It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Originally posted by Balkan

You are handicapped.

Or empowered!

So empowerment happens to the few(or how many) that believe and dedicate themselves unconditionally to the lord? Is that what you mean. And if your a non-believer something bad will happen to you? Is that what you mean?

No, I believe it's just the belief itself that empowers. I'm agnostic.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by Hydroman

Your works haven't been forgotten by God.
If this god is real, I don't care if he hasn't forgotten about my works. I don't care about rewards. I just want truth.

You will never find the truth if you don't care about the one who offers it. God is not human, He is Spirit, if you want to discover His truth then it has to be done in a spiritual form. There is no other way.

First , the "truth" isn't a "who",in fact any supreme being doesn't have a single human characteristic. If anything that is a total insult to this supposed supreme being. And you said it yourself, god isn't human. So why would you assume "it" will offer anything? Humans are the only species that offers anything. Did god teach us to be human? You really don't know, so you use faith as a safety net when people like myself or certain negative events confront the very fabric of your belief.

And I can tell from your reply that you haven't had a personal experience, otherwise you wouldn't be saying such things. Why are bringing negative energy to a positive thread?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Anyone who believes they have a personal relationship with God....is usually delusional.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
Anyone who believes they have a personal relationship with God....is usually delusional.

Well I am delusional as well

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

In my own "christian walk" of 20 years or so, I believed that I had a personal relationship with the creator of the universe. As a non-believer now, I can see that I was wrong. I can see that in my strong belief, that when I prayed I truly felt that there was a god up there listening to me who cared for me and loved me. Just thinking about that is enough to bring about special emotions. Just believing that there is somebody out there watching over you and guiding you is powerful. Yet, was it all in my head, a type of self delusion?

[color=gold]
No it wasnt all in your head but 1 can get mixed up with personal thoughts and data transmission... The difference is to ME, when I am thinking I am usually thinking about things in my personal reach of influence. These are general thoughts on a day to day bases. But when 1 is down or upset and feeling overwhelmed 1 will look up for guidance. Doesnt have to be a physical looking up but looking up spiritually away from all the clutter of everyday life here. When in these modes of thinking 1 sends out feeling, emotion/energy somewhat a cry. Then naturally 1 goes blank of thought or thinking about what was upsetting me. When this occures I am somewhat freed from all the upsetting or saddness at that time in which I seek support. And eventually a ITS GONNA BE OK OR KEEP GOING NO MATTER AND DONT GIVE UP FEELING OVERRIDES MY TOTAL FEELINGS AND EMOTIONAL OUTLOOKS. Some may say well that was just you thinking alone, but how so if 1 couldnt reach this point of stable mindedness thru the whole day or days UNTIL I BEGAN TO LOOK UP. UNDERSTANDING
the feelings are physical. It feels like when I am getting the ITS GONNA BE OK OR KEEP GOING NO MATTER AND DONT GIVE UP FEELINGS as if one is surrounded by a pure love filled warmth that does generate a sensational feeling from top to bottom, and it feels good like LOVE. When I feel this physical/mental/spiritual feeling it reinforces that 1 must not give up so 1 doesent and gets back into the life game. So again my friend its not just in your head its a body feeling as well....

I have personal relationships with friends and family. I have direct communication with them. I can see their physical representation of themselves, and I can hear them audibly. At no time in my conversations with them do I ever get my voice confused with their voice. It is quite clear who is speaking and when.

[color=gold]
Also you can see physical representation of the CREATOR. Lets see:
GIVES YOU A STAR TO KEEP YOU WARM AND OFFER ENERGY TO THOSE WHO FEEL IT. I think I read a few minutes in the sun gives off vitamine D
Gives you life water to drink and keep you hydrated.
Gives you a mind to manage your behavior/free will to design your own phases in the LIFE/DEATH PHASES OF EXISTANCE.. Whether you wish to be a positive density or negative density.
Those you hear around you are basically using what he gave them to communicate with you to make you feel at home on EARTH..
Will even send physical people and perhaps beings (ANGELS) to deliever messages to you if you are observed to be one of the stubborn children
to help guide you better back HOME.
So 1 feels there is evidence existing of the CREATORS ACTIONS just listen
my friend. A mind full of doubt is no doubt gonna bring forth nothing but more doubt..

In my experience, this is not the case when dealing with a relationship with a supernatural being. I have seen people who were christians of many years say that god told them something, such as an event that would occur on a specific date, only for that day to pass and nothing happened. Did this god trick them, or did the thought come from their own mind? If it came from their own mind, how do they not know the difference between their thoughts and the difference between the voice of the creator of the universe? It should be quite clear, shouldn't it? Knowing that this happens, and I've seen it happen many, many times, how can you trust anyone who says that a god told them something?

[color=gold]

Well 1 has learned that the CREATOR will NOT present data that evol can capitilise off of. You wont make money off the data you wont become RICH off info that is ment for all. SO if there is a event to come or to be known 1 feels the CREATOR WILL just let EVERYONE KNOW SOMEHOW. Yes, some may be passed the LIGHT first but thats because they may have interacting/communication skills to deliever the message to more and more -domino effect somewhat... Sorta like how its said none can communicate with GOD but his SON. I dont think its being mean its just many may missunderstand the communications due to not knowing the tounge, that the SON may genetically in 3d possess. Making the SON the VOICE OF THE CREATION IN REFERENCE.. If they LOVE and acknowledge he..

Is it really a personal relationship if you really don't have true back and forth communication with someone?

[COLOR=GOLD]
Well The communications are always open its just many are clouded with everyday issues thatthey cannot hear the communications sent.

Be well
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE

[/COLOR]

edit on 8/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Hydroman
You sound like a very well versed, intelligent person who took the time to llok at things and make your own descision based on facts. I used to be a christian, but am now an Athiest. It also took me many years to come to this, but it was mainly related to me being gay.

I just don't see how my love for another person will send me to hell. It wasn't just that, it just seemed like common sense to me that there is no god. (I don't mean to imply you believers don't have common sense, that's just how I came to it). It was very freeing for me once I said outloud "I don't believe in god".

Good for you, Hydroman, don't question yourself.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Indeed I do.

And if I die and the Creator doesn't exist, and I was wrong...oh well, no biggie.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee

Delusional can be interpreted a lot of different ways these days, wouldn't you agree? If your delusion works for you and you're happy and at peace with your life, what difference does it make? Be Batman.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I think you may be hearing and seeing what you want to see, in literal, not Cosmic, terms, to suit your own agenda. But that is your choice and I respect that.

In answer to your question - yes, I have a relationship with the Creator. And it's just that, a relationship, not a contract. Which means I have work to do as well. I have to give as well as take, trust, listen, respect, learn and keep trying even when it's difficult. Above all, I try not to think of it in immature, material terms, it's so much more than that.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Your truly didn't believe in God my friend. If you believe that you spoke to God, then you did. if you believe that you didn't, you didn't speak to God. God is an enigmatic abstract topic, that nobody truly knows about.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Creator of the universe? I thought superman was dead.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
Indeed I do.

And if I die and the Creator doesn't exist, and I was wrong...oh well, no biggie.
Unless Allah is god.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

I think you may be hearing and seeing what you want to see, in literal, not Cosmic, terms, to suit your own agenda. But that is your choice and I respect that.

What are you talking about, and what is my agenda?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
God is an enigmatic abstract topic, that nobody truly knows about.
So how can you talk about it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What creator? As far as I can tell it's just always been and probably always will be, no creator necessary.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm not God so I can't give an accurate answer to that.
How can you even talk about it since you don't know what it is? Because you've heard others talk about it?

I probably should have said "spiritual way" instead of form. The only way to speak to God is through prayer. But those prayers have to be from an honest heart. You can't fool God in your prayers, he knows what you want before you ask, all He wants you to do is ask.
So that he can say "no"?

“Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done.
22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” Matthew 21:21-23

I will also add Matthew 18:19 "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."

But, many times I have seen where there were hundreds of people praying for a certain thing, such as a healing, and nothing happened. My brother was one. The 7 year old with brain stem cancer was another. The girl with diabetes who died as her parents sat by with faith in god to heal her is another out of many. This has happened many times.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Star for this Mama~! I'm sorry about the person that lost it all and family, if you can call them that, sit on their hands and don't try to do something for them. But, I'm here to tell you, as they sow apathy, they will reap apathy.

Interesting to note, the one that ate the crumbs from the masters table was the one exalted, and the master was the to suffer.
Point being; those that do selfless act of love and mercy will get love and mercy in return.

If it was me Mama, I'd put you up till you got on your feet, simply because your worth more than the birds of the air; it's what humans do for each other.

(((((((((( HUGS)))))))))

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is part of the Deception my friend. You dont see Jesus / God like you use to because he has greated a new covenant and have already accomplished his works. His book "Bible" is our direction. That is the Ultimate test , you are rewarded in heaven for simply having faith , do you not think God knows its not easy to simply believe , but yet when you die , you still have faith , he rewards you for that.

When the Anti Christ comes , he is going to be very Tangible , Audic , and Miraculous , showing great signs and wonders. The population will simply put Jesus aside , and move on to someting they see and touch. We are warned of this , God wants people they truly desire him , if you dont want him , then he gives you a place without out his presence.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fizliz
He said to "watch out for false prophets they come to you in sheep's clothing" I can't imagine how just simply false prophets can so deter your own relationship with God.
Many times these people are lovers and followers of their god. I know four personally who said that god spoke to them about something, and they were wrong. These people weren't trying to deceive anyone. They truly believed it was a message from god. Again, they truly believed.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
If it was me Mama, I'd put you up till you got on your feet, simply because your worth more than the birds of the air; it's what humans do for each other.

This is true, and a god isn't needed in order to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join