It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Today is Thursday 4th Aug

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Could it be possible that the planet is inching closer to the Sun making our orbit shorter. The distance we travel around the Sun would not take 24 hours in that case, let's say only 23 hours and 59 minutes.? Is this even possible?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The days do indeed seem to be going back rather quickly for me. Not only are they going by rather fast, but they are also making me quite nervous. Its almost like if something is going to happen but you dont know when and you are just kinda wating for anything to strike any minute. Maybe we are conditioning ourselves to just prepare for any sudden change wether it be a ELE or a natural catastrophic event. I am also in a rush to read as many books as i can, travel as many places as i can, and just enjoy what i like as much as possible.

Perhaps, im just trying to get as much knowledge to help me in whatever awaits me in the afterlife. (if its even needed at all!)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It would be very interesting, at least for me (Research), to compare, hmmm don't know the Word ,

The People who claim that the Sun is not where she have to be -
how many of them think that the Time runs quicker?

And the People who say the Sun is on her right Spot and the Time runs as "usual"!

For me the Time is running toooooooooo fast

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Time is a man-made entity used to define a sequence of events starting at point a and ending at point b. The passage of time depends upon a persons perception of a moment or group of moments at any given juncture within the timeline (represented by point a and point b). The perception of the passage of time can be altered by either a seperated or combined realization of our conscious and/or unconscious. The simple fact that you have recognized a sped up or slowed down perception of time only leans to your conscious and/or unconscious awareness and acknowledgement of the passage of said time.

A minute is still 60 seconds, an hour is still 60 minutes and a day is still 24 hours.

-saige-

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

To correct you, our orbit or revolution around the sun takes ~365 days.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_orbit

The earth takes ~24 hours to complete a rotation.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_rotation

-saige-

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I always subscribed to the belief that time seems to go faster as you get older - but probably those posting here are not so old! It certainly seems so to me as I get older. But this link throws doubt on that:

bps-research-digest.blogspot.com...

Interestingly, in the studies mentioned here, women felt time went faster than men.

Time going faster is always going to be a subjective feeling, rather than an actual thing - isn't it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I have read some where before, I believe it was on a pole shift blog, that this would happen.. but a tip that was posted was to wear a manual watch, one that wasn’t controlled by The government.. or anyone else but you.. so don’t pay attention to you computer, cell phone, cable box, even your alarm clock.. and see how the time differs.. HTH

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Are you experience an unusual concept of time? ..what do you think is causing it?..technology?

edit on 3-8-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

Age.....

And for some, most, Regret.....

As you get older, time seems to go faster....

The things you wish you would have done, the things you wish you could still do....Deep down you want nothing more than to have more time....

There is a cure for this time slip......Pain....Pain reverses your need for more time.....Pain wants time to get up and go....Get it over with.....

Your mother is aging.....So am i....I always say, "Yesterday these kids were in diapers, now they're teenagers"...

But if you ask them.....If you ask a child, time seems like it's going to last forever....To a toddler, the infant stage was so long ago they can't remember.....To a child, time dosn't move fast enough....

"I can't wait to grow up"....or, "School takes forever"...

Ask an inmate how fast time goes by....a matter of perception for certain.....

I know this may not be the metaphysical or super natural answer that you're looking for, and therefor will probably be ignored....

It is the simplest answer however, and i'd be willing to bet it's the closest to the truth...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It is not that time is speeding up, this is a misunderstanding of time. Time is an artificial construct. We have cycles, the earth rotates around the sun, but naming it a year is artificial, breaking that year into minutes, while making sense is artificial as well. Once the name gets inserted, one year or one minute, then people start working around that construct - it drives them.

What is happening is the way you experience time is changing. You will interpret that as speeding up. Those invested in the world of time, those who live their life by it, won't see much change in their perception as their perception is dictated by the ticking. Those who live life without a watch, will not be bound by the shackles of the tick tock and will indeed see the changes.

TM's view on this, as posted earlier, is spot on and easy to understand. We are the frog on the boiling pot, most don't notice that the the original ipod, hardly old, is a relic, CRT tv's are absurdly ancient and are fairly new, the list goes on.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
thank you guys for the input...you made it quiet an interesting thread..

@ OneEleven

no your post will not going to be ignored..i agree yours explanation is closest to reality....

but then im sure..that also young and relaxed ones are feeling it..

for example my boss's son..which is quiet young and quiet rich..is feeling it..

i saw a rise in people who want to know what is going on..how things work..what can happen..many are suddenly becoming more and more interested in the cosmos than ever

i'm quiet a down to earth person..so i know what im seeing is real

maybe who knows..we are in the beginning phases of becoming a type 1 civilization

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
All I know is My drive to do anything work related is gone..
I have this feeling of needing to enjoy life rather than bust my a$$, as I have done
for the last 45 years..
As for time getting faster,.. Yes it does seem like things are clipping along quicker..
I mean jez,.. it is already August..
edit on 6-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join