It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Needed: Lawyers, LawSchool Students, and LSAT experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm feeling kind of hopeless at this point in time about my LSAT score. Yesterday I lowered the time for my practiced Tests down to the mandatory 35mins. Well, this didn't help my score, in fact it has discouraged me a lot. I'm still pushing through but my highest score pushes 161 (that's 45min a section) and my lowest score is 154 (35min a section). Courses, I can not really do, as I'm going to be away for school once again in a few weeks. I've been working with a Princeton Review Book and the PowerScore bibles along with old LSATs.

I'm planning on taking the test October 1st. If I don't receive my desired score (165+) I try again in December...but I need a high score to get into a Law School that can guarantee a decent job upon graduation; furthermore, a high score can guarantee Scholarships and Stipends which will help ease the burden of the costs. A lot rides on this score, and it's kind of getting to me.

If anyone has tips, helpful information, or just kind words of encouragement, please contribute...I would find it to be very helpful.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Im in the same boat kinda fella but im on my degree course, Im not trying to discourage you from gaining a degree but if your finding it hard to even pass the exams to get a placement imagine what the second year is going to be like.

I got a fairly rude awakening call when I hit my second year the work goes from being moderate to needing alot of time and patience.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

Hahaha, that's the opposite of my problem. It's just this exam...

All the law courses I have taken, I ace with ease. My papers are excellent, and my tests are great. It's just the LSAT that focuses on Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning (Logic Games), and Reading Comprehension. When I extend the time enough on these, I can do amazing things, but constricted time pressures me in ways that lower my score. I have no doubt that if I could get past this, the rest would be fairly simple, and trust me, I understand that law school is nothing to take lightly.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Then my firend I have no knowledge of your perdiciment it simple over here, you do your GCSE's then your ALEVELS and finally degree all in that order no sats.

I think I like my system better lol

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I can't help with the studies mate but I'll flag it and leave this bump in the hope someone sees it and gives you a dig out.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Ahh fellow student!

Practice and practice everyday. I don't really know exactly what these tests are but the more you study and practice the better you will do.

Some study tips - the more you can space your study time out the better (1 hour every day for 7 days > 10hours in one day). Doing recall exercises (recalling definitions/study notes etc) before you go to sleep and recalling the information when you wake up aids tremendously in memory. The more elaborately and distinctively you learn original information the better it is retained in memory. If you can interconnect your knowledge you will recall it easier. Deep processing (semantic encoding - emphasizing the meaning) is better than shallow processing.

I am personally struggling in school myself and one of my biggest issues is my ability to maintain a positive attitude and really focus. So any thing else that you can do in between studying that boosts your mood (friends, fun, meditation, healthy meals) is a huge plus.

For you future also remember, especially since you are going to be a lawyer, make and maintain relationships with people because you never know what opportunity will present itself in the future from your network.

It is going to be a tough, and require personal sacrifice so always remember your goals while never forgetting who you are in the present.

I wish you the best, I will pray for you!

Good Luck~

new topics

top topics

join