It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is in Heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Look I know this uses terminology linked to religion...but what else do we call to the night sky?

I was laying in bed last night thinking and writing as I usually do and I considered that Earth is in Heaven.

That is logical based on observation and it is a scientific fact.

Earth is within all of what we see.

A Pale Blue Dot

NASA

edit on 3-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: add link

edit on 3-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: replace url

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

That is an interesting thought. However, I believe there is a distinction between "the heavens" and "Heaven". Heaven lying somewhere outside of time and space maybe...don't really try to understand.

On a lighter note...seeing as is reached a high of 115 degrees in my area...I think earth is currently in Hell!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was hoping that heaven would be alittle bit nicer!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I could be wrong here but I think Sitchins, or someone elses theory, was that the ancients thought of the
Milky Way as being heaven.

Earth is all that we see now but who knows after we die.
edit on 3-8-2011 by SnakeShot because: grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Perhaps if you explained why YOU think Earth is in heaven from a link to a photo taken 6 billion kilometres from Earth with some audio about hydrogen and oxygen vapour on Earth leads you to believe Earth is in heaven then we might be able to better understand your perspective on this matter.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If this is heaven, I don't want to know what hell is.

I think many people take looking into the night sky for granted. I am always in complete awe and shock when I look out into that crazy gulf.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

what about the NASA photos? They clearly illustrate what the Earth looks like and the area (space) around the planet. I guess we are so used to looking at whats around us, we might fail to see we are part of it. If the other stars and planets are in heaven...then so too must we be.

It is just that we are not off the planet in order to see our place in the heavens.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: to fix wording

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
If this is heaven, I don't want to know what hell is.

I think many people take looking into the night sky for granted. I am always in complete awe and shock when I look out into that crazy gulf.

I completely agree! I only have one thing to add - I wish more people would look up at the day sky more often. Might clear up some of the confusions about things they think are "rare".

And I also agree with the poster who thinks we're in hell

And I also agree with the OP that we are technically "in heaven"

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The big island of Hawaii, now THAT'S heaven!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Maybe I should have labelled the thread... Earth is in Space?

The terminology sux and is quite confusing ....

Heaven (the word) is so loaded with other meanings...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Not at all. I think this topic has interesting possibilities for discussion. For instance. If Heaven does exist (and I do believe it does) where would it be. Another dimension, Outside the known Universe?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pandora0629

I was taught that heaven was above & below us...considering the Earth is round and we revolve around the Sun that would be correct.

It is a surreal feeling when I grasped it...or tried to!

Right now I am sitting at my desk, I am 'on' the ground. Beneath me is the other half of the Earth... the Earth is spinning and yet I am not. Then I was like, well beneath me is the Northern Hemisphere and it is night time there and they will see the Moon and Stars. I am above looking at the sunshine.

Then I started thinking about reality, yanno, especially the issue with the Earth spinning while I am not moving...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Heaven is just religious twaddle.what we are and where we are is most likely to be more interesting than a false fairy story written by con men.
edit on 3-8-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

what about the NASA photos? They clearly illustrate what the Earth looks like and the area (space) around the planet. I guess we are so used to looking at whats around us, we might fail to see we are part of it. If the other stars and planets are in heaven...then so too must we be.

It is just that we are not off the planet in order to see our place in the heavens.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: to fix wording

What about the photo showing Earth surrounded by space? There is space around Mars and every other planet in this solar system, doesnt mean heaven 'surrounds' them also. Earth is just one of many planets (with lifeforms) that shares this universe. Where might 'their' heaven be?.

THAT photo doesnt show how polluted Earth is, filled with thousands of bits of man made junk and satellites circling it. Now if we are talking about ALL space (our universe) then so long as man does not weaponise it and pollute it also then it could indeed be called heaven..
edit on 3/8/2011 by Freelancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

I was going to change the title to Earth is in Space when I saw what you had written but I am not going to do it... why?

because there are so many religious people on Earth that think they are going to go to another better place and live.. yanno... a belief that there is some where better than this.

Reminds me of Jack Nicholson movie "As good as it gets"

The Earth is beautiful...anyone spent 5 minutes today looking at the insects or flowers?? clouds etc

edit on 3-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

yes you are absolutely correct...but that space is also referred to as heaven.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

close, but no. In religious terms, this is the Terrestrial realm.

If this was heaven, A.K.A. Celestial realm, then there would be no room for the shadow of the human race, or no room for sin. And for those that have sinned, and luckily we are not in that realm yet, they would burn up before they could even do it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think it can go either way for any person. It can be your personal heaven, or personal hell, but we all die and that's it.
To the people saying there is a real heaven and hell, i'm sorry, but that's false. One life. Here, now.
Heaven and hell is your choice with the time you've been given.

top topics

join