It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firebrand Ron Paul Disputes Drug Laws In 1988 – Must Watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ron Paul takes on a mass pile of idiots in this epic debate on the Morton Downey Jr. Show.

The show devolves into an epic shouting match.

I love it.

For the full video, click here.

The first half:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Man what a circus that show use to be. they sure ganged up on Ron.They defiantly made the womans mike louder than Rons it seemed.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Ron Paul takes on a mass pile of idiots in this epic debate on the Morton Downey Jr. Show.

The show devolves into an epic shouting match.

I love it.

For the full video, click here.

The first half:

Wow! Why didn't he just light up a doob to make his point.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wow, what a bunch of idiots those three are arguing against. It's like trying to talk sense into a meatloaf. As right as Ron Paul is about most things, he's certainly wrong in saying that drugs are useless... not that the argument would have been better in those morons eyes if he had said that most drugs weren't bad, would have just gone worse haha. I can't believe that dink of a host is smoking harmful drug plant (tobacco) and taking the stance that drugs are the worst thing ever, what a hypocrite. Legalization would put the dealers out of business.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The woman was Lisa Sliwa, a member of the Guardian Angels, a vigilante group that started in New York City. She was married to the group's founder at the time, Curtis Sliwa. They went around the city and performed citizen's arrests on suspected criminals, and if there was a camera around, they had their faces plastered in it. The talk show circuit had her and Curtis on every week it seemed. Her husband actually staged some citizen's arrests to get publicity, but the statute of limitations on false arrests had run out so he avoided being charged.

Her main beef with Dr. Paul then was that she was from the streets and saw drug use at the individual level. She was fighting for the people that used them, which was noble, but narrow in scope. Dr. Paul's argument was more far-sighted in that if the dealers can't sell drugs for more than users can get them at a "drug store", the dealers will be out of business and drug-related crime overall will go down.

The drug users are just doing what they want with their own bodies, which she and too many others can't deal with. All these people can see is that people are hurting themselves and someone has to Do Something About It. Granted, she could see first hand what was happening to the drug abusers, and that colors one's opinion of the situation, but she couldn't see past that to see the big picture that Dr. Paul saw. He was (and still is) advocating for more freedom and liberty, not to mention confidence that we know what's best for us.

Great stroll down memory lane, mnemeth. I remember seeing that when it aired. Boy I hated Morton Downey. I wanted to kick in the jewels every time he opened his mouth!

/TOA

top topics

join