It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: The US and Euro-Zone Economies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hot on the heels of last week's survey on the US credit ceiling "crisis," it makes sense to focus on the two major economies of the world, the US and Euro-Zone (including UK) economies.

This new survey allows our guests and members to voice their opinions on the state of the economy, provide some insight into your individual situations, which parties you feel are responsible for the state of the economies, and see where our users stand on a common economic conspiracy.

Click here to take the survey: The US and Euro-Zone Economies.

The results will be posted early next week.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hey nice one SkepticOverlord a Survey us Europeans can join in with

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
took the survey and i offer a few theories of the subject

first off the china factor that is that is one element that is effecting both the us and the uk and eurozone

ameircas obession with social engineering and credit and i look at things from the capitalist viewpoint

money and success goes to where the money is right now thats china it has the biggest potential for massive returns and it hasnt even begun to tap into a nation with over 1.5 billion people

the failures of the us and the uk and eurozone is just one basic fact china is better with their money than the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
One of the problems....and this goes for those in Euro zone or USA.....

Some simply don't know each other's areas politics....so I think that might hurt the actual poll numbers. I noticed there is no option to say "don't know" or something to that effect.

I don't know the intricacies of of the Euro zone, and although I did answer the poll, i don't feel I know enough to have answered it.

Wouldn't it be better to separate the 2?

Just my opinion and look forward to the results..............

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Boy. Can't wait to see the results of this one.

I'm not nearly as 'conspiracy minded' as I once was, however I'm fairly certain I know what the results will look like.. And while I share many of the same concerns as much of the ATS community I very much disagree with the prominent ideas of what and who is causing these problems and why.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Good survey...whoever put that together has a wonderful brain...or should I say brains! It will be interesting to find out the results and see how many people agree with me. The questions are so on target.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is a good pool

Blame the Asians!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Are all these polls going to be about money?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I took the survey, but with the caveat that I had to take the middle ground on the answers referring to the European economy, since I know next to nothing of it, and haven't got a say in how they run their finances. Europe's economy ain't none of my business.

I looked through the DC roster to see if I could find a conservative to assign any blame to, and couldn't find one. Not that I couldn't find a culpable conservative, I just couldn't find a conservative at all. Therefore my answers to that question may appear a bit skewed as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

My clicking told me there was an 'error'.

A repeat submission resulted in the same.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

What's your theory?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I would like to see one of your surveys that ranks all the elected members of the House of Representatives, Congress and the Oval Office and if you really want to do a bang-up job, list all of the Primary Appointed Heads of Federal Government Posts, like the CIA, FBI, NSA, DHS ....as many Heads in the Federal Government as possible; if a member has no opinion or does not know, that to should be option, i.e. Do You Approve of The Job Be Done by XYZ (Strongly Agree, Agree, Disagree,Strongly Disagree, Don't know or Undecided).

Also, a survey addressing our Constitution and Bill of Rights would be interesting, i.e Do you support the 1st Amendment etc etc etc. would also be interesting.

edit on 3-8-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Good Poll!!

I enjoyed taking that one and I'll enjoy the results I'm sure!

Lets hope its an outright majority understanding of how this mess was contrived!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Excellent poll! I voted on each one. Can't wait to see what are the results. I know ATS has some very informed and not-so-informed members and guests, I'd love to see their thoughts on these matters.

Thanks ATS!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's not getting any better, they're just holding off the inevitable.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Does ATS do anything with these surveys other than present them to the public? I know that results are anonymous, but is the only reason of these polls to find a "baseline" to find where most on this site stand and what they believe?

Do these results affect the way ATS is operated in any way and does it affect any third parties?

I can totally understand the reasons for polling because it gives a good idea of the majorities thoughts. I'm curious, as well, to see what others think. I just hope that these polls do not have influence over any individual's thoughts.

After all, if enough people are susceptible to "group think" then, perhaps what is being done can be construed as... well... peer pressure.

No disrespect, simply questioning and providing opinion. I would much appreciate any answers to any of my questions
(I love this site!)

Peace and respect,

-AS-

PS: I took the poll before this post or any editing of this post.
edit on 3-8-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp + punc + rewording

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here's my solution to the US Debt problem. What is weird my friends and I were just talking about this just before I logged onto ATS for the Day.

The First- step that needs to be taken is to stop all non debt payments outside the United States.
Step Two- Use the money saved to pay off the World Debt not the National Debt. During this time all government raises, social security raises, military raises, and any other Government job or check raises will not take place till the World debt AND National Debt is paid off.
Step Three- Eliminate all parasitical programs I.E. any program that is repeated multiple times. Put ALL the money in the ONE program to take care of each thing.
Step Four- Use the Extra-money saved from paying off the world debt to pay off the national debt.
Step Five - Do not increase any form of government spending till National Debt is Paid off.
Step Six Make an amendment that requires the Government to ONLY purchase products, Grown, and Manufactured in the United States.
Step Seven: Once the National Debt has been paid by eliminating all the things that have been sucking up what we make in this country, then the raises for all Government Paychecks can go back into effect.
Step Eight: From then on the Government Is allowed to ONLY invest in the United States in any way. They cannot put any money to any other place. If people wish to give to other places and societies let them, but the Government is not allowed. NO foreign COUNTRY is allowed to invest in the United States Stock Market or PURCHASE United States Dollars. Citizens of other countries can, but not GOVERNMENTS.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
How can any western power try and place hidden blame on china? If it wasn't for western powers holding the chinese people back during the industrial revolution(as they had thier eyes focused on the un tapped resourses of china). This is what actually drove china to communism. If the USA, Britton,ect hadn't fudged in the political affairs of china they would be no worse or better than us, and would have far more similar wages as china missed that boat when the rest of the world was fighting over equality and rights. They have every right to stab us in the back, however I doubt they will.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just took it, thanks for another interesting survey.

Essentially I see "worse" conditions ahead in the short term, but "much worse" in the long, with depressionary tendencies uniting the two rancid phases. Actually I believe future historians and economists will date the current malaise from the 2008 financial crisis. I do not see a tendency toward conspiracy-style manipulation on a global macroeconomic level in the sense of a "smoke-filled room" of gentlemen hashing it out...the world is far too complex for that. However, within sectors and certain spheres of influence" there are big players who hold enormous influence. At the very top, however, the pyramid cap is not yet in place, as it were, IMHO. For now at least.

The decline will be long-term and essentially across the board as the barriers between the first and third worlds collapse. The collapse will be uneven and some will even prosper. But for most it will be a long, slow, downward grind into increasingly miserable conditions. Many will be so steeped in denial they will not even notice. There will be a whole host of "experts" to help them stay this way. Conditions will increasingly vary between locations.

Those of you who started preparing 3 or 5 or more years ago hopefully know what is coming down the pike. The rest, its never too late. I will look for you on the other side. God Bless.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/326dca2b0920.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
With regards to this question:

"Many who analyze the poor state of the US, European, and Global economy place blame in several different areas, some more than others. Of the involved parties below, please rate the level of blame you attribute to them for the current state of the economies in the US and Euro-Zone."

One of the choices was "Conservative politicians". Unfortunately, there are very few, if any, "Conservative politicians". There are Republicans who under Bush almost doubled the size of the national debt, raised the debt ceiling and passed the first Banker Bailout bill aka TARP 1.

To call Republicans "Conservative" is a fallacy. There are no more Conservatives with the exception of Ron Paul types of whom there are a handful. With regards to financial policy, there are those who spend like they're crazy, the Republicans, and then there are those who spend like they're INSANE, the Democrats.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join