It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you delete your own account and posts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I had posted a message to this board several months back, inquiring as to how I would delete my account. First, I was U2U'd by a moderator, indicating that my post had been moved to a moderator forum. I asked what would be done with said post. I was told nothing, and then I again asked how I would delete the account. Again, the question was dodged. I became impatient with my request for information, and was told that if I didn't stop asking I would be banned.

Seriously. I still have those godawful U2U's.

Lesson learned:
Folks, this website is for user-generated content, first and foremost. It was not developed in an effort to save, enlighten, or educate the world. Instead, the advertising attracted by ATS content generates revenue for a small, or perhaps large, organization, without paying hoards of journalists and self-proclaimed writers. You want the website of your anti-NWO dreams? Develop it. This ain't it. Stop expecting concern for your privacy and get over it. Post accordingly.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by James1982

I believe once you post - it belongs to ATS in its original state. You might be able to have your account "closed", but anything you put online should be considered public property. Thats just basic good advice. If you don't want it out there, don't put it out there.

I might be wrong as to how ATS stands on the issue, but thats what I believe, and agree with.

Thats very good advice, its hard to please everyone in the online writing world and sometimes for trying to redeem myself I end up getting embarrassed and want to remove things. I will be watchful of that.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I don't really mean to be offensive to You here, but Actually wanting to work in an Intelligence Field, doesn't seem very Intelligent to me. Or do You mean In an Int Field Not tied to the Gov of the U.S.A.? For a private firm maybe, but our Gov? Juss Sayin' Syx.

<< 1   >>

join