It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The racist Tea Party terrorists and their debt ceiling win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
As I read and watch all the news on the debt ceiling and the huge tea party victory I have to stop and wonder..
Not only WHAT they have won since Obama got his ceiling raised, we're STILL going to get a downgraded credit score and we really have not cut anything out of the debt...

but I wonder HOW they won. The tea party candidates voted AGAINST the bill... so how do you win something when you vote against it? That's like forfeiting the championship and still getting the trophy. It makes no sense.

I would also like to know how they "held congress hostage" as so many democrats have been saying. Yeah they stood strong on their issues... so what? There are what... 435 members of congress? There are 94 tea party candidates? So they DON'T have the majority but they can hold congress hostage... another thing that makes no sense. This isn't about opinion. This is 1st grade math. If you don't have the majority you're not in charge.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Wow my head hurts. Did you actually just spend a whole paragraph arguing the validity of a title that you made up?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Yes... not much does make sense these days.
I watch Shepard Smiths fox news spot about every day to try
and keep up with the propaganda and last night I believe he said it was the "tea partiers" fault for the new "super congress" etc....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's a title I made up because everyone says the tea party members are racist and there was a new article published by al jazeera calling them true terrorists. It was meant to be sarcasm...

link   
reply to post by Athin

it's like watching pre-schoolers all fight over who gets the G.I. Joe...

link   
reply to post by BrianC

I think the title was meant in a sarcastic sense.
edit on 3-8-2011 by SnakeShot because: grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ed23f5069ac.jpg[/atsimg]

if theres one rule to live by never ever believe one word the democrats say just smile say yeah yeah whateever

let em think they know everything when they dont the joke is always on them cause aint noone that stupid anymore.

edit on 3-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Scapegoat is right. Everyone knows this is not going to work... but we can't blame Obama because he is perfect in every way. I guarantee this deal we just made pissed China off beyond belief. They know all the debt we owe them is being paid off with a devalued dollar.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
As I read and watch all the news on the debt ceiling and the huge tea party victory I have to stop and wonder..
Not only WHAT they have won since Obama got his ceiling raised, we're STILL going to get a downgraded credit score and we really have not cut anything out of the debt...

but I wonder HOW they won. The tea party candidates voted AGAINST the bill... so how do you win something when you vote against it? That's like forfeiting the championship and still getting the trophy. It makes no sense.

I would also like to know how they "held congress hostage" as so many democrats have been saying. Yeah they stood strong on their issues... so what? There are what... 435 members of congress? There are 94 tea party candidates? So they DON'T have the majority but they can hold congress hostage... another thing that makes no sense. This isn't about opinion. This is 1st grade math. If you don't have the majority you're not in charge.

They won because they changed the debate. As the media said over and over again while ridiculing the Tea Party, in the past we have just raised the debt ceiling and kept spending. For the first time, we did NOT raise it quietly, and we are talking about cuts. There's the victory.

The reason these 94 could be so powerful (I'm using your numbers without verifying them) is because there's enough of them within the Republican majority in the House to ensure that it is hard for the Republicans to pass anything without the support of the Tea Party Caucus.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I guess they changed the debate but they won nothing. It's not about how they did it. They got nothing that they wanted. We are talking about cuts yeah... but how much exactly? Not enough to make a dent at all in our debt. They are already talking about raising taxes(both sides) because they know this isn't going to work. Also... I ran a search on the numbers so not positive it's correct... but everything I looked at seemed to cite 94.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
I guess they changed the debate but they won nothing. It's not about how they did it. They got nothing that they wanted. We are talking about cuts yeah... but how much exactly? Not enough to make a dent at all in our debt. They are already talking about raising taxes(both sides) because they know this isn't going to work. Also... I ran a search on the numbers so not positive it's correct... but everything I looked at seemed to cite 94.

It very well could be 94, especially if you looked it up. I am too lazy right now to look it up myself, and I personally didn't want to be blamed for misinformation.

I think they did get something valuable...they DID get some cuts, with no immediate tax increases. Not what was wanted, not what was needed, but cuts, nevertheless. And look at how many people are talking about cuts now. Even the Democrats seem to love cuts right now, and that is definitely a victory!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
the tea party please no one has to listen to an unofficial group thats not a part of the government if they wer we wouldn t call them the tea party thats done and gone maybe a beer party its all crap now and days do you seedo you see peace at the price of death weather wer sitting playing halo of makeing butter and watching the sun cross the sky and imagineing what could be but no lie on top of lies nazies come and take and then say and we all open our hearts maybe we should top england as a sign to the world america is not england and we have a LINE

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by obzerver
the tea party please no one has to listen to an unofficial group thats not a part of the government if they wer we wouldn t call them the tea party thats done and gone maybe a beer party its all crap now and days do you seedo you see peace at the price of death weather wer sitting playing halo of makeing butter and watching the sun cross the sky and imagineing what could be but no lie on top of lies nazies come and take and then say and we all open our hearts maybe we should top england as a sign to the world america is not england and we have a LINE

Uh, not to be rude, but they ARE a part of government. They are duly elected members of Congress who have formed the Tea Party Caucus.

And the rest of that makes even less sense....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ok... I have no clue what you're trying to say Obzerver

top topics

join