It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have one on the inside of my left wrist. It is a Japanese kanji for love. It is in honor of my two daughters.

I would like to get another but can't decided what, and others have mentioned they are expensive

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've got loads.

The Triforce in my avatar, I have that on my left hand like in the Zelda video games. Also have the nWo logo tattooed on my forearm for all to see, another wrestling related tattoo I got was my own version of Brock Lesnar's back tattoo a year after his tv pro wrestling debut at the height of his popularity back in 2003. Also got representations of chi tattooed too, been running out of room for years lol

Got my name tattooed on the inside of my lower lip back in 2003 too and no, it didn't hurt.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have 7, my favorite number

All my tattoos have personal meaning to me. Those who know me get every one of them and their meaning and how it relates to me and my personality.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c9a676d67b8.jpg[/atsimg]
Yes that is the Apple logo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4697610be79d.jpg[/atsimg]
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
yup my favorite show of all time.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfb7a4c24396.jpg[/atsimg]
One of my two tributes to France

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/056a5a2786ac.jpg[/atsimg]
One of my Shakespeare quotes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e70a3a4b6eb.jpg[/atsimg]
My other Shakespeare quote. This was taken literally mins after I had it done. This quote is from "Twelfth Night."

I also have the Eiffel Tower on my lower back but I don't have any pics! I had it done when I was 19. I knew I always wanted it as a tattoo. I have a huge love for France esp Paris. The one I originally had done wasn't that great and I had it covered the best way it could be last year. It use to have all the lines in it and a flag at the top now it's all black

The other one I have is a Playboy Bunny on my ankle. I was asked to do a college issues years ago and I said no so I got the bunny instead

My favorites are my Eiffel Tower and Shakespeare quotes. I love Shakespeare and Im a hopeless romantic!

The one thing that drives me INSANE is when Im in a store and someone behind me feels the need to just PULL my top down to read my tat on my back. It's in between my shoulder blades and you wouldn't believe how many people think it's ok to do that! I had one lady tell me to relax it's a beach town everyone is chill! I told her I am very chill but strangers touching me makes me boil! LOL!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You wouldn't believe the number of people who hate getting clothes pulled while people try to scrutinise what you have on your skin. Luckily for me, the only ones on show right now are the sleeves I have that are visible when I wear t-shirts or tank tops, my hands (obvious reasons and I never wear gloves) and the tip of the design that comes up onto the back of my neck. The rest are covered by clothes but it's a nightmare when people think they can grab at you to look at something, especially when they pat it when it's fresh and you're starting to feel sore.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

You wouldn't believe the number of people who hate getting clothes pulled while people try to scrutinise what you have on your skin. Luckily for me, the only ones on show right now are the sleeves I have that are visible when I wear t-shirts or tank tops, my hands (obvious reasons and I never wear gloves) and the tip of the design that comes up onto the back of my neck. The rest are covered by clothes but it's a nightmare when people think they can grab at you to look at something, especially when they pat it when it's fresh and you're starting to feel sore.

I know! I always think what possessed them to think it's ok to just touch me and pull my shirt down or move my strap over!

My ex is a tattoo artist and is covered head to toe, hand, foot, leg....all over. He gets that alot and I can see why but it is very rude to just grab someone. If you want to know ask, I really dont mind showing or explaining it...Just DONT touch me!

All mine are visible but my Eiffel Tower.. You only see that in a bathing suit because of its location....Funny story, I was at Wal Greens one day and was crouched over and part of my tower was showing and this little girl comes over and lifts up my shirt and goes "mommy mommy Madeline." Madeline if you don't know is a kids character from France. Now she was the ONLY person I didn't care that lifted up my shirt. It was so cute, her mother kept apologizing and I told her there was no need! I thought it was cute she saw it and instantly related it to Madeline

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

See there I don't mind or when I'm in the videogame store and someone notices the Triforce and starts a conversation about it or another wrestling fan notices something on my arm or back. That's when it's cool.

I'm considering getting the ink on my stomach removed. I got that also in 2003, it reads "AGAD" based on an in joke with a friend as kids and stood for "As Good As Dead" (like a live for the moment thing similar to the "Carpe Diem" I have on my upper arm) but not only do I not like the look of it now, I found out there's a criminal gang in South Africa called AGAD. Not something I'd wanna associate with regardless of my not knowing about that until a few years back.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have two. I have 4 cat paw prints going up the outside of my left calf. I also have ivy with yellow flowers on the small of my back.

The worst tattoo I ever saw was on the mother of my daughter's best friend. She got "HIGH MAINTANCE" spelled just like that on her the top of her left wrist. When I pointed out it was mispelled I thought she was going to faint.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Dang....can I play too?

I am covered from the neck down...(use your imagination....) most of it on the inside....would love to share but it would give me away!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i always ask "may i see your tattoo." can't stand for someone to invade my three feet of personal space, so i don't invade someone else's without an invitation.

some really cool tats y'all are posting. love the shakespeare quotes!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
The worst tattoo I ever saw was on the mother of my daughter's best friend. She got "HIGH MAINTANCE" spelled just like that on her the top of her left wrist. When I pointed out it was mispelled I thought she was going to faint.

niiiiice.
someone needed a tattoo artist with a spell check. ha! i know a girl that has a mickey mouse tat on her lower left bikini area and it's kinds of old, faded, home-made looking - and mickey looks like he is .... um.... well.... ya know what... on second thought... never mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Would you all mind keeping it to your internet self...if I posted an arm??

Dont want to scare the new comers...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess
i always ask "may i see your tattoo." can't stand for someone to invade my three feet of personal space, so i don't invade someone else's without an invitation.

some really cool tats y'all are posting. love the shakespeare quotes!

See that is the correct way to approach me or anyone with a tattoo. I know they fascinate some people but asking will more than likely get you a look.

I also get a lot of compliments on my Apple tattoo and how cute it is....ATT offered me 25% off an Otter case because of my tat...I said can I get it on the iPhone 4
he said no

Everytime I go into an Apple store someone sees it (its on my ankle) who works there and has to get the entire store to look. They love it......however Im still waiting for my Macbook Air as a thank you for free advertising lol one can wish!

Thanks on the Shakespeare quotes! They both have very personal and special meaning....I also think everyone can relate to both in many ways. IMO both are so very true!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

i always ask "may i see your tattoo."

Yep, you just have to ask and most are more than happy to show them off. I've even been embarrassed before when someone mentioned they had a Harley tattoo. I asked if I could see it and she unbuttoned/unzipped her pants... It was in an area hidden by her underwear.

So now I say, "If it's an an area you're not embarrassed to show, can I see it?" I forget that everyone doesn't have them in "normal" places like me.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by tom502

so... uh... what are your tattoos, tom?

i do understand your point, by the way.

Hi,
I don't have any pics of them, but on my left shoulder I have an Omkara in a circle of flames. That's the Hindu symbol, also called AUM, or OM. And on my right shoulder I have an Asatru Pagan design of an owl holding a sword with a Sun Wheel above it's head.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am tame. I have a striped frog on my right ankle. I would like another, a dragonfly, for my bil and other loved ones who have moved on.Because I find the dragonfly story comforting, there are many versions of it.

www.idhal.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Love tattoos, especially the one i have with my daughters name 'Nevaeh'. The one thing i will say about them is..... Addictive. they are a drug. i now have 11 and am booked in for a sleeve of bubbles on 25th August.
Portrait tatts are super impressive as are the one you see on peoples back like a Football stadium,

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have two tattoos and found they are very addictive. I've had to really hold myself back or I'd be covered

If I had another few pairs of arms, I'd definitely have some more done.

Mine are snakes - a 'living' snake wrapped around my upper left arm and a snake skeleton wrapped around my upper right arm. They are positioned so that they are looking at each other as if in a battle. To me they represent life and death and, although the living snake looks as if it's the fiercest, I know that the skeleton will win in the end.

I mentioned my tattoos in another thread here and actually lost an ATS friend because of them. Such a pity, but it shows you how anti-tattoos some people can be.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yeah, it's funny how addictive they can be. Got my first at 18 on one arm, felt like the other arm needed something to balance it out, pretty soon more were added to make an entire sleeve on one arm and a half sleeve on the other.

It's a good addiction to have, doesn't harm you except financially. Maybe not so good then, except to look at.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Hmmm.... where to begin? My left shoulder has a Dragon swallowing its own tail, my right shoulder has the symbol for the Order of the Dragon (the nightly order of Vlad III and his father, Vlad II) my upper arms have pin up style angel and devil girls, my left forearm, a withered black rose... my right forearm, the four card suits. A pair of nautical stars (blue and black) on my hips and an Icon of Chaos on my stomach. Old woodcut of a giant squid crushing a three masted ship covering my back, and two historical woodcuts of Vlad III on my calves. *deep breath* So that's what I've got, there are many more planned!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have tattoo's

I will post pics but cant while im working

got a tree on one arm....
Cavalry 414 Elephant riders patch on the other arm.... its says "your mothers maiden name" around it
Got a bowler hat,with a cane and my pocket watch tattoed at the top of my back (the bowler hat has some of my cockatiels feathers in it as per my actual bowler hat)
got "the rainking" which is a man with a crown holding an umbrella (in the tramp stamp region)
on my left calf i have a storm trooper helmet decorated like a sugar skull with my sons name underneath and on my entire left thigh i have moonknight (from marvel commics) which is three quarters done.

im getting a skeleton mexican band member on my back... some more clutch tattoo's to make it a clutch half sleeve on my left arm (there a band) , polynesian (sp) style flowers around my tree on my right arm... a mic on my back, an angel fish on my right shin and a marvel leg piece on my left leg so moonknight isnt lonley... battersea power station chimeny (with the pig like the pink floyd album cover on my ribs) the star wars empirial symbol on my chest and err... i think thats everything at the moment.

i do however have four close mates who are all particularly good tattoo artists so it make my life easy

and it works out reallllll cheap

edit on 12-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join