It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an idea on how to help the econemy (ie every little bit helps)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Congress/ Senate should pass a State wide cap on online taxes that cap them at 5% and then charge 5% national online sales tax. 10% flat tax on all internet sales 1/2 to state 1/2 to feds. It would not solve the debt crisis but it may help. (This should also include phone sales that are state to state)
edit on 3-8-2011 by shockologist because: double clicked enter doh!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

edit on 3-8-2011 by MrOysterhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well I may just be another dumb teenager, but as I see it, credit and stocks are what causes financial problems in the first place. If anyone's ever heard of David Icke, I've heard him explain that the economy is just controlled by the Illuminati and it's just a fear cycle to make the governments richer. Besides, the economy isn't doing as bad as the media claims it is. Many areas are actually thriving and totally avoiding the downfall of all this recession. Keep this in mind, credit isn't real money. Money isn't even real money. It's just a number on paper telling you how much you're worth. That value changes according to the economy. So in the 50's when your nickel could get you a candy bar, you can't even get one for two quarters. STOP USING CREDIT! I don't really need to explain that... you know.. interest rates and whatnot. Invest your money into material possessions because one day the paper dollar you have and the number the bank says you have will be worthless. When blackouts happen on all of our technology and the whole world begins to collapse into an apocolyptic state (we're getting closer and closer...) the only thing you have that's valueable are your material goods. Guns, survival tools, metals, or just stuff you need/enjoy. I may have not just made any sense at all or gotten off topic but I do think that I am somewhat right.... This is a one person at a time deal. People just passing the buck, blaming other companies for everything, and the government shoving blame down throats with $1 salaries isn't going to solve everything. WE THE PEOPLE have to fix things, it's not neccesarally a government fixable issue. But TL;DR will occur here so I'll come back sometime when people actually care about what I say. HAHA.
:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Impeach the POTUS and vote out all, in the House and Senate. Term limits will help as well.

top topics

join