It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I just saw my first meteor over Colorado.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Around a half hour ago at 10:12 P.M. mountain time. What I'm guessing was a meteor flew across the sky in Colorado. I am guessing it was a meteor, as I have never seen one before. It was much larger, and flew at alot lower altitude than any shooting star I have ever seen. Websters says that a meteor is a shooting star, that enters Eaths atmosphere. If that is the case, then this was a meteor. It flew from Northwest to Southeast, and burned out before it reached the horizon. I don't know if this is the right forum for this post this? If not, moderators please feel free to locate it in it's proper place. Did anyone else see this, or confirm that it was a meteor?

Thanks,
Tom Sawyer

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Lots of meteors like Colorado. It is a real meteor magnet. Eleven mile reservoir is a good spot to watch them cavort in their natural habitat.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I saw about two when I lived there.

That eleven mile res., by south park is that the south park that is located about twenty miles from the park where the hayman fires were located at? I no longer live in coloradr and only lived there for 2 years but I used to go camping in the place the hayman fire's started. Then one time we drove down about 20 miles until we cam to a sign that said south park so many miles this way. I can't remember road numbers but we got there and they had this goast town set up. We took a tour of it, really neat. But I never actually heard of the eleven mile res. looking at pictures I am rather upset that I never heard of it.

join