It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-agency armed raid hits Rawesome Foods, Healthy Family Farms for selling raw milk and cheese

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Pasteurization eliminates bacteria from the substance heated to just below boiling, it does nothing to the substance after it is cooled and handled by others....

I feel and AM a lot safer drinking milk from a dairy where ALL the cows are tested and certified diesease free by a vet on a routine basis.

I feel and AM a lot safer drinking milk from a dairy that makes sure no contact is made with foreign cattle. (A closed herd with new members undergoing quarrantine and testing)

I feel and AM a lot safer drinking milk from a dairy where the milk is carefully screened for pathogens before bottling and sale.

For some reason "Raw Milk" makes the ignorant think someone sat on a stool and squirted the milk into a bottle and then sold it where nothing could be further from the truth.

This is what the FDA gives us in California now.

A chart shows how USDA cut back testing after WTO was created and addressed farming in1995.

Note the significant drop in testing!

Summary of Tuberculosis Surveillance in California Cattle
# of Cattle Tested........1995.....1996 .....1997.......1998......1999.. ...2000.......2001
By Health Officials....10,576....5,100.....2,861.. .. 3,530.....1,425. ...1,967.......2,500
By Private Vets..........15,921...17,100...19,930.. .18,189...22,863. .19,930.....19,587
at Slaughter.....................39..........58.........64...........39..........58..........64......... 385

Testing has been cut to one tenth what it used to be while Mexican Cattle with Tuberculosis are shipped live over the border with no testing.

Additionally, it is anticipated that both New Mexico and California will lose their TB “free” status in 2008, from AGENCY STRATEGIC PLAN: FOR THE FISCAL YEARS 2009-2013 PERIOD BY TEXAS ANIMAL HEALTH COMMISSION

Excerpts from government publications about bovine tuberculosis

“For Mexican Feeder Cattle in Effect April 1, 2002... Dr. Logan. pointed out that, in the early l900s, nearly five percent of U.S. cattle herds were infected with TB. Today, she said, the disease is extremely rare in U.S. herds. However, more TB-lesioned cattle are being detected at slaughter, and ear tags indicate that many of these animals are of Mexican origin.” www.tahc.state.tx.us/news/pr/2002/302TBMx.pdf

“Cattle crossing facilities on the U.S. side of the border are operated primarily by private firms (in Arizona and Columbus, NM) and the Texas Department of Agri- culture. However, at Santa Teresa, NM, Chihuahuan cattle producers operate both sides of the cattle port-of-entry”
www.ers.usda.gov/publications/Agoutlook/june2001/AO282d.pdf

“The high prevalence of bovine tuberculosis in Mexican cattle was discussed. A multiagency investigation in New York city identified 35 cases of human M. bovis infection. Fresh cheese from Mexico was identified as the likely source of infection” (Winters et al., 2005). www.nzfsa.govt.nz/science/riskprofiles/FW0320_Mbovis_in_meat_final_May_2006.pdf

edit on 3-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
pasteurised milk is safer, thats a fact. you know what people who argue against facts are dont you?
food laws usually have a pretty good reason behind them. this farm was talking short cuts to make more money whilst endangering their customers.

Here's what you get from mega-processors, additives, preservatives, USDA and FDA labels, and government inspectors:

Meat giant Cargill Inc. is recalling nearly 36 million pounds of ground turkey linked to a California death and at least 78 other salmonella illnesses nationwide, company officials said.
...The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the Class I recall, with the highest health risk, late Wednesday

www.msnbc.msn.com...

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
These cops always say they're just "following orders". Someone should point out that the Nazis were too. Globalist corporate scum.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

whats that got to do with the price of fish?
ps. whats with the bold txt's?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

That's a good point. RBST was never allowed in Canada because it was proven to be a toxin.

Now it all makes sense. Americans have to drink pasteurized milk because they load up their cows with toxins on industrial farms

nice point. so why is unpasteurized milk ILLEGAL in Ontario? even farmers are NOT ALLOWED upon pain of being shut down and fined, to even drink their OWN COW'S MILK raw? forget about letting someone else have some. just one of the reasons my relatives got out of being dairy farmers. that and all the other governmental BS.

personally i'd rather have raw milk then the crap that's sold with things like "vitamins" added in.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
reply to post by jdub297

whats that got to do with the price of fish?

The Cargill plant adheres to the highest government standards, thoroughly processes their products, subjects everything to "quality control," passes government inspections, and every one of the 36 million pounds of meat was "USDA approved."

It still kills and sickens people.

Your blind faith in food police and fear of nature are misplaced and have clouded your thinking.
Pasteurization, itself, guarantees nothing.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

These cops always say they're just "following orders". Someone should point out that the Nazis were too. Globalist corporate scum.

You are more correct than you know. The orders do not come from within the USA they come from the World Trade Organization.

In 1913 Congress handed our money and economy to the Central Bankers in Europe. In 2010 Congress handed our food system to the world Ag Cartel (World Trade Organization)

The "Food Safety Modernization Act" just being passed in December 2010 g0es in effect 2012.
The new law includes the following section:
SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
www.fda.gov...

Now instead of having food "Safety" we have "Risk Assessment" HACCP and inspectors checking paperwork not food and NO TESTING!

Legislators overlook serious flaw in USDA’s HACCP food-safety system—while promoting its adoption by FDA

...the agency made the following enticing promises:

* "Under HACCP, the agency will implement a ‘Hands Off' role in meat inspection.
* "Under HACCP, the agency will no longer police the industry, but the industry will police itself.
* "Under HACCP, the agency will disband its previous command and control authority.
* "Under HACCP, each plant will write its own HACCP Plan, and the agency cannot tell plants what must be in their HACCP Plans."

As a result, the plant operator was required to identify potential hazards and the critical points in the process where those hazards could come into play. The plan would then identify procedures that would be used to minimize the hazard risk at those control points. The plant would be responsible for the implementation of the plan.

As a result, the inspector was no longer responsible for what was happening on the plant floor: that was left to company personnel.

The new role of the inspector was to make sure that plant personnel were carrying out their duties in a manner consistent with the HACCP plan. In many cases this amounted to making sure that all of the paper work was in the proper order

..... mfu.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Troll watch....
OH! Innocent me with my pretty little innocent avatar!
You can't communicate with a troll.
If people can't see through this tyranny, what can you do for them?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

and sometimes outbreaks come from sabotage

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

James is now being held at the Pacific division police department at Centinela and Culver in Los Angeles. He is being held at $123,000 bail with no possibility of using bail bonds. Law enforcement has demanded that if he comes up with the money to cover bail, he must disclose to them all the sources of that money. (This is an illegal demand!)

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

I took this from the noted source by the OP....Why hasn't this been mentioned, other than by the poster that said he knows James personally?

Why the big interest in how come James has so much money around? As stated by the poster that said he knows James, some of the money is from the private donations to be a member of the Food Club...maybe there was business that needed to be conducted to pay bills, and such. Maybe the guy just doesn't like banks, like a lot of us here. Why must he disclose the sources of his cash if he does come up with the bail money....that is just police state bull crap.

As for raw eggs, milk, creme, fresh beef...all good sources of protein...no added hormones or Monsanto/DuPont
chemicals....wow
...brain cells might just start to reproduce and we would be even more difficult to control without all the additives. I too am one of those that can't drink processed milk...prefer Almond or Rice Milk.

Here's an example of wasting my money...my daughter wanted milk for her cereal and went to 7/11...the expiration date for the milk was 8/5/11. It was in the refrigerator and we didn't open it until 7/31/11. The smell and the chunks....YUK!!! The milk was bad and I was out $4...the guy at the store could care less. Pasteurized smasturized...This is another reason I won't drink it. Our bodies need the bacteria to digest properly...if you drink milk or eat cheese or yogurt.

I wish this man all the luck and if I could bail him out I would...just know that I stand behind him/our rights as Americans to make our choices without being dictated to by a government that wants no more than to control us. If we do not comply...they would rather see us dead...that is something I can not fathom.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Raw milk is legal in California thank goodness. As a raw milk drinker myself, who has done my research I trust raw milk over pasteurized. I would much rather drink high standard milk from healthy cows free to graze on grass, that the low standard milk from sickly cows that are stuck in tiny stalls standing in their own waste and feed god knows what like you get with pasteurized. Pasteurization began because people were getting sick from milk from cows kept in poor conditions. Milk from cows raised in humane conditions does not need to be pasteurized.The invention of pasteurization only led more inhumane treatment of dairy cows. How healthy do you think your milk really is, if the cow is kept in such deplorable conditions that it needs to be pasteurized? Not very!
Pasteurization also is the cause of lactose intolerance. Most people with lactose intolerance and drink raw milk just fine.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Raw Milk in the US

Take note the mid to bottom of the scroll and why Maine has removed their farms from this list.

I continue my research and will post....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Where to find Raw Milk around the World:

Raw Milk Global

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Rawesome Foods, the place in question here, is located in Venice, California. It was FDA, USDA, CDC and officers from LA County Sherriff's Office that raided the farm. The three arrested, are being held in a jail in California.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Raw milk

This is where I get my raw milk. Head to the FAQ section on their site for information on the safety of raw milk, and the history of pasteurization.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I read the article, but selling raw milk in California is still legal, so who are the real criminals here?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

You are so right about our brains becoming clearer once all the sludge is removed. lol. the Nazis used some of the same compounds that are in our foods today, to make people complacent and obedient.

edit on 3-8-2011 by highpriestess because: our... not are. duh!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

I read the article, but selling raw milk in California is still legal, so who are the real criminals here?

right. i see your point. i am thinking since the FDA, USDA and CDC were involved - the arrest is for a federal crime. I know that they are making a huge deal about this guys money, and the charges are - don't laugh - CONSPIRACY. So, they may not be arresting them citing the actual raw milk as the source of the crime, but they are surely shaking this guy down to convince him to stop with the raw milk and organic foods. either way, it is disgusting, and you are right ... who are the REAL criminals here.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is an important article regarding raw milk.

Article Regarding Lactose Intolerance and Raw Milk

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Step out of line and the iron gloved fist will crush you. How many times do the words police state need saying before America stands up to fight?

The US Government is as bad as those "oppresive regimes" it is trying to "free people" from in the middle east.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join