It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anonymous testing a new DDoS tool?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by drakus

I'm not here to argue definitions or semantics with you. If you can get on ATS, you can get to a search engine.

Not a single arrest is acceptable. This new tool should come with a bold warning and step-by-step guide.

None of which nullifies the fact that there were no mass arrests, there were some arrests.
Which was what I was challenging.

I agree that even ONE imprisonment is innacceptable.

I do not know HOW it is distributed, I don't know if there are IRC channels where such topics are discussed between "noobs" and others with more experience, I don't know if there are forums where such topics are discussed in-depth.

I suppose that if you get this software, you ALREADY KNOW what is it used for, and what risks it carries.
And, in any case, it's the USER's responsibility to understand how a tool works, this ain't high-school...
(and, again, common sense would indicate some degree of risk with the use of this soft, wouldn't it?)

Cheers.
Drakus

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan
for thoses who know coding, just look and tell me its not a cheap code

seriously not a cheap code but far from complete (as you told us). Is this written in c++?
But this is another flooder, where´s the sql injection and do I make the right assumption that the new tool is only usable when anon provides the target unlike LOIC, where you can define your target by yourself.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If that code was in fact part of XerXeS (which I doubt), wouldn't a patch be made and servers patched?

According to the Jester who said a wile ago, that was not the 0day that he uses.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

Erm...that's nothing revolutionary. It's just makes 8*48 threads at a time using a sockets to connect to the webserver and hopefully overwhelm it...When one thread's connections complete, it dies and another one is spawned. This doesn't prove anything, it'd be a pretty crappy webserver to be brought down by that alone, so unles you're excluding functions that actually do something else, I'm not impressed.

That's just a tiny piece of Xerxes, by the way, which explains why I couldn't discern anything special about the code.

www.thehackernews.com...

reply to post by Laxpla

DoS isn't really so much hacking as it is overwhelming a webserver, there's only so much you can do to prevent it...such as using a content distribution network or automatically blocking IP addresses that hit your server X times in X (milli)seconds, and other methods of detection and dropping packets.
edit on 3-8-2011 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

Also, while I think the majority of Anons are normal folks and not government false flag agents, I think they've been infiltrated, if at the least not being used since it's so disorganized for false flag attacks. Really anyone government or not can do some sort of attack and then just blame the anons because there are multiple subfactions, etc...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Are you really sure its not a part of Xerxes ?

I can triple confirm its the source code, but i better not post it here, i madesome tools with it, for some fun.
Anyways, xerxes is now really an obsolete piece of software, but anyways, it explain why we discarded it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

ah im glad we agree, see, i dont even understand why everyones is just running screaming "herp derp, xerxes iz teh ultimate hack tool"
Glad to see someone with an educated opinion

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Laxpla

Are you really sure its not a part of Xerxes ?

I can triple confirm its the source code, but i better not post it here, i madesome tools with it, for some fun.
Anyways, xerxes is now really an obsolete piece of software, but anyways, it explain why we discarded it.

Are you really sure it is? The source is public, I've seen it too. In all honestly, I don't think it is it.

I'm not the most computer savvy guy, but I do know a few things. I'm just watching from the sidelines and see how everything unfolds with Anonymous and Web ninjas and jester, and to be honest its kind of entertaining on what people can do with a computer.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

Interesting tool to say the least.

So is this DoS or DDoS?

I have heard release is set for mid to late August for people who want to donate Bitcoins and early to mid September for the non-donaters.

Is it true that Sabu is gonna release it beforehand?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
j35t3r said it aint released and never will. I googled a snippet and it came up with the whole sourcecode, declared as fake. So what now?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Can't trust Anonymous. They're like, what happens if you put a whole bunch of dudes with autism in one room and give them a computer equipped with Photoshop.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
What ever happen to having a army of ddos bots in irc rooms or are those days dead if you know what you are looking at you can make a program that would cripple computers with injecting the site with some code and taking down a network ive had ideas of how to cripple the worlds internet in theory it would work but is it worth it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Sorry but the jester said a lot of BS, and about the source,anybody can claim it never been released....

Damn, not anyone here heard about reverse engineering ?

and to be totaly honest , he never been the author of XerXes

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Some serious illegal activity being discussed in this thread.

It looks like Anon have to ramp up their attacks to get the internet censorship regulations moving faster in the world governments. If they don't ramp it up, they will be off the radar with the threats from China, and people can't equate personal loss of freedom with govt. vs govt. cyber war.
More of their kids need to get attacked, their credit cards defrauded, and more autistic teenagers need to get arrested to slam the message home.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Some serious illegal activity being discussed in this thread

Yes, discussed, but as you can see, not commited
We can discuss about it, free speech , Komrad

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not really...

You can legitimately use DoS tools as an administrator to test your load capacity on your own servers, for instance...

Furthermore, even posting the code, let alone having it isn't illegal and it doesn't implicate anybody.

People are somewhat ignorant for the most part about computers and how they and the laws around them work. For most people, their ipad, laptop, desktop, phone, etc are just "magic boxes" that for some reason do what they tell them. If something breaks they have to call a "wizard" to exercise the "demons"...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Some serious illegal activity being discussed in this thread

Komrad

Free speech includes critics.

The only place you will find free speech is in the very western nations you guys are attacking, not anyplace where they call each other Komrads.

If you must be a critic of the west, which is your right, why don't you do it legally?

We all know what is being discussed in this thread, tools to continue breaking laws so that new laws can get ushered in.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Tinfoil, seriously, you're trying to prove something here ?

Let say im talking about guns, and show how to build a gun , and show incomplete schematics, what you are goin to do, report me to a mod ?

get a grip on reality, nothing i said is goin against ATS T&C but you would love to get me banned because im defending Anonymous

I saw most of your posts in Anonymous threads, they're all the same posts, you're just spewing continuous uneducated opinions.

Yes , we know you hate Anonymous, but please, stop embarassing yourself with your useless posts, you're not even contributing to the thread , except with your constant hatred.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Would you be for or against thousand of protesters gathering at the doors of a fed bank blocking the entrance to raise awareness for a cause?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Would you be for or against thousand of protesters gathering at the doors of a fed bank blocking the entrance to raise awareness for a cause?

Against.
If they barred peoples entrance it is illegal. Doesn't matter if they used human bodies, bulldozers or ddos.

If they came out to protest to voice their opinions in front of an establishment without barring entrance I would be indifferent except to say that at least they are out in the open to be questioned by all sides of public opinion not some faceless masked entity with precanned slogans imposing their will in disregard to public opinion.

People standing there holding the signs shouting their protest is not the same as ddos.
If they showed up in masks and nailed their signs to the walls and parked vehicles at the doors with remote loudspeakers to shout their message all day then ran away after they set it all up, it would all get torn down, towed away and charges brought against the ones who did it. A protest in this way, like ddos, is a real lazy and cowardly interpretation of Ghandi, where avoiding self sacrifice and inconvenience takes precedence to the message.

edit on 4-8-2011 by TinfoilTP because: for clarity

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Didn't say they barred it. I said blocked it. Anyway.. nevermind then you are foolish and I hope there aren't many Americans like you. Unfortunately there probably are.

We have a right to protest. When it was written they didn't mean you have a right to protest as long as you don't make anyone mad and only protest in a little space off to the side and got a paper saying you could first.

It meant when sh*t got bad you got together in a place where you couldn't be ignored.
They have manipulated our right to assemble to keep the message hidden and protestors out of sight so people don't hear the message.

edit on 5-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join