It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican: Discovery of ET won't undermine Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Personally, I think the existence of alien entities could teach us alot about our various faiths.

If an EBE came down one day and said, 'there is no God', he would probably be heralded as wise by some, but doubted and even scoffed by countless many. Human nature has developed such an inherent dependance on the spirituality associated with the existence of God that our society as a whole would fall into chaos and ruin for a great period if everything we knew was suddenly gone.

Of course, on a more consipratory note (conspiratory?), perhaps the chaos of a fundamental faith being destroyed or drastically rearranged is exactly what they would hope to accomplish?

Just a thought, your mileage may vary

Personally, the appearance of another race would probably reinforce alot of my religious views

side note: Why does there have to be a religion in the first place? I hate when someone calls me a 'religious fanatic' or 'zealot'. My relationship with God/Jesus/The Creator/ Creative Force (whatever) is not based on a dogma handed down as a set of rules by a particular doctrine or sect, but rather a personal relationship between myself and what I percieve as my God. (bet you thought I was going to say Jesus Christ right there, huh?).

new topics

<< 1   >>

join