It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold you collective groan, another relaunch....pardon me a reboot @ DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
DC reboot wikipedia

The reboot of the DC Universe is an upcoming publishing event following the conclusion of the current Flashpoint crossover. It will entail changes to both the publishing format and fictional universe. Publishing changes include same day release of physical comics with digital platforms, all DC Universe titles being cancelled or restarted at a new issue 1, the former Wildstorm imprint being rolled into the greater DC Universe and a number of new titles being released to round the number of ongoing series being published on a monthly basis up to 52. It will be also accompanied by a number of in universe changes designed to make characters more modern and accessible, though the severity of the changes will vary from character to character.[1]

Let us take a look...

Justice League serves to headline the reboot. The series' first story arc is described as taking place in the past during the dawn of superheroes, about five years from the present and will detail the first meeting of the Justice League members.[6]

Batman
Much of Batman's history and timeline will remain intact. He has been already operating in secret several years before Superman's public debut. This is such that all the Robins have been accounted for and that Barbara Gordon will have spent time as Oracle and has recently come back as Batgirl. The stories will build on recent developments and Bruce Wayne will, once again, be the one and only Batman.[7]

Superman

These were billed as History Happens Now. Superman is reinstated as the world's first superhero and with a much changed status quo. His marriage with Lois Lane has never happened, he will be a bachelor and his adoptive parents have long since died. There will be an emphasis on his alien nature and how it isolates him from humanity.[10][11]

Green Lantern

The Green Lantern line will not undergo a reboot but instead build on the aftermath of War of the Green Lanterns. Sinestro once again becomes a Green Lantern taking the ring of Hal Jordan, Abin Sur's connection to the Indigo Tribe will be explained and Kyle Rayner will headline a team with members representing each of the emotional spectrum.[14]

Young Justice

These were billed as The Next Generation of Justice[16]

The Edge

These are primarily war, science fiction, western, or crime comics.

what they didnt say is that this appears to be the wildstorm label mixed in

edit on 3-8-2011 by ripcontrol because: it did it again.... I am fixing for a better post forgive me

and last on the list...

The Dark

This is the billing given to the more supernatural comics, a property which in recent years had been covered more by the Vertigo imprint.

so for some fans you should be able to enjoy new outcomes for your comics....
edit on 3-8-2011 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by ripcontrol because: pioneer of infinite crisis

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
some fan s however....

Remember that Comic-Con protest called to let the suits at DC Comics know exactly what fans thought of their planned company-wide reboot? Well, this afternoon in San Diego, that protest took place. And the first (and, for a while, only) protester was the Last Son of Krypton.

it is humorus take on what is in the background of most comic fans....

A news release

- Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's Justice League will begin its first year with an "updated secret origin reflecting DC's new initiative, giving the group a reason for coming together that it lacked when the league first appeared in 1960."

The team will ultimately boast 14 members, with the iconic core of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman.

Cyborg will also be part of the team, with Johns calling him, "the modern-day, 21st-century superhero".

and some fans..... are giving their thoughts... enjoy..

covers

and costumes...

and well...

a last link to a blog I found..... with a lot of the covers...

DCU Blog dc comics

well ill let you to your enjoyment
edit on 3-8-2011 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I wish Barbara stayed as Oracle, I find her to be much more interesting as that character. It also feels like sort of a demotion to see Dick Grayson going back to Nightwing. As Batman, it felt like he finally had his place among the A-listers. I can never see Nightwing as being on par with the rest of the Justice League.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hasn't DC "jumped the shark" by now? How many new stories can you have after all these years? The same plots keep getting recycled. The same applies to Marvel.

new topics

top topics

join