It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wealth Chasm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Alright before I start i would like to preface this by noting I have done a thread similar to this about the African American unemployment rate. That was done by impulsiveness and emotion. The reason behind this one is that there are some statistics that shock you and blow your mind away. And thats what happened here. i was watching the Mclaughlin Group show. And they showed statistics that made me speechless and I am about present them now.

America's Wealth Gap Net Wealth

Whites 113,000
Blacks 5,700
Ratio 20 to 1

American wealth lost during the on going recession.

Whites 16%
blacks 53%

African American support for Obama on the Economy.

2010 77%
2011 50%

African American support for Obama-Biden in 2008

96%

Now my question is not why these stats are they way they are. the reasons for that might be covered in the previous thread that I talked about with the unemployment rates, My question is why is it that President Obama has not dones anythng to adress this issue? Something I just thought of is, you would think that a president would help out a constituency that voted all out for him? And and even deeper question is seeing these facts out here why is that the black community still will probably go all out for him again with maybe a little dip off? I listen to alot of liberal radio (even though I am not a liberal) and I heard a couple callers call in and say "I have never seen a president do LESS for black people then President Obama. Granted I belive this was a white caller but I can't be 100% sure because it was radio. That comment just sticks with me. Any thoughts??

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
this 'study' is such complete BS Crap #e defecation..

I wonder if since the top 1% of wealthy are almost all 'white' had any role in skewing the numbers..

Plus, the odds of a Black male being a pro athlete ARE much higher than a white athlete. hello gravy train..

seriously, take out all those who make over 2 mil a year and see the figures

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Because Obama's actions will take time and not happen overnight. How many years did the Great Depression go on until FDR's policy's had an effect on overall numbers. In fact he suffered through a second great depression during his tenure.

I don't believe Obama's policies will work but I also realize it's too soon to condemn them yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
LOL you act like Obama is black. As one of the casualties of economic convenience I can say he has done diddly squat for anyone hurt other than the ones who tanked us. The percentages, and I say this in recognition of the inequity, reflect how blacks are proportionately screwed at a different rate than whites.As to Obama's race isn't it obvious he is neither black or white but the color of money?
seed

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

LOL you act like Obama is black
reply to post by mustard seed

No I am saying this because usually a voting block that is so one sided like that usually gets something for electing the person they wanted.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

No I am saying this because usually a voting block that is so one sided like that usually gets something for electing the person they wanted.

Well there is your proof that the voting system is not rigged and is working as intended.

Should be a happy day for you since you can believe in our system again

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

He pandered the medical cannabis vote also and now has turned on them with a vicious streak even "just say no" Nancy did not have. He has broken far more promises than he has delivered on and again color is no boundary. And the first line WAS a joke....sorta. most of my Portuguese relatives are blacker inside and out.
seed

ETA S&F as this should be discussed
edit on 3-8-2011 by mustard seed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
And what is the government supposed to do about this gap? Wait, let me guess: raise taxes on the rich! Am I right? Do I win a pony?

So if taxes are raised on the rich, where exactly do you think that money will go? Will it magically appear in the pockets of black people? Or, perish the thought, will the government just keep it and we'll have slightly less rich people, but the same number of poor people?

Poor people: unskilled laborers.
Rich people: skilled laborers (remember, the rich are those grossing over $250k).
Ultra-Rich people: Investors of one type or another.

Skill the unskilled and let's talk then. But remember, they have to want to be taught! They have to stay in school, do their homework, and work hard. If they can't do those three things, perhaps being poor is the only thing they want to be.

Disclaimer: According to Wikipedia, loath as I am to quote it as a source, I'm teetering on the edge of "poor", despite having mad networking skillz. Under the "lower middle-class" section:

household income figures would be significantly higher, ranging from roughly $50,000 to $100,000 annually.

My household income is a solid $42k. I post this just so you know that my views aren't because I'm "the rich". My views are because "I'm responsible for my own well-being".

/TOA
edit on 4-8-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join