It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POW RESCUED!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
JUST SAW IT ON THE NEWS!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The man who made the statement only said that an american POW was rescued and returned to a coalition controlled area. Thats all he said, he took no questions.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I can confirm that, I believe it was one of the women.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
spent at least 20 minutes playing up the (any minute) Centcom briefing just for that one bit of news.

Nothing about the huge battle going on with the republician guard south of Bagdad.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
EXCELLENT

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm hearing my boys the Navy SEALs are responsible for the rescue, great job guys!

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by Midnight Mutilator]

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
FANTASTIC

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Update: Broadcast reports identify rescued POW as Jessica Lynch of West Virginia. Details soon.

WASHINGTON (April 1) - An American prisoner of war has been rescued in Iraq, U.S. officials said Tuesday.

The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said U.S. Central Command was announcing the rescue in Qatar later Tuesday.

The Pentagon has listed seven Americans as captured by Iraq since the outbreak of the war.

The officials said the rescue involved one of the seven.

The development came as American ground troops battled Republican Guard troops around Karbala, a holy Shiite Muslim city about 50 miles south of Baghdad. It was unknown whether the fighting was related to the POW situation.

Two U.S. Army pilots were captured March 24 by Iraqi forces after their Apache helicopter was forced down during heavy fighting in central Iraq. A day earlier, five U.S. Army soldiers had been captured near Nasiriyah, a crossing point over the Euphrates River.

The POWs were displayed on television by the Iraqis in separate broadcasts.

In addition to the POWs, the Pentagon's official tally of the number of Americans missing is 16.

AP-NY-04-01-03 1945EST

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's Jessica Lynch, God knows what they did to her. Apparently there was another rescue attempt that didn't work out.. many died.. link to it here.

www.borderlandnews.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Great news!
Now lets rescue the rest!

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
yes
up:

lets get the rest of them out

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I saw the news on FNC
. Great to hear the good news. Her family must be happy that she's safe.

top topics

join