It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anonymous testing a new DDoS tool?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

So , following your logic we have to protest in areas made especialy for it ...

exemple : Protestors group A can only protest in area X ,area X made especialy for it, protestors can protest only if they are not too loud, and do not disturb the area, if not, the protest is considered illegal

Ok so, what is the point of the protest if we're not visible and unaudible ?
Yes, pointles

So soon we gonna get special areas to protest so this way we're sure we dont disturb anyones, makin sure we're not heard...

I repeat wtf is the point of that ?

Do you think revolutions started with the revolutionaries asking politely " is it ok Officer if we start a rebelion here ?"

Well apparently we know who is the real enemy of freedom in the thread

Go back to sleep , with your poorly constructed arguments and your uneducated hatred

Yep , fear and hatred are the results from ignorance.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

So , following your logic we have to protest in areas made especialy for it ...

exemple : Protestors group A can only protest in area X ,area X made especialy for it, protestors can protest only if they are not too loud, and do not disturb the area, if not, the protest is considered illegal

Ok so, what is the point of the protest if we're not visible and unaudible ?
Yes, pointles

So soon we gonna get special areas to protest so this way we're sure we dont disturb anyones, makin sure we're not heard...

I repeat wtf is the point of that ?

Do you think revolutions started with the revolutionaries asking politely " is it ok Officer if we start a rebelion here ?"

Well apparently we know who is the real enemy of freedom in the thread

Go back to sleep , with your poorly constructed arguments and your uneducated hatred

Yep , fear and hatred are the results from ignorance.

Exactly.. That's exactly what I was saying.
Why should we have to follow some bureaucratic b.s. and get a paper saying we can protest and reserve an area to protest? Following the system in order to speak out against it kinda sucks all the life out of the protest, nawmsayin'?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Wow you guys are desperate.
blocked/barred access, same difference.
I never said anything about asking permission, or zones. Not one thing in my post.
I said you cannot block off the business according to the laws. That means you cannot make a human chain blocking access etc. You can go in front and hold a sign shout all you want as far as I know on the subject, just not block access.

Organized protest is big business in America these days, blame huge organizations like the communist groups and "community organizers" who actually like all the registration fees and so on, it means they can monopolize over the smaller protesters.
If you guys want to piss with the big dog protestors, take it up with them. It's much the same way Plumbers and Electricians cut out the small operators with too many regulations and permits and fees etc. City Halls love it, brings in revenues. In some cities you cannot change a broken window or door without getting a permit. That is a sign of the times across the board, not singling out protestors because they need a permit.

In your pathetic attempts to put words in my post, you failed to comment on the analogy.

People standing there holding the signs shouting their protest is not the same as ddos.
If they showed up in masks and nailed their signs to the walls and parked vehicles at the doors with remote loudspeakers to shout their message all day then ran away after they set it all up, it would all get torn down, towed away and charges brought against the ones who did it. A protest in this way, like ddos, is a real lazy and cowardly interpretation of Ghandi, where avoiding self sacrifice and inconvenience takes precedence to the message.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

You still didn't answer my scenario.
What if there are so many protestors entrance is barred simply by the fact the gathering is too large. No single person is at all denying access?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Organized protest is big business in America these days,

This is dumb. Know that. How is three people a year making money off of this big business. Unless you are garnering westboro's law suits in with this.. then maybe.
edit on 5-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You still didn't answer my scenario.
What if there are so many protestors entrance is barred simply by the fact the gathering is too large. No single person is at all denying access?

Your scenario makes no sense.
There are huge rock concerts, sports stadiums etc that get huge crowds yet access is not blocked. The sheer size of the crowd does not equal an excuse to block access. If it did, the hometown fans of a sports team could block opposing fans from attending, which is not allowed under the law either even though we all know there are rabid fans who would enjoy doing it.
You seem to think mob rule takes precedence over others rights by that question.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Some information regarding protests.

1) You can protest on private property if you have the property owners permission.
2) Public sidewalks, streets, and parks are considered "traditional forums".
3) Local and state governments may set reasonable rules in a public forum, those rules can be no more expansive than is necessary to accomplish the government’s purpose and such rules can not be used to completely deny access to the traditional public forum.

general guidelines for protests

If you choose to ignore reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions and block traffic on public thoroughfares you can be arrested (or at the very least ticketed). There is nothing unconstitutional about the enforcement of generally applicable laws so long as the are enforced equally and not on the basis of the speaker’s message. Indeed, equality under the law requires that generally applicable laws be enforced uniformly even if the violators believe they had a good purpose for their action.

Individuals can, of course, be prosecuted for breaking generally applicable content neutral laws, such as trespass and disturbing the peace, even if they do so for expressive purposes. This is a different situation than where individuals break laws because they consider the laws themselves to be unconstitutional or otherwise illegal (e.g. sitting at a segregated lunch counter). In many of this latter category of civil disobedience cases an individual’s actions can be defended based on the argument that the law the individual broke was itself illegal.

TinfoilTP, I may agree with you on some of your views. I will say this. This tool in itself is not illegal or evil. It (as well as other tools such as LOIC) can be used for good (server hardening, calling attention to vulnerabilities and thus helping to get said vulnerability to be patched, etc..). I have a friend that is an IT professional in a very large company that serves information regarding the world's stock markets and he uses tools like these to test his company's security.

If you ever heard the saying " Guns don't kill people. People (using guns) kill people." This is kind of like that. Without judging intent, the tool appears to be at the least very interesting.

AVan, any answers or comments on my prior post in this thread?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Great news.

Hope this keeps the feds sweating

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here's my protest permit form in triplicate, dude:

(no offense meant, well maybe just some scorn...
)

PS: Go Chile!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join