It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Missouri law on social-media ‘friending’ confounds teachers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
reply to post by Kitilani

I'm saying I can see the reasoning for the law because of the rash of student-teacher cases of impropriety and such, its just better if there are clear lines between teachers and students to begin with.

Follow that train all the way through the station. You think the law makes sense because of a "rash?" How about ONE incident? How many teachers have seduced their students IN SCHOOL, after school, on field trips, in school offices? WAY MORE. If we are not going to outlaw schools then this makes no sense to me at all.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is all I am hearing. "We do not need bigger government!" "We do not need a nanny state!" "We do not need police telling us how to raise out children" blah blah blah.
Then someone suggests that the adults that have your children 8 hours a day 5 days a week might send them a message on facebook and people cannot gall the big government nanny police fast enough. How about a dose of reality before we just start making laws all over the place.

Is your child more likely to be molested in school with their teacher or at home over facebook?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by haarvik

There is no government in communism...

I think you mean those pathetic attempts at communism that you have seen on planet Earth. Yeah, I'd call that facist rule under a communistic banner. Yeah, these laws should apply to students under 18, but not to the parents of students. The school system and the state have no right barring Teachers who are adults from fraternizing with parents outside of the work place.

There most certainly is government in communism. Communism is not anarchy; it is national communitarianism and the only way to achieve it is with a vanguard political party.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join