It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always catching the minutes changing on digital clocks..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Well seeing as how you have over 86000 chances to see the clock change every day I would just chalk this up to randomness.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Actually, it's 1440 chances. He's talking about the change of minutes, not seconds (60 x 24)

If it is literally EVERY time he looks at a clock, that soon removes the argument of randomness. If he looks at the clock for one second each time there is a 1 in 60 chance of seeing it change. Looking at a clock randomly 5 times and seeing a change every time has a probability of 1 in 777,600,000 (60x60x60x60x60)

However, the human mind has a massive propensity for both pattern seeking and exaggeration. I would be very surprised if it was every time you looked. Though even this could be chalked up to peripheral vision. Some people have exceptional peripheral vision (studies show that most peoples peripheral vision is blurry black and white, whilst most successful racing drivers have fully developed focused and in colour vision).

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by No Retreat No Surrender

I have no idea what it could be, except that maybe it's some sort of unconscious "anticipation"? Is it still happening?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You know after reading the op, i looked at the clock. It was 22:26:59. Before i had read how much it was, i noticed the minute change.

I must say.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here's an experiment for you, OP. Count how many times tomorrow you look at the clock and DON'T catch the minutes changing.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by No Retreat No Surrender

Try this at home:
get an analogue clock with a second hand different colour then the minute hand or the hour hand.
Place this clock at around 2 meter from you and seat in front. Stare now at the second hand and follow it all the time. In your head try to measure 10 minutes in time frame without taking your eyes from the second hand.
Let me know your result.
I can't tell you the outcome as my information would certainly corrupt your experience.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by No Retreat No Surrender
All my life I have never had any weird of strange experiences untill recently. Ive tried looking on the net about info on it but to totally no avail.

For the past year I have been noticeing at an instant when a minute changes on a digital clock. Like as im writing this thread now I will suddenly be drawn to the PCs digital clock a fraction before the minute changes.

Its the same for when I driving my car. Without thinking I get drawn to the digital clock on the dashboard about a tenth of second before it changes. This proves that i dont statre at clocks as im concentrating on the road.

This also happens at my mums house with her digital clock on her wall.

What is going on here?.. am i tuned into clocks? This is really happening and any insight will be appreiated.
edit on 3-8-2011 by No Retreat No Surrender because: Spelling

When I was in HS my junior year , every day for the first semester I would randomly look up and it would be 11:11....

I would never try to catch it but it was always a feeling of " look up now " and I would and it would be 11:11...

On other occassions I have noticed it with other times...but yea try and think of any kind of patterns you might do daily that may lead you to look or have the instinct to look.

Something in your subconcious is telling you to look i think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join