It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Today is Thursday 4th Aug

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
or it will be for me in few minutes...

I have this idea coming up very often about my understanding of time and how is changing.

It seems to me ..and to many others I ask..that it is clear time is going way faster than before.

I'm writing this thread on a Thursday close to another weekend...I still feel as if last weekend is still coming...time is getting quiet out of hand for me now..everything moves normally...the clock still moves normally...but still I feel as if something is going at full speed.

You rarely encounter people who doesnt agree with you about this, but many times you are offered the cause of all this...that with all the new technological life we live we do more things and thus the day looks much shorter.

I decided to carry out a little test to confirm this...I went over to my mum and asked her if she feels time getting faster than before....obviously her answer was yes..but when you think about the fact that my mother's choice of technology is the same of 20 years ago, TV and Radio, and see that the explanation given might not be 100% correct.

I dont want to loose you attention so lets go to the point..

I was always struck by an explanation of the mayan calendar which states that a sign we are getting closer to whatever they say will happen...is that humans will have a different concept of time in which it goes faster and faster day by day.

Since i liked the idea i tried to figure out what can cause this if we see time goes on normally but felt differently..in a way which maybe we cannot yet understand.

one of my ideas is that we do have a binary star as a mother star like most of the stars in the milky way..and having a look at an orbit of a binary star you will grasp the concept immediately :

the stars go further away from each other they slow...and accelerating once getting closer..

Is time being felt faster an indication of the approach of our sun's companion star?

Are you experience an unusual concept of time? ..what do you think is causing it?..technology?

edit on 3-8-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The only feeling I have of time slipping away from me is the fact that in order to survive it seems like I have to put more effort in to working instead of spending quality time with my family doing things I actually enjoy.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
The only feeling I have of time slipping away from me is the fact that in order to survive it seems like I have to put more effort in to working instead of spending quality time with my family doing things I actually enjoy.

Not sure if its because I am getting older but I feel as though time as sped up a few notches. Remember when I was a kid that the day never seemed like it would end, maybe I was just bored as a child.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

i hope for you the SHTF happens sooner than later...you'll be free

edit to add....we'll be free

edit on 3-8-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I got home last night and looked at the time, what seemed to me like 5 minutes was actually 25 minutes. Usually I'm very good at keeping track of time in my head. I was flabbergasted when I saw how much time had passed.
That's just an exemplar. I've definitely been feeling as if time is going faster.
One of the signs of the end times for Islam is that time speeds up.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
...there are lots of things that make it seem like time is moving faster - but - none really are... try living without airconditioning and running water in south texas during a summer with no rain and record breaking heat... if you can make it through a week, you will swear that it was the longest week of your life...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

its a strange feeling like..im seeing the time going on as usual..second by second..i can also count it normally...but its when you recall the time you have been absorbing that it becomes weird..and extremely fast

p.s are you sure about the Islam thing?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Right now where I am on the Pacific coast line...in Washington state .....it is still Wednesday - Aug. 3, 2011 - around 3pm...so...guess what..I have more time than you right now!.....(laughing out loud) but seriously folks....

I am glad you brought this subject up because ...starting around 6 months ago....I started to feel that time was speeding up all around me...a lot faster than usual....and yet...the way time is set up....I still have 7 days a week...24 hours a day.....why am I feeling this way...I wish I knew...can anyone explain?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Definitely seems like something is moving faster, not sure it's time persei.
Actual measurements of time are not speeding up as we still have 24 hours in a day but what I think is happening is that the manifestation period from thought to realization is shrinking, along the lines of Terrence McKenna's Time wave theory.

Technology is shrinking our world faster than we can comprehend...
Consciousness is changing - long over due IMO.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Most of the time, it is pretty zippy, especially in comparrisson to when I was a kid, but strange thing is that if I get up late, and only leave myself 15 minutes to get ready, I find time slows down, and I can make every minute productive, and count.

So I guess my answer is its relative, all down to perception of the individual .

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yeah I've experienced it for years. I've always said to people that I just feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done and some days I don't even know what day it actually is because the hours pass me by so quickly I don't even notice.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Time flies when your having fun..

Most people these days have more on there mind..

It's all perception,for instanced..spend a week in London or New York,then spend a week in the deep outback or desert.....when everything around you is moving fast,you tend to get caught up in the flow of the current.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
An easy way to slow down time is to fill your schedule with a bunch of stuff you cannot stand doing. You will see time drag on forever.

Invite your inlaws over for a weekend stay or if you smoke cut down to 2 per day. Trust me that time will damn near stand still for you.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Heineken,

Good post. My roomie and I thought we were the only ones feeling this. Last week when it was Wednesday, I thought it was Thursday all day and on Friday she thought it was Saturday. I know that is not exactly what you are talking about, however time does seem to be going faster. Not just the old saying of enjoy your time as a youngster because when you are an adult it flies by. My Gram used to say that to me.

Time does seem displaced. My sleeping schedule has a monkey wrench as well. Not sure if you have had that or not.

Ainge

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have noticed that time on a daily basis seems the same, but when I look back and realise we're halfway through this year already it blows my mind. In fact it scares me a little how fast the years are going by, everyone faster than the last.

I think part of it is when you get to a certain age you sort of stop looking ahead so much, and focus more on the now, and on the past. While you're doing that time gets away from you.

Time seeming to speed up is nothing new, though it might seem like it, I remember 30+ years ago people talking about it.

edit on 8/3/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I agree with ANOK, I cannot believe it is August already!

I try to think back to all my accomplishments through the past eight months and I say to myself that I feel more like I am just barely getting out of the house, so I take a walk about and I notice there are not any excessive weeds everywhere and nothing is really growing like it used to, actually there are no weeds hardly at all.

Of course we are in a terrible drought and perhaps I should be thankful because 106 acres of weeds can get a little out of hand, so I am thankful. I just could use a little bit more rain. However, even in the areas I water or use the sprinkler systems I am not really noticing the growth of almost the entire summer, it really is just not growing.

So here I sit, time slipping by but I don't see things maturing like they used to. I have noticed that food in my fridge does not last as long (early spoilage and aging cheese) and I am threatening to replace the refrigerator because of its lack of better performance. I am half expecting to wake up with gray hair but that hasn't happened.

I do not cut my hair and my last snip was back in November, I took off about 4 inches from the bottom, my hair has not really grown that much considering we are looking at November rolling around all too shortly!

I take daily naps and I have been sleeping well, as for outdoor accomplishments they are just not happening as they should and every day seems like Saturday! LOL

I wonder if anyone has noticed facial hair or the hair on their heads growing faster or slower? Last time I shaved it was nearly two weeks ago and I barely have a mustache! I do keep a goatee but it seems to have slowed a bit.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern1Stranger

Originally posted by MJZoo

Not sure if its because I am getting older but I feel as though time as sped up a few notches. Remember when I was a kid that the day never seemed like it would end, maybe I was just bored as a child.

I chalk this up to a personal perception. Everyone seems to think the same thing the further they age, I have experienced the same thing. But I sat down one day and contemplated on it. Here is what I came up with:

When I was 2 years old, a year took for ever because it was half of my entire lifespan. When I was 5 my next birthday was still forever away because it was a whole 1/5 of the total time I have been alive. Lets fast forward to the future. The time it takes for me to change from 50-51 will be a mere 1/50th of my total experience. Do you understand what I am getting at?

Im not saying this is the answer, but it seems plausible to me.

Regarding the OP though, I too have felt some sort of change in the rate of time. I doubt its the companion star theory though, this type of change would take much longer than a few months or a few years. Nice to see someone thinking outside the box though!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i still haven't pondered the thought completely, but if it can explain anything to anyone i feel fully rested with only 3 or 4 hours of sleep now a days. it feels more to me that my mind is working over time shelling out infinite amount of thoughts causing my world around me to seem like its moving faster. in reality it may be possible the feeling is caused by massive amounts of received information and knowledge we gain day by day. i can go into a whole metaphysical aspect as well. another thought of mine is that we are all connected, and the power of collective thought causes our world to change around us. for example the more people think we are going to suffer from a extinction level event may cause an attraction to that energy signature those thoughts give off and may possibly cause a ELE to happen. the same could be said about the weather (in small amounts).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I like the "time is speeding up" theory because it begs the question why? I agree that it feels as if time is racing past us these days, and not just because of advanced technology or a busy world. Sure, there's still the same number of hours in a day, but it feels as if overall the days are shorter. An odd feeling for the middle of summer. Why could this be happening? I have several thoughts:

Brain function- Time is relative to the viewer, and depending on the speed your brain is running at, it can appear to speed up or slow down. That's why you can get more done after drinking al large cup of coffee or why time seems to "slow down" in high-stress situations where adrenaline is pumping through your body. Perhaps our brains are becoming slower. You could even go so far as to claim that humans collectively and subconsciously are slowing down as a natural reaction to the fast-paced world we live in. It's like nature's way of saying, "Hey there humanity, take a breath for a second."

Planetary influence- We know that clocks at different altitudes run at different speeds, but regardless of where you are on Earth, you still rotate every 24 hours. If Earth were changing, it could probably effect our perception of time. Maybe it could even effect the speed at which clocks move at. Earth's size, gravity, and speed at which it rotates all effect our perception of time. If one or a combination of these factors were to change, it could change how we sense time.

2012, Prophecy, and Celestial forces- All kinds of things fit into this category, from dead stars or giant planets, to the potential that we are entering into the 4th dimension, which would eventually result in seeing all of time existing at once. Many religions refer to time speeding up as we approach a theoretical judgement day. Who knows if any of these theories could be true, but most would probably be denied by modern science.

I'm no scientist, though science does interest me. I'm more of a creative philosopher with a very open mind. If there are scientific reasons why my theories are wrong, then so be it, but there are still a lot of things we don't know about time and our universe, so it seems like anything is possible here, including the rather benign theory that people simply perceive time as going faster as they age. That being said, I hope that's not the explanation for how I've felt lately, because I could swear that a day feels like it passes about twice as fast as it did ten years ago. Of course, there's no way to measure something that isn't being picked up on clocks and other time-recording devices, but it's strange nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller

The fact that nothing significantly world changing happened in May of 1996, should prove to everyone, that this is just a bunch of crap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join