It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With the recession getting worse day by day will the US withdraw overseas bases?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If the economic crisis become worse day by day will the US dismantle it's foreign bases? I mean remember seeing a thread that speaks about the possibility of reducing the pay of soldiers in Afghanistan. I'm well aware that the Military Industrial Complex and other politicians will fight tooth and nail to prevent this from happening but if things go even more worse I don't think they will maintain the American Empire if they are under heavy pressure.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
They should have done already. As a UK citizen that's what angers me most these past few years, that while the price of everything is rising at home and there are cuts going on all over the place they always seem to have enough money to attack countries who are no threat to us whatsoever. That's where the cuts should be going on, put the money back in the pocket of the little man.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The fascists will let riots break out and allow mass starvation at home before they shut down their military bases. No chance at all of withdrawal.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
not a chance.

the US military is hardly there to protect Americans, it is the police for the Elitist Banksters/ Military Industrial Complex/ TPTB/ etc.

take a look at all the black projects (i.e. Michael Schratt's research) and they are not hurting for $. They can be funded 10x over with these people backing them.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
stars for each post above mine. heaven forbid the gov't ever show an ounce of good sense and judgement. sick, sad bastids they are, and the world hates the usa for it. way to go, uncle frickin sam.

top topics

join