It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts in text

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am having a problem with text. Certain individual text has a red ghost (as I call it) beside the original black text. For example the lower case letter ( l ) would have a red lower case ( l ) very close to and on the left side of the original black ( l ). It seems exclusive to ( i and l ). I cannot show you an exact copy of the problem because it will not transfer to any other medium. My OS is Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium service pack ( 1 ). My PC is a P6720f. I have added an NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 Video Adapter and I have ( 2 ) monitors connected. This issue happens on both Monitors. I have removed the video card and used the integrated card that came with the computer and still have the issue. I have also updated all the video drivers. I tried using Aero themes and that did help somewhat but did not resolve the issue. I then tried adjusting the Clear Type text and was able to get the ghosting down to a minimum but it is still there. If I disable Clear Text the problem disappears but the text is very hard to read. With the Clear Type disabled I went to Window 7 Basic and changed the text settings and the text still looked terrible. I have researched this issue extensively and have not been able to resolve it. In itself the problem could be acceptable but I have very bad eyesight and when I enlarge the text the issue becomes extremely more evident.

Thank you for your time.
D

The issue appears mostly in dialogue boxes and in some web pages.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Diogeneser because: Edit

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
are you "tracking your edits"? Go to review and hit accept all Changes and see if it goes away.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Thank you for your input.
The issue appears mostly in dialogue boxes and in some web pages.

new topics

join