It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
who has them? who wants one? what are you considering getting? what do you already have? where'd ya get them/it? got a shop or artist you wanna brag about? got pics of your tats? got any pics of what you want to get tattooed? what's the most bizarre tat you have ever seen? the coolest? Post it up!

please note: i did not create this thread to debate whether people SHOULD or SHOULDN'T get tattoos, if they are evil or not, appropriate or not, etc. In other words, i created this thread for those who ENJOY them, have them or want them or even just LIKE them. So, if you don't like them, then please just find another topic to post in, if you don't mind. Thank you

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

My first tattoo I got is 'love' in hebrew script along the inside of my left bicept. No, I am not Jewish. No, I do not speak Hebrew. I like the look of the script, and love is good, so that is my reason for getting it.

My second tattoo I got is the solar system across my chest. I drew it out / designed it myself. I love it.

My next tattoo I am planning is an anatomical heart (NOT a valentines heart) with a banner somewhere around it saying 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' on my right arm - I'd like to eventually make it a quarter sleeve.

You got any highpriestess?

Edit:: I'll try to get some pictures up soon
edit on 3-8-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
if I could afford it I'd get more

I only have one, it was a gift - he's about 1.5" x 1.5" (3.8x3.8cm; 108x108px for the conversionally challenged
)

A friend of mine was getting one, told me I could spend $60 - so I sat going through a book, page after page and marking pages of "maybe" tattoos

Probably 30 or 40 pages in, I turned the page, and there was this guy and I NEVER looked back to compare. He called to me, he's mine, I love him

He's about 18 years old now. Still looks pretty good! could use a touchup though to bring out his color.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Forevever because: brain-o

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Last year for my 59th birthday, I got my one and only tattoo. I spent over a year researching Celtic history, and the history of Celtic knots. I chose a small Celtic knot, had it done by a tattoo artist who specializes in Celtic tattoos.

It is at the base of my Spine. No one else can really see it. But, I got it for me, not for showing off. A deep spiritual drive sent me on the quest that culminated in my tatt. Yes, I'm very happy with it.

Des

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

who has them? one of the two guys in the soft music band 'Air Supply' has mucho ink. saw a magazine article, he goes to shows & cons, very into it. i could believe Lars (metallica) collecting beanie babies but i didn't see this one coming.

saw great leg ink on a fellow food-shopping weeks ago. a Jets logo football in an incredible green on one calf, the NY Giants logo in bold blue on the other calf. true fan, there.

saw a viciously cool skeletal forearm & hand inked on the back lower leg of a young guy when i was getting smokes. really well done, white, black, red.

a favorite tat i saw a few years ago; guy had a wide band around bicep/upper arm, all grey shade, of assorted spooky Cemetery theme/motif. headstones at angles, black cat, full moon, all the hall-o'-ween standards. i thought it was awesome.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Highpriestess

Personally I think tattoos are particularly significant and for the most part tasteful. I have two at the moment, in seldom seen places, that to me are important. The first, from 20 years ago, is a simple cannabis leaf. At the time I had long since given the stuff up, however that symbol holds significance to me in that it reminds me of free will everyday. It reminds me that I have basic fundamental human rights that I defend for myself and others without fear.

The second tattoo I have from about 15 years ago is a self designed eclipse. Sure it's a nice design, of course I designed it myself, however again there is hidden meaning in that, regardless of how small or insignificant you may feel at times throughout your life there is and will always be opportunity for you, be it by chance or design, you've just gotta be persistent.

I've been thinking for a while now of getting another one. A Phoenix, I'll spare you the details.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've got 11 tattoos and planning on getting the tree of life as a back piece. My Tats range from aztech grim reaper to purple and turquoise sunflower. Koi fishes, black widow spider tribal, nautical stars, black panther, crosses and kanjis lol

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
aww come on people where's your ATS spirit? I posted mine!

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

edit on 3-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have some tats, knotwork as my fav. I plan on more soon, but instead of at a shop will be myself and an in-law(whose already done some) to work on the next projects, sleeve, etc.
I believe I've posted at least one tat pic here before, see if I can find it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
thanks for contributing. guys (and girls)! - I am still kind of trippin about the Air Supply dude, who would have thought?!

Dean - in answer to your question: of course! i have a few:

I got a unicorn back in the late 80's, because they were a popular tattoo to get at that time, and i was young and didn't really think about being original and NOT just choosing flash off the wall and/or getting something that was "trendy" - lol. But then later in my late 20's, i got it added to, so my left shoulder blade is a fantasy themed type tattoo, with a unicorn, a crescent moon, a planet, a silhouette castle on a rocky moutain off in the distance... i still intend to get it added to even more later.

i also have a dragon on my belly above my belly button... and his tail comes down and wraps around my belly button. he is blue and purple.

i also have a treble clef with a rose through it on the inside of my left ankle and on the outside of my ankle it says "Enchanted" - i got that tattoo after i had taken my daughter to her first concert with me, which happened to be Stevie Nicks, the Enchanted tour.
- initially here i had a little heart that i tattooed on myself in high school using a needle, thread and india ink, i got it covered up with the treble clef.

(this one i can actually post a picture here, the others i will have to wait as i dont have any at this very moment): On my right leg... i have a harley davidson bar-and-sheild on the top of my foot. with a rose vine that comes up from my foot, wraps around my ankle and then goes up my leg where there is two big roses and a skull. the skull has a pink goatee and "CFH" on his forehead... right next to the top rose it has Dimebag Darrell's (who was a friend of mine) name tatted on. It reads "DIMEZ" - he actually put it there for me in sharpie and my tattoo artist tattooed it on for me. The CFH stands for Cowboys From Hell - a Pantera thang. and Dime was/is known for his pink goatee (RIP Dime!) The first pic here was taken in the tattoo chair the day i was getting it tattooed on. You can see that down the side of my leg it also says "Phillip" (Phil Anselmo also signed my tat), but i didnt get Phil's signature tattooed on, only Dimes. And in the second pic you can see the lower part of the tat with the harley bar-and-sheild since i dont have any shoes on and in the first one i do.

Most of my work was done at Randy Adams Tattoo Studio in Fort Worth, Texas. But I also had work done by Dago in Houston, Tx, and a friend of mine named Tony, who worked at a shop called Tantalizing Tattoos in Arlington, Tx (he is no longer at that shop)

let me know if the pics don't show up for y'all.
Will post pics of the other tats as soon as i take em and upload em.

again, thanks for contributing. look forward to hearing and seeing more

edit on 3-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

a celtic knot of some sort is what i want next. i do not know what, or where i wanna put it yet, though. but i LOVE celtic knots.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

My avatar is one of the two that I have.

edit on 3-8-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

NICE! and if you don't mind my asking, does it have some special significance to you? in my experience, most tattoos have a personal, special meaning to the person who got it - even if it is just that you got it at a certain point in your life. At first glance, my first thought is that you are a Leo? Great tat, by the way!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

oh thats hot! and good idea to use for an avatar
:::wheels start turning:::

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yes, I'm a Leo, and the key was for a complimentary tattoo my wife was going to get that had a heart shaped locket on it. The image also has some religious meaning as well which sort of explains how the lion is behaving. Finally, I was named after someone who's famous for dealing with lions. It's a multi-purpose tattoo I suppose.

I also have a cross on my left arm/shoulder. It's a bit Gothic.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I'll get a photo of mine today, and post it later. I had a necklace and matching earrings in sterling silver made to match it.

It's a very special knot to me.....

Des

Here it is...approx 4" high by 3" wide....sorry photo is large, need to learn how to make it smaller on ATS...

edit on 4-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I had a necklace and matching earrings in sterling silver made to match it.

That's a really neat idea. Very cool. Nice tattoo.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I always liked how lower leg tattoos looked when they wrapped down to the feet and ankle. You've got a lot more ink than I probably every will get.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Tattoos used to be rebellious, underground, and cool. I got two in the early 90's, but I often wish I hadn't, now since tattoos are just a big pop fashion, or freak maker, people like Lil' Wayne and Kat Von D and others like them, just want to make themselves freaks, and then pop fashion like Lady Gaga, and Miley Cyrus, I'm suprised Martha Stewart and Oprah haven't gotten them now. All the air of rebel, and cool, and edge is gone now, it's now like a permanant Crackjack lick-em stick-em tattoo.
edit on 4-8-2011 by tom502 because: misspell

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

so... uh... what are your tattoos, tom?

i do understand your point, by the way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join