It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Today I realized I was an actual God. Not "the god" but definitely A GOD.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theblackirish7
havent you posted the trash before ? get a life

I for one am auctually enjoying this thread, its a light hearted view that is so diffrent from all the other doom and gloom threads on here today.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sorry boncho, but that looks like the work of the Devil to me...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
Found the perfect video to accompany this thread

Yep, that was one of the first things I thought of when I took the lid off the bowl today. I had never seen things grow to such an extent before on leftovers....

Embed.

edit on 3-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Sorry boncho, but that looks like the work of the Devil to me...

Uh oh, be quiet or you are going to cause a religious divide among my subjects.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Here are some close ups of microorganisms, for anyone that is interested:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60219f420dd0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57908b976e2c.jpg[/atsimg]

Not sure what this guy is:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8d664c7e839.jpg[/atsimg]

Visit MicrobeWorld

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

What an ignorant contribution to this awesome thread. Why don't you get a life and find somebody elses thread to unload your ignorance on.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

And also, lets not forget the History of Mold.

Molds are present in virtually every environment that has been examined. Molds grow indoors and outdoors and, depending on the species, can grow year-round, even in winter.

Not surprisingly, I experienced that in a previous house I owned. Was a pain to get rid of when it was frozen.

Some of the products of mold metabolism have great importance. For example, a mold called Rhizopus produces fumaric acid, which can be used in the production of the drug cortisone.

Other molds can produce alcohol, citric acid, oxalic acid, or a wide range of other chemicals. Some molds can cause fatal neural diseases in humans and other animals.

Moldy bread is nonpoisonous. Nevertheless, approximately one hundred million loaves of moldy bread are discarded annually in the United States. The molds typically cause spoilage rather than rendering the bread poisonous.

Would you eat moldy bread?

Certain types of cheeses are ripened by mold fungi. Indeed, the molds responsible for this action have taken their names from the cheeses they affect. Camembert is ripened by Penicillium camemberti, and Roquefort is by Penicillium roquefortii.

The Penicillium mold has another important use, namely the production of antibiotics. Two species have been used for the production of penicillin, the first antibiotic to be discovered: Penicillium notatum and Penicillium chrysogenum.

Read more: Mold - Beneficial molds history - Production, Penicillium, Aflatoxin, Produced, Grow, and Growth science.jrank.org...

Ah, now that we are on the topic of Penicillin...

History.

In 1928, Sir Alexander Fleming observed that colonies of the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus could be destroyed by the mold Penicillium notatum, proving that there was an antibacterial agent there in principle.

This principle later lead to medicines that could kill certain types of disease-causing bacteria inside the body.
At the time, however, the importance of Alexander Fleming's discovery was not known.

Use of penicillin did not begin until the 1940s when Howard Florey and Ernst Chain isolated the active ingredient and developed a powdery form of the medicine.

I've always wondered, that since there has been moldy items growing on food items for centuries, why hadn't ancient civilizations understand the possible benefits? Or did they....

A timeline of Antbiotics.

And...

People have been using antibiotics for nearly 2,000 years, suggests a new study, which found large doses of tetracycline embedded in the bones of ancient African mummies.

Antibiotic Beer.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Eeeeewwwwwww......
Make prettier stuff God.

I personally think they are beautiful. Imagine that growing on a planet a few thousand lightyears away...

If we had pictures of that, you would be staring at the same thing on the front page of the NY Times.

I honestly don't think I'll ever look at mold the same way, ever again... instead of seeing something disgusting, I'm going to be staring into an old coffee mug, and imagine I'm staring at a newspaper pic of "life on another planet". O_o

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

...ahahahaaa!... you have a great sense of humor... love the pics...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
Well by your standards I was a god about 1000 times in my late teens early twenties..then I met my partner and he turned me into a neat freak....although I did leave an apple on a garage shelf a few months ago and found it about a week ago...so..I am also a god!!

Awesome and gross thread!

God of the Apple Heads!

Great pics by the way.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Onboard2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Boncho, you amuse me much

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wow that gross but it made my day. Thanks for that lol

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

There is always one who spoils the fun.

Aren't you that person who at a party stands in the corner pouting and trashing anyone who has the audacity to enjoy themselves?

On a lighter note....

If mould is life and Boncho "a" God. Is chlorine the anti-christ?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
HAHA You guys actually made this guy break down and cry, now that really made my day

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
lol!!!

you messed up tho,

the little yellow growths are tasty.

like uni,

the white ones are best with a slice of smoked salmon and red onion on a bagel.

alas the tomato sauce is beyond repair.

best for getting the skunk smell off your dog,

ain't life grand.

eta; my lord!
edit on 4-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I don't know if its been mentioned yet but the black mold there can be deadly. I really hope you didn't take a big wiff as you may end up with pneumonia. I would really pay attention to your health and physical well-being over the next few days. I did this once in middle school. I never used my locker but had stored a lunch in it once and forgot about it for months, found it at the end of the year when cleaning out the locker. We had some pretty interesting discussions in my science class for the last few days as my teacher made slides for everyone to look at.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Bet you won't eat it!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

I have been seeking high and low to escape from ATS's Mickey Mouse Bull#. Y0u, D0ucheb@g f*$@ball and your a-hole tribe of alfa1, kro32, weedwhacker & others finally gave me the reason.

F & U Boncho and the douchebaq likes...

Breathe in, breathe out, wax on, was off...

Take some fresh air friend, grab a beer and just try to enjoy !!!

This has been a refreshing thread - almost puked my dinner after seeing the pics though - and it has proven to be way better than most of the doom and gloom everyday rollercoaster rides.

Cheers !!

P.S. It's called humor. You should try it once in a while, it's highly addictive !

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Not just humor, but a fascinating display of how quickly lifeforms can reproduce on our little planet. Think about it, we spend billions and billions of dollars sending spacecraft to other planets looking for the the kinds of things that one can find in old spoiled pasta sauce, here on Earth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join