It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just like that, Rupert Murdoch is never talked about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What happen to Rupert Murdoch case? Well, I do not know, but as I recall we had a debt issue in the united states that cause the world the hault the news on poor old billionaire Rupert. Intresting how one of the most powerful people in the world can cause a different shift in thinking with MSM behind their back. I wanted to point this out to all.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

There's not alot of new news to report about Murdoch at the moment. Would you rather the msm had ignored the debt ceiling crises and kept repeating the same old stories about Murdoch?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I normally don't use wikipedia as a source, but here is a decent timeline of events (last updated yesterday).

[en.wikipedia.org...]

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

There's not alot of new news to report about Murdoch at the moment. Would you rather the msm had ignored the debt ceiling crises and kept repeating the same old stories about Murdoch?

Sure

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Way to keep your thread alive with relevant information.

Or did you run out of stuff to say already to back up your statement?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Where is the official autopsy report on the dead whistle-blower? Was that ever published or talked about anywhere?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

No, I would have preferred that the Murdoch crimes continue to be exposed and discussed, and I would have preferred that the MSM point out the obvious heinous manipulation which was going on with the contrived 'debt crisis furore..

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Like I said, until these investigations into Murdoch rap up there isn't anything new really going on. Msm is a business and they make money by getting viewers or readers. They get those viewers or readers by constantly providing new information.

That's why there is not constant coverage. It's not rocket science

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There is quite a lot about Murdoch although there's a lot about a lot of other things going on as well.

Murdoch was mentioned during an interview on Democracy Now tonight. A journalist was describing the influence NI had on the American political scene and another claimed she was pushed into always releasing good stories out of Washington by Murdoch's mob. In the UK we have the new and serious allegation concerning hacking into a Ministry computer etc. I suspect the further one looks the more horrors will sadly be discovered. I do blame the fact that our monopolies commission seemed to be impotent in stopping one family or man from gaining such a stranglehold and influence, way above his station on Britain's press, especially as he certainly has not raised the standard of reporting, just taken it to a level closer to the gutter.

I'm glad to see that dissatisfaction over NI's political influence is being expressed both sides of the pond. I suspect Cameron was delighted to hide on holiday to get away from any links to the Murdochs

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I know the information is out there but I believe the op was referring to the fact that he believes it should be more front page news than it is.

I will give him credit that fox news has ignored the issue albeit under orders but I think the rest of the msm are doing as well as they should be.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Like I said, until these investigations into Murdoch rap up there isn't anything new really going on. Msm is a business and they make money by getting viewers or readers. They get those viewers or readers by constantly providing new information.

That's why there is not constant coverage. It's not rocket science

MSM is not a business first and foremost, it is first and foremost an NWO propaganda machine.

We wouldn't know if there was anything going on with the Murdoch debacle would we, without inside information. It was all over the UK news one day, and then virtually disappeared when the tragedy in Oslo happened, then a few days later they spoke endlessly about the debt situation in US.

It has all the hallmarks of 'gagging' to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That's because people care more about those other issues than they do about Murdoch. And until you can provide proof of your conspiracy you should leave it out of factual discussions as there is no quicker way to make a thread look ridiculous.

Of course the media is a business.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
What happen to Rupert Murdoch case? Well, I do not know, but as I recall we had a debt issue in the united states that cause the world the hault the news on poor old billionaire Rupert. Intresting how one of the most powerful people in the world can cause a different shift in thinking with MSM behind their back. I wanted to point this out to all.

Sure about that?

One of the main news stories here in the UK is still the ongoing phone hacking inquiry with Trinity Mirror Group under the spotlight now as well as News International.

Just because the US doesn't report it, doesn't mean it isn't somewhere else in the world. Maybe that shows the purported US arrogance that everything revolves around it?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

yet i remember there being plenty of new news while weiner-gate was going on.
guess what? it was still the top story of the day.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well anonymous hacked the Sun and feds went all out to arrrest them. Now anonymous does not seem to be interested in releasing the information on the Sun they got?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Frank Rich: Americans immured to Murdoch’s way of business
New York magazine writer Frank Rich explained Wednesday on MSNBC why Americans were still “in denial” about News Corporation owner Rupert Murdoch.

“What happened in England isn’t going to stay in England,” he said. “We, over 35 years, have become immured to the Murdoch way of doing business, which includes putting people like Sarah Palin — who potentially could be President of the United States — and some of her rivals on the payroll.”

“Places like MSBNC may have a certain kind of politics… but to actually have four presidential candidates on the payroll and to be so imminently involved in with figures like Bernie Kerikand Rudy Giuliani through the years — we don’t know where all the bodies are buried.”

Monday on CNN, Rich described Murdoch and Fox News host Bill O’Reilly as “thugs.”

I guess there still talking about the case but I think this guy is pointing out the truth about the mater. With so many politicians tied to him. You will never get the truth.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Seems he is also taking heat in Australia.
www.mathaba.net...?rss

new topics

top topics

join