It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Darkest Hour (new 2011 sci fi film)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

pretty cool way of showing what would happen if extra-dimensional beings invaded us

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
cool, thanks a lot. this type of movies is my favorite.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Even the doctor couldn't reason with them, damn! They just took over.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

www.youtube.com...

kind of like what the guy has to say at 8:30...?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Now that looks Bad Arse!!!!!! I got to watch that one.

That's how I always envisioned our invasion.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

AWESOME! I haven't even heard of this movie until now, thank you!! I can't wait to see it.

However, I don't think extra-dimensional beings would actually be that hostile...

...all we can do is wait to find out, I suppose.

What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Why do these sorts of movies always start with aerial views of large, brightly-lit cities and then people partying and drinking?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

pretty cool way of showing what would happen if extra-dimensional beings invaded us

Extra dimensional or extraterrestrial ??

It says "they are not from our world"

That makes them extraterrestrial

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

Makes you wonder what's up with all the extraterrestrial invasion movies. Why are the majority of these movies depicting them as being malevolent?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

this looks amazing, love these kind of movies, the invisable man strikes again lol

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by jyze420

Makes you wonder what's up with all the extraterrestrial invasion movies. Why are the majority of these movies depicting them as being malevolent?

because its all brainwashing, when they do come, they want people to be aggressive and ignorant, its biased in a way, I mean some films have their share of good aliens

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by onewithall

Well they have to be evil otherwise there's no point in making a film about them.
Isn't that right Hollywood.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I like the look of this, add to the fact that I was so surprised by Wanted, (That looked a bit, Meh on trailers).
Interesting concept with the invisible enemies, can they hold the entire film?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
anyone think all these alien invasion films that come to rise is "preparation"? after WW3 the US will stage an alien invasion with project bluebeam? defeat the "aliens" and then form a one world government? nwo?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

The only thing it seems you've been prepared for is when aliens do attack us, you will believe it's not real and that the Gov are faking it.

Can you imagine? We really are being invaded and half the world thinks it's fake. lololol

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The greyhaired Producers sat stony faced across the ridiculously long board room table. The young writers opposite from them sweated noticeably "Our script is called 'Invasion'" gulped writer one. "It'll be like battle for LA meets day after tomorow" sputtered writer two. "Hmmm, that sounds like it will involve a lot of expensive CG" said the head producer. "Our studio is broke right now, which is why we've been green-lighting mainly romantic comedies with unknown actors."

"Oh." said writer two clearly downtrodden. "B-but our aliens are just made up of electricity and half of the time they are invisible." retorted writer one. "I'm listening." purred the producer. "Yeah they are invisible most of the time and we can save money in other ways by only showing the after effects of the disasters. We can steal scenes from that zombie movie where those cars were all sitting unoccupied in the middle of the road." said writer one gaining confidence now. "Yeah that was a real powerful scene, did you see it?" added writer two. "No... I don't like movies. But go on." Said the producer.

"Well we could shoehorn in some allegory about energy consumption. No maybe not seems a bit cynical." said writer one more to himself than anyone else. "No no we love cynical here at inescapable box productions. But the name is no good... Hmm how about 'darkest hour'? It's clever because there wont be any power, get it?" mused the head producer as his underlings jockeyed for best forced laugh. "Sign here and here to sell us your souls and give us full merchandising rights."

edit on 14-9-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That's funny. And a little true.

But I think this movie is going to be epic, all the same. I know I'm gonna watch it. Anything to wash the stigma of "Skyline" away from memory. "Battle LA" was pretty good though.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Yea I'll probably watch it just because you don't see a lot of American films set in Moscow. I'll be preparing my face for cringing at 20 year out of date references to Russians being communists though. Also most likely some really bad Russian accents.

When I see a trailer which presents a movie as "epic"(im starting to hate that word) I just think the studio is saying "well we couldn't find any decent writers so here's some flashing lights and whiz bang sound effects to entertain you for an hour and a half."

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This looks awful?

Seriously.... the cast look and sound really annoying, it seems to be (like most movies) CGI over substance... and lots of noise and action must mean that it's good.

I would save your money people.
edit on 14/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
This looks awful?

Seriously.... the cast look and sound really annoying, it seems to be (like most movies) CGI over substance... and lots of noise and action must mean that it's good.

I would save your money people.
edit on 14/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Yea I've gotta agree with you on the cast thing. Who is meant to relate to these people? Certainly not real life jet setting clubbing trustfunders because they are too busy clubbing and jet setting to go to theaters.

Personally this just screams 'let down' to me. Too late to be a summer blockbuster, cast of z-list 'up and comers' who we will probably never see again and the kind of genre mixing that assures you it will succeed in precisely none of the areas it intends to. Just seems like a move made to fill the gap between summer movies and the ones people are actually waiting for in the fall/winter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join