It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Just a Heads up: NASA Announces News Briefing on Mars Orbiter Science Finding

page: 3
14
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

And she is the principal investigator of a new three-year, $2.4 million NASA grant to study microbial life at the edge of Greenland's receding ice sheet. She and her colleagues hope that by identifying patterns of methane production there will provide crucial context for analyzing methane plumes on Mars. As the hypothesis goes, if microorganisms leave an identifiable signature within methane plumes on Earth, then the identification of similar signatures within Martian methane plumes would be tantalizing indeed.


IU News May17th 2011

Interesting

The event will also be streamed, with a live chat available, at

NasaTv

Ustream Nasa
edit on 8/4/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)



SO: THE MISTERY OF MARTIAN METHANE...




BINGO!






edit on 4-8-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
seems to be a reasonable speculation, yes Nice call

we will find out soon enough



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What time is this happening today? Im sure it will end up being something boring, as usual



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


10 minutes



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They found water on mars...



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is flowing water during warmest months on Mars:

www.nasa.gov...




posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The potential for liquid water....a highly concentrated liquid brine. Don't go imagining rivers and streams flowing on the surface!



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How dull,listen most of us know Mars is occupied thousands of pictures show un debunkable things.

We are so beyond these trivial nasa discoveries.Its all underground where the good stuff hapens anyway.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface
 


That's the problem of following imagination, we see how boring real life is.


To some people, this (possible) discovery is very interesting, it will make many people look at Mars in a different way.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
 


Thankyou very much for apearing in a puff of smoke and attacking me in such a mean way.

I will just crawl away and die now.
edit on 4-8-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface
 


Sorry for the smoke and for what you understood as an attack, it wasn't meat as one.


You see, I have seen thousands of photos from Mars, and I haven't ever seen anything that needed to be debunked, only natural looking (although a little strange) features.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Gee, I thought ArMap was being as courteous as possible.
and he even had a smiley face in his post.

Sensitive topic. I guess



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface
 


Personally, I find the discovery of liquid water flowing on Mars in the present day to be extremely interesting and exciting news.

I know that some other ATS members may not find it as exciting, but that's their problem.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People
 


It is liquid brine, and not necessarily H2O. The NASA scientist said the dark streaks are not moisture as we know water to create, he said it is something else and not sure what, but it is not liquid flowing water darkening the sand. I mean that's the part I read anyway.

I don't believe the hydrogen count is high enough to be water, it is CO2 largely, like the surface ice on Mars, Hydrogen would be the first element to escape into space there.



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Exactly it isnt even Water as we would describe it.Would you swim in a sea of Brine?



posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Some information NOT from NASA how a planet loses hyrdogen, like Venus

Venus's atmosphere is about 97.5% CO2. The other 2.5% is mostly sulfur.



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So what are we supposed to do with this announcement?

Go to mars with all of our cucumbers and make some Martian pickles?



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join