do so when he is allowed?
So fallen angels and demons have reproductive organs? Can they reproduce with each other? If not, why do they have them?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StalkingGoogle
The universe was not created, OP is an imbecile.
Thank you for the kind words. I suppose you haven't read my posts? As an atheist, I don't believe that a being created this universe.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

I get it now. I didn't want to say it out of respect. But it appears to me that your just angry with God because he did not heal your brother. I've met alot of people like this. Being angry at God will not change anything, moreover, you can't let that be the reason to walk away from faith.
I was angry, yes! That's what got me searching. The circumstances surrounding the illness of my brother and his eventual death caused me to take a step back. If it wasn't for that, I may not have ever questioned anything. It was a catalyst to my deconversion. I wish it didn't have to be something that happened to me personally to cause me to think. I should have been thinking all along. I didn't convert right away. I still tried to live for this god, amidst trying to find answers. This was about a 10 year journey.

I'm not angry now. I understand that it is life, and things like that happen, everyday. It is nature.

I know you say that god doesn't always say "yes". Read Matthew 18:19 again please. Tell me where it says that he will not do what we ask if two or more are in agreement on something. There are NO stipulations in that verse. It is plain as day. He will do what you ask, but not really.

My brother's death was not what made me decide to quit following this god. It was many things together. If my brother had just died, without the other circumstances that happened, I may not have questioned anything. But other things happened while he was in the hospital that made me have to question things. I've already explained much of that in this thread. Again, it wasn't an instantaneous thing. It was many years of searching.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Basically, this is a troll thread by hydroman.
Did the holy spirit tell you that? If so, I can add that to a long list of things that the holy spirit told people which were not true. If it came from yourself, well, you're just a jerk.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join