It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
reply to post by IAMIAM

My friend, I have a very personal relationship with the father who art in heaven. How do I distinguish his voice from my own? I listen to you.

Just as I am within the father and the father within me, so to is he within you. The way I prove God exists to others, I answer their prayers out of love for them.

Are you your Brothers keeper?

With Love,

Your Brother

-thats pretty deep 'bro, and profound
Ya'shuah would be proud of you

This is very close. We see the depths of a person's soul through the eyes and within each resides their god. I don't capitalize god, because that would be comparable to worshipping an idol outside of us.

I can attest that we each can attain a higher consciousness and actually communicate with that consciousness one on one, but it's all within! Unconditional love is the key, but it begins with the self. For me, it was having thoughts that were not my own and when I came VERY close, I heard him ask me a question. This was an unbelievable spiritual experience, which many have through certain stages of their life. Every question I had was answered rapidly and there really was no room for words(unspeakable), because I was so full of joy. The body truly is a vessel that we fill with emotion. The true challenge is maintaining that level of non-judgment.

To me, the bible is archaic and doesn't explain the initiatory process a person must experience to attain higher levels of consciousness, but the closest example is the path of the 'anointed' one, which can be anyone depending on what stage of spiritual growth they are at.

Really, how can it be explained? I think many gurus have tried, but it doesn't compare to the experience of an intimate love that can be felt within every cell of the body that is so purifying it's beyond comprehension, and we know without a doubt that we are always okay, everything is connected and we are loved beyond our comprehension. So, what are we, really? We live in a world where there is very little self-love or compassion for self and that's exactly where it begins...within.

Will this world ever reach a level where each person can say, 'my god within says...' The illusion is that there is no separation.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I call myself a Truth Seeker for anyone who deems it necessary to label me. I find what you just said to be the Ultimate Truth as well. In order to know His Spirit we must first connect with ours.....then understanding his spirit becomes clearer. We all have our own relationship and each is unique (different). I love seeking Truth...it is what I desire the most out of this life existence. The more I seek the closer I get. I love it!!!!

Peace and love to you and yours!!!!!! xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
You will never find the truth if you don't care about the one who offers it. God is not human, He is Spirit, if you want to discover His truth then it has to be done in a spiritual form. There is no other way.
What is spirit? What is the spiritual form?

I'm not God so I can't give an accurate answer to that.

I probably should have said "spiritual way" instead of form. The only way to speak to God is through prayer. But those prayers have to be from an honest heart. You can't fool God in your prayers, he knows what you want before you ask, all He wants you to do is ask.

“Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done.
22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” Matthew 21:21-23

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

With christianity and all religions you will always have the people who believe God told them certain futures and these futures do not come true. There have been so many religious backed predictions from flawed humans who believe they can interpret God's messages by math, dates, numbers, in their head, etc.
Did you read the verse when God specifically warns us because he knows human interpretation is flawed? He said to "watch out for false prophets they come to you in sheep's clothing" I can't imagine how just simply false prophets can so deter your own relationship with God.
Your brother's death must have impacted your family in such a way that maybe it brought you all together for at least a moment. And to remind others that heard about your brothers death, that family is not to be taken for granted. As for the little boy, think about how many lives he touched before he died! A kid at my high school, his younger middle school brother died of cancer as well... but in that one year he was given to live, he inspired so many other students (High school and middle school) and everyone truly remembers him because he taught them how to give and love and truly appreciate this one life.
The saying goes that God answers prayers in three ways, 'Yes', 'Not Right Now,' or 'I have Something Better Planned.'

I saw you have many questions about faith, where the bible comes from, why were verses left out, and I think a core question you have is why does a good God let bad things happen to good people. I know you probably have gotten a lot of links but this link has answers to every single question I have had throughout life.

EagleBrook Series

Scroll down a ways a you will see a series called "Core Beliefs"-the bible one answers how do you know the bible isn't just a bunch of fairy tales...... and further down is another called "Ask Anything" (really good for your core question about bad things happening) and then near the end of the page is "Raise Your Religious IQ" which is basically informing you about other religions out there and what they mean! The speaker is really funny and if you stick with it for five minutes, you will find you might enjoy it! It's very contemporary in that you will be able to understand everything!
edit on 4-8-2011 by fizliz because: to add info

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wow! what a lovely bunch of answers, and people! I am really enjoying reading all these---it gives me such a wonderful sense of knowing that so many, many of you/us are really waking up! This is glorious to see! It is happening! How very Wonderful, thank you all!

Here is something from my teacher, William Samuel---many years ago, he helped me to find This Light of Truth in my own heart and as all of you, I do have a personal relationship with God, all the time, every moment of my being---

"There is an all-pervading Principle that rules, regulates and provides for the entire tangible universe. The various laws of physics, mathematics, music, chemistry, etc. are this Principle. These laws are so interwoven and bound to one another as to present unassailable proof of the existence of an omnipresent, single Principle being ALL.

The "That" which is being this single Principle is "God," the Absolute, the Ineffable, the That beyond a name and greater than the individual laws.

What is the one common denominator for all the known "laws"? It is Awareness, the means by which every law is known. The laws, and all that could ever possibly be known about them, are included within awareness. Awareness is "greater than" laws. Awareness is an aspect of the Ineffable That which is beyond all names and labels, the That Which Is, called Mind or God.

Every sight we have ever seen has been seen within and as Awareness, Mind's action of Self-perception. Every sound we have ever heard has been heard within and as Awareness, the very consciousness that presently reads these words. Every "feeling" that has ever been felt has been another aspect of Awareness, Mind's Self-awareness in action.

"Identity" is awareness. Identity is not the ego who thinks life (awareness) is his personal possession and/or the gift of God. To believe we are the custodian of awareness has us identifying as a potty piece of poppycock "of few days and full of trouble." Furthermore, it has us worshiping a bestowing god that doesn't even exist. Mind, you see, doesn't bestow its Self-awareness on "another." Mind is its Own awareness. Mind and its action are not two, but one.

————————

Nor is Awareness separate from the images within it, any more than the television screen is separate from the cowboys and commercials there.

Therefore, we can see that our identification as awareness Itself is not a withdrawal from the world, from people or from the adventure of living. It is a withdrawal from our own valued opinions, notions and prejudices of them. To the contrary, this work appears as a revitalized interest in everything that appears as conscious identity (Awareness)—and that is everything! As we live childlike-awareness-being-effortlessly-aware, we find our daily experience expanding into undreamed of new action—plus the strength and means necessary for that action."

Excerpted from "The Awareness of Self-Discovery" by William Samuel www.williamsamuel.com

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
During my psychosis i experienced something called the massiah complex..

It was the closest i felt to god ever..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Originally posted by napayshni57

Theres a difference between communicating with God and ones own thoughts. The thoughts are different. There is no "I should do this or that". Usually it strikes you as where did that come from that thought.

Example...I had a new water heater put in. The dang thing kept going out. I called them they came out and said they fixed it. Yet as soon as they left with another check in hand the dang thing went out again. So I called them back they couldn't come out to the next day. I live alone with my young son so when I am talking I'm talking to God just like I would my own Dad if he was there. I kept asking what the heck is wrong and now they are saying it's this the part is covered but not the labor. All at once the word propane kept coming into my mind. Why I asked myself is that word keeping coming into my mind. I didn't know there was a difference between propane water heaters and natural gas water heaters. I went to my old friend google and found out those stupid plumbers could of blown me up to heaven. So I called the plumbers main office and said "hey you put the wrong type gas water heater in my home and could of blown me up" Needless to say I got a new water heater and my money back from that day. If the words propane wouldn't of kept coming into my mind I would of probably been dead before anyone noticed they installed the wrong water heater.

When people tell me God has told them something is going to happen or they need to do this I have to take a good look at that person. Everyone wants to be an end times prophet it seems like. Check their ego. I've heard many people say God has revealed to me that this means that and it's okay if I do that. That's when I figure they've twisted the words of God in their own mind so it makes them feel good about what they do.

Hate to brake it to you but any voice in your head is your voice. Its you only you....If you want to label the back and forth as a personal relationship with god or anything is up to you to decide. Why you would actually think its a supreme being talking to you personally and not to others is a bit arrogant. But we all have some ego issues to deal with. Its what makes us human.

Oh well have a great life.

I hate to break it to you, but you are much more than you know. People should be aware of the thoughts that enter the mind and pay attention. It might save your life sometime. I don't believe consciousness is restricted to the mind only, but connected to a much greater intelligence.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Our existence itself involves a relationship with the creator, with the source, whether we are aware of it, or not.

A personal relationship, that's another matter altogether.

God is spirit and truth, and the human being, at least in potentia, his vessel, and imho, that potential was actualized in the person of Yeshua (Jesus), making of God, a very personal God, so yeah I have a personal relationship with God in the person of Jesus Christ as the human embodiment of the spirit of the universe, with us in him and him in us, no longer separated by a true justice which can make no compromise with our more fruitless nature which perishes.

Praise God that the life and light (logos) is ours. Thank you God, I love you too!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
To truly know The Creator, you must first attain absolution. Then you are a demon no longer. Then you are a noun no longer. You become one with all that there is, one with the Creation. Unfortunately, this marks the beginning of horrific (and I mean horrific) tortures from the other direction. The Devil ie. the combined forces of darkness ie. Spirit (for lack of better terms) soon go into high gear trying to replace a demon into your body and "seal" it for everlasting service to one evil sub-matrix or another. [Note: it's not actually your body, for The Creator/Creation owns all that there is, with the possible exception of uh, "spirit".] It takes a very long time to win absolution and God is indeed merciful. He only asked that I did everything humanly possible to prevent catastrophe. But of course, it occurs anyway, because Homo Sapiens has been very very sick and totally apostate for a very very very long time. There has been a whole lot of reincarnating going on, and a fresh newborn soul such as that which was once "me" doesn't stand a chance. A snowball in hell has greater chance of prevailing than a newborn specimen in these latter days.

Ah, but I prattle. To try and make a long story short, I was a perfect unitarian... humane, compassionate, bright, considerate, and disavowed of all allegiances to power mongers and to religion. [Note: religion was fine when it centered on the 10 commandments, or policies of being moral; but religion quickly degraded into straight idolatry, the venerating of demigods, supposed holy men of yore, demagogues; and arcane rites and lip-service dedicated to such.]

Yes, "I" achieved the ultimate goal of humankind. It wasn't easy. Now "my" understanding of The Creator is perfected, and I can assure you all heartily that He would never ever ever stoop to the use of witchcraft or sorceries or supernatural/mystical powers of any sort whatsoever! Study Einstein's Theory of Relativity and glean how The Creation is just as fair as fair can be, without any need of the supernatural. If you believe in or lust after mystical powers, you wallow in apostasy.

And did I mention? the human species is about to come to a crashing end, done in by its own susceptibility to the love of craft. It'll end in one fraction of a second next year, and no pain will be felt. And Peace will reign forever afterwards. (Uh, sure, animals eat one another and it gets bloody awful, but it's nothing like the deeply depraved hells that humans concoct to perpetrate on everything and everybody.)

This was my first post here and likely, though not certainly, my last.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I believe I do but I am still seeking full knowledge of the Creator. And I don't think that makes me weird either. I just want to know who created me and I want to connect. I was raided to believe in Jesus Christ and I believe the core part of what I have read of him. I just wish to know more.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

It's simple. Read his words, discern his character, fall in love, then you will know him.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerie60
To truly know The Creator, you must first attain absolution. Then you are a demon no longer. Then you are a noun no longer. You become one with all that there is, one with the Creation. Unfortunately, this marks the beginning of horrific (and I mean horrific) tortures from the other direction. The Devil ie. the combined forces of darkness ie. Spirit (for lack of better terms) soon go into high gear trying to replace a demon into your body and "seal" it for everlasting service to one evil sub-matrix or another. [Note: it's not actually your body, for The Creator/Creation owns all that there is, with the possible exception of uh, "spirit".] It takes a very long time to win absolution and God is indeed merciful. He only asked that I did everything humanly possible to prevent catastrophe. But of course, it occurs anyway, because Homo Sapiens has been very very sick and totally apostate for a very very very long time. There has been a whole lot of reincarnating going on, and a fresh newborn soul such as that which was once "me" doesn't stand a chance. A snowball in hell has greater chance of prevailing than a newborn specimen in these latter days.

Ah, but I prattle. To try and make a long story short, I was a perfect unitarian... humane, compassionate, bright, considerate, and disavowed of all allegiances to power mongers and to religion. [Note: religion was fine when it centered on the 10 commandments, or policies of being moral; but religion quickly degraded into straight idolatry, the venerating of demigods, supposed holy men of yore, demagogues; and arcane rites and lip-service dedicated to such.]

Yes, "I" achieved the ultimate goal of humankind. It wasn't easy. Now "my" understanding of The Creator is perfected, and I can assure you all heartily that He would never ever ever stoop to the use of witchcraft or sorceries or supernatural/mystical powers of any sort whatsoever! Study Einstein's Theory of Relativity and glean how The Creation is just as fair as fair can be, without any need of the supernatural. If you believe in or lust after mystical powers, you wallow in apostasy.

And did I mention? the human species is about to come to a crashing end, done in by its own susceptibility to the love of craft. It'll end in one fraction of a second next year, and no pain will be felt. And Peace will reign forever afterwards. (Uh, sure, animals eat one another and it gets bloody awful, but it's nothing like the deeply depraved hells that humans concoct to perpetrate on everything and everybody.)

Well, you certainly can't just walk off after that introduction.

Seriously. Think of the children.
For God sake, think of the effing children.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Do you have a relationship with the creator of the universe?

Absolutely!

He agrees to keep piling on the crap...and I agree to keep taking it.

Come to think of it, we need to kind of renegotiate this relationship...

Ah, but I prattle.

Who says "prattle" anymore? Are you a Bond super villain? (just kidding)...

edit on 4-8-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Your works haven't been forgotten by God.
If this god is real, I don't care if he hasn't forgotten about my works. I don't care about rewards. I just want truth.

You will never find the truth if you don't care about the one who offers it. God is not human, He is Spirit, if you want to discover His truth then it has to be done in a spiritual form. There is no other way.

First , the "truth" isn't a "who",in fact any supreme being doesn't have a single human characteristic. If anything that is a total insult to this supposed supreme being. And you said it yourself, god isn't human. So why would you assume "it" will offer anything? Humans are the only species that offers anything. Did god teach us to be human? You really don't know, so you use faith as a safety net when people like myself or certain negative events confront the very fabric of your belief.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I talk to something. Probably a passed human being that has taken an interest in me for whatever reason. It's not God. God can't inhabit what it has initiated. The logical contradiction of that notion is pretty obvious. Still, there is definitely someone who's taken me on as a project for good or not (depending on how you view that sort of thing) and I'm still curious as to what's next in our little relationship.

A medium (more of an X-Large she was, but I digress) I sat with once told me that "he" was standing next to where I was sitting and wasn't too thrilled that I was sitting with her for a reading. In fact, she felt pretty uneasy with him. She said he was Indian (as in India) and that surprised me since I've never felt any association with Hindu or Muslim teachings. I do know that he's pretty aggressive with some information, and over the last year or so, what's come through has been extremely precise and very remarkable. Let's just say that it's verifiable and there's no other source on this planet for such information.

Maybe he's a demon? I often kid that he is, but to be honest, I don't believe in demons. I believe in a creator being, but like I said, what one creates, one can't become integral to. The concept of creation doesn't actually allow the creator to become the creation. The builder can move into the house, but he/she can't become the house.

I do know what it is that people are connecting with, but it's not God. In fact, it's not even conscious. It can perfectly replicate consciousness, since replication and representation is what it's all about, but it can't initiate. It hasn't got a sense of itself as existing any more than a mirror image does. This is why everyone gets a unique experience from it. It reflects back to them what they project to it.

That quality makes it extremely popular, and easily worshiped. In this reality confine, it is the Light and the Truth, but it's not more than that. Still, that's pretty impressive in its own right.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerie60

Like I said before ,all faiths are horrific. They are truly the only evil. Once you have faith you believe in the dark and the light, you believe in the devil or angles. It all comes from the construct of your imagination. Its all in your head buddy. And the only safety net you have is faith. The very same thing that restrains your appetite for enlightenment. The older you get the worse inside you will become. I pitty you and all people who believe in any god. You are handicapped.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You are handicapped.

Or empowered!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

You are handicapped.

Or empowered!

So empowerment happens to the few(or how many) that believe and dedicate themselves unconditionally to the lord? Is that what you mean. And if your a non-believer something bad will happen to you? Is that what you mean?

I'm curious, why would you take certain scripture so seriously(27 books), knowing there is many more scripture not voted in to your bible.

That's like Wikipedia missing a 1/3'rd of everything. But you didn't care ,whatever Wikipedia says is holy.

Is that normal. Forget logic. Does that approach sound healthy to you.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Double posted

edit on 8/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
[COLOR=CYAN]
And to answer your question---YES--- But??????? SO DO YOU

edit on 8/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join