It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shrooms and Acid for Cancer Patients?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

...scientists and psychotherapists think more powerful psychoactive drugs like psilocybin, found in 'magic mushrooms', could have a future as medicinal agents for a number of conditions.

In the US, the .... (FDA) has approved ... a pilot study aiming to see if the euphoria and insight of a mild psychedelic 'trip' can ease the physical and emotional pain experienced by thousands of terminal cancer patients each year.

Medicine hope for psychedelic drugs

Those Krazy Kalifornians, first they legalize Marijuana now they are looking to the same for other drugs.

Well it is true that they work as advertised, so I am told, If you are terminal, why not?

-dnnx

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
bah, fine.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by deafence#]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
hmm, You completely missed the point.

Its not for a Cancer Cure, its too diminish the pain and suffering of cancer, until you pass away.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

its too diminish the pain and suffering of cancer, until you pass away.

man....talk about a bad trip

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Creepy]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i spent the better part of my 20s ingesting any drug i could get my hands on. i loved drugs. and when i say "love" you really cant grasp how much..lol anyrate. i cant see acid or shrooms being used in any sort of real medical way. i mean, after a nice trip all night, you still need the next day to recouperate. it drains you sooo bad. and this to a healthy 20-something year old. now throw a cancer victim in the mix? i dont think they could handle it. i can see marijuana being used for pain treatment, but acid? i dont think so..sounds like BS to me

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
i spent the better part of my 20s ingesting any drug i could get my hands on. i loved drugs. and when i say "love" you really cant grasp how much..lol anyrate. i cant see acid or shrooms being used in any sort of real medical way. i mean, after a nice trip all night, you still need the next day to recouperate. it drains you sooo bad. and this to a healthy 20-something year old. now throw a cancer victim in the mix? i dont think they could handle it. i can see marijuana being used for pain treatment, but acid? i dont think so..sounds like BS to me

You are so right. Might I add that even alcohol (the most trivial drug) does not go well with some cancer patients, especially on chemotherapy.

Marijuana is probably a rare exception.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
this might well be of interest to u peeps
news.bbc.co.uk...

maybe there is something in this...they should listen to the people who use these things to help them...i.e ms sufferers..manic depresives..etc

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There are some obvious benefits of using these substances,
www.ghanaweb.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372

I'm all for the legalization of rec. drugs but I've got to go with Sublime on this one. Personal exper. as well. If you're thinking about this, be honest. Won't happen anyways.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
!wow! thnx dnnx and Heratix for posts re: this subject... i am quite interested in rec drugs for cancer treatment at the moment for someone close to me... i wanted to add a small bit here i had recently heard of man in India that had cured himself of full blown AIDS by breath. water and meditation...
i think it is ALL a state of mind, i mean think about the word that categorizes these conditions ~ DISEASE... dis.ease/un.ease... what better way is there to nip it all in the bud then to clean a bit of disk space...

chk it out : www.youtube.com...

in joy

lovelovelove

p.s. nobody knows the future...and what we think IS ~ so let's be aware of the regenerative capabilites of our bodies and the power of our minds and the strength of our souls and the love of our hearts and choose positivity over the conditioned expected doom of what we call dis.ease and the limited and blinded acceptance of what another tells you about you... come on now, don't we know ourselves best anyway??? ...

top topics

join