It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As President of the United States I would .....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I've been in the military, got out as an E5 in 4 years, trust me there's probably alot of people who would, especially if they know they're not going over seas to fight in the elites wars :-)

You raise a good point about the monetary system, I know I ain't got money and would love to not have to pay for stuff lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Love all those ideas!!! This is what I was looking for in this thread. Ideas. Not shooting all mine down :-P but to expand on them and put forth some of your own :-)
edit on 3-8-2011 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

To really change things in the US, we have a method that can bring about substantial change in the government and it is a democratic process.

Its a Constitutional Convention, covered by Article V of our current constitution.

If anything, that is what we need. In order to have one, we need 2/3 of the states to call for the convention.

It would require delegates from all of the states to attend and vote on a reform-overhaul plan. Once that was completed it would be submitted to the state conventions for ratification. Ratification requires 3/4 of the states. Once ratified, the newly reformed US Constitution would take effect.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp

I've been in the military, got out as an E5 in 4 years, trust me there's probably alot of people who would, especially if they know they're not going over seas to fight in the elites wars :-)

Yeah I understand where you are coming from. I was all set to do my engineering degree through a military university here in Australia but pulled out at the last minute (due to family commitments) and did it at a regular/civi university. I can understand people wanting a military career though.

You raise a good point about the monetary system, I know I ain't got money and would love to not have to pay for stuff lol.

Sell American made musical instruments online and don't overcharge on freight....you will clean up! Personally, I have been trying to buy a heap american made stuff lately and am sick of US sellers trying to charge US$400 to send something pissy like a cymbal to Australia. The whole international post thing seems too hard for most sellers

edit on 3/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Love all those ideas!!! This is what I was looking for in this thread. Ideas. Not shooting all mine down :-P but to expand on them and put forth some of your own :-)
edit on 3-8-2011 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

I guess it went over your head... If you forgot already, I just reiterated what Obama said in his campaign speeches.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Lol, no I got it I guess I just didn't have a good seguy going into the rest of my reply. Its 10pm here and I've been up since 6am out in the heat all day. They are good ideas.....we just need someone with the backbown to follow through on them :-) is it me? Id like to think so but I'm just a regular guy ;-)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Abolish free trade

social safety nets NEVER "on the tablel" for cuts

All factory farms. CLOSED. ASAP. DONE. Or you will be fined one million dollars per day if not.

Monsanto. GONE.

TSA. DONE. GONE. NOW.

US Airline security back to the days of the 'Airplane!' movie.

The Bohemian Grove MUST announce that their party is open to the general public, for free, no admission charge, including homeless people and tents, and the hosts will provide 10 tons of 5 varieties of free flowing high end liquer, or YOU WILL BE FINED ONE MILLION DOLLARS PER DAY.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Ouch!!! But if you look at it is shipped by UPS, and them and FEDEX will over charge like a @&$&$&@&$&@& lol, the USPS has international flat rate boxes. No matter the weight you pay the same, the only extra charge is for insurance.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Ouch!!! But if you look at it is shipped by UPS, and them and FEDEX will over charge like a @&$&$&@&$&@& lol, the USPS has international flat rate boxes. No matter the weight you pay the same, the only extra charge is for insurance.

Other sellers seem to be able to ship them for US$60-$90 via USPS.

When it comes into Australia I have to pay an import duty as well (I think its in the vicinity of about 30% of the gross price) which hurts but I'm aware of it so I can't complain.

The irony is that a lot of this stuff is made in Japan but it's still cheaper for me to buy it from the US if the freight isn't overblown.

/whine
edit on 3/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

How about $300 a month for ten years? Nice cap eh?

On ATS you will find many people claiming that they know who run the world.

I am no different.

It is the bankers. They own everything. Without a doubt. They have plenty of money. No sense in giving them more. What you propose is the same as mandatory rent. Should you ever move or break your contract, they'll destroy you. And upon death, they keep every penny of what you paid in addition to keeping what you paid for.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

What would happen after 10 years? New place to live? Your right on the people on ATS, but it always feels like it just saying what TPTB are doing wrong, blah blah blah. I just wanted to know what people would do if they were in charge, but the that would make us them or me TPTB wouldn't it? Then I could come on ATS and say heeelllpppppp us, were f#¢1n up!!! On a side note I was kinda curious why you zoomed your profile picture out? Totally off topic but I noticed it earlier.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

If I had a penny everytime irony strikes. Have you searched specifically for stuff sold and shipped from Japan? Is there anyone in Australia that makes good cymbals? I would totally look into changing shipping laws. Like yiu can't charge over 10% of the items value to ship but that's kinda counter to my isolationist USA idea, so maybe not totally isolationist but way more hands off when it comes to other countries problems and policies

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join