It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NCCIC bulletin about Anonymous and LulzSec

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

NCCIC bulletin about Anonymous and LulzSec

info.publicintelligence.net

(U) This Bulletin is being provided for your Executive Leadership, Operational Management, and Security Administrators situational awareness. The actors who make up the hacker group “Anonymous” and several likely related offshoots like “LulzSec”, continue to harass public and private sector entities with rudimentary exploits and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) commonly associated with less skilled hackers referred to as “Script Kiddies”1. Members of Anonymous routinely claim to have a
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
twitter.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec
Is Anonymous testing a new DDoS tool?
edit on 3-8-2011 by cripmeister because: added link

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A link to the unclassified bulletin was posted 20 hours ago on #AnonymousIRC Twitter channel. The NCCIC (National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center) seems to have a pretty good idea what Anonymous and LulzSec are. They refer to LulzSec as "talented indiduals" with "higher levels of skill and creativity" whose attacks have the "potential to result in serious harm, particularly to Law Enforcement".

The bulletin is a good read, especially to those new to the subject

info.publicintelligence.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-8-2011 by cripmeister because: grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wait, so this is a document from "them" that says the hacktivist movement is a threat?

Sounds good! Smash the control machine

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Calling most of these people "script kiddies" is giving them too much credit.

Any of you can download LOIC and "join the raids", and it doesn't take much more know-how to attack anonymously.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I laughed at this part:

Future attacks are likely to continue but will likely remain limited in scope due to a lack of advanced
capabilities. These attacks are also likely to target the Federal government and critical infrastructure
sectors, particularly in response to publicized events relating to civil liberties, cyber security, or
allegations of censorship (online or otherwise).

No irony there
Given governments craptacular history of info-sec and event handling that's pretty rich of them to look at future attacks as being limited in scope due to a lack of advanced capabilities.

Admittedly some of Lulsec's antics are questionable they have produced. Keep going I say

brill

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is what they sent to many of the larger corporations as like a "heads up" type of thing. Towards the bottom it links places they can go to get help when being attacked by them.

Nothing really new in that document though..

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
shall we dance Dear ?

Oh the irony

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This thread needs to cross reference with This Thread - they are not the same but comments make me think some people should read it....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
reply to post by cripmeister

Calling most of these people "script kiddies" is giving them too much credit.

Any of you can download LOIC and "join the raids", and it doesn't take much more know-how to attack anonymously.

Looks like someone implied that the group are actors.
The actors who make up the hacker group
I dont understand that.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
For those of you whom support the hackers, how are you going to feel if your bank account is cleaned out to pay for the hackers' games?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilFox
For those of you whom support the hackers, how are you going to feel if your bank account is cleaned out to pay for the hackers' games?

I don't believe this has happened, nor is part of a plan to my knowledge. I did star your post as it is an interesting and thought-provoking point, although I'm not sure how grounded in reality it is. Hacktivism is a different beast to credit card fraudsters for example, just as black bloc anarchists are different to your usual protesters... there are parallels but saying they are both the same is disingenuous and wrong.

Despite the above, I would not be surprised if some people would be willing to part with their money to fund what they perceive as a worthy cause. I guess the people who joined in with the DDoS attacks were risking their money and/or freedom if caught, but it was "worth it".

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilFox

Not how Anonymous operates.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

You keep money in the bank?
Why? For the interest? Lol.

new topics

top topics

join