It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The george burns experience-coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So when I was 8 years old, the family was sitting down to some good old 'wheel of fortune" before the evening sitcoms. A puzzle came up and the clue was 'person' . Well I have always felt like I have had a 6th sense of sorts such as little predictions and the like. Anyhow before a single letter was placed I called out george burns. Of course my dad quickly claimed that I had seen the episode before"like a 9 yr old kid has nothing better to do than watch re runs of a game show?" lol So some years later, I had a dream. In the dream I was walking through a dark house and could barely hear a tv on in the background. On the tv I distinctly heard 'george burns died today" in that anchorly voice. The very next day I woke up and later learned that george burns had died. I have always been quite freaked out at this and have told very few people until now that is lol any thoughts on this?
edit on 3-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is your personal confirmation that the world is not real... that all "facts" (which are so dear to those waging many "logical" arguments on ATS and elsewhere) are mutable to some degree through intuitive reasoning, and that the only "true" value of anything lies in its symbolism.

For example.. most people will tell you that 2+2=4.

My personal answer is that 2+2=1... because when you add things together, you get one thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
hmm I see your point but not how it relates to this post but thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
You may have overheard it when you were sleeping but not in a deep state of sleep. I;ll here things off and on if i'm napping on the couch and i'll be able to recall some things that were said or happened on tv. while I was asleep.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Maybe George is trying to tell you something....Could he be your real Dad?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
You may have overheard it when you were sleeping but not in a deep state of sleep. I;ll here things off and on if i'm napping on the couch and i'll be able to recall some things that were said or happened on tv. while I was asleep.

I hear ya but I did not have a tv at that time anywhere near my bed and was not around a tv.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
Maybe George is trying to tell you something....Could he be your real Dad?

Well I do suppose that is possible?!? lol

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
George burns?...the evil old dude from the simpsons?...am I missing some joke here oO

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
George burns?...the evil old dude from the simpsons?...am I missing some joke here oO

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh! Montgomery Burns is the Simpsons character. George Burns was an actor & comedian.

new topics

top topics

join