It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan missile misses Italian warship.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Libyan missile misses Italian warship.

edition.cnn.com

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- Libyan government forces fired a missile at an Italian warship in the Mediterranean Sea on Wednesday in a rare attack on the NATO fleet offshore, a government spokesman said.

The frigate Bersagliere was about 19 kilometers (12 miles) off the Libyan city of Zlitan when the missile fell harmlessly into the sea about 2 km away, the Italian defense ministry and NATO reported.

"The ship was not harmed and continued on its mission," NATO said in a statement. "NATO ships go....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh man it looks like though warships are patrolling the Libya water and though it did miss a NATO warship. How many warships are out there patrolling the libyan coast right now. Even now Libyan rebels are now confuse and don't know what to do. I advice that put in ground troops or just pull out of Libya now. THere is not clear exist stragedty for Libya and the NATO is going to get bankrupt even more.

edition.cnn.com

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well don't provoke people into doing things then..

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
now thats more like it !!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 lives were saved,, way too go nato? u.n? not sure,,,

anyway hats of too
" when the missile fell harmlessly into the sea about 2 km away"
Electronics guys,,,, u too kiddies
job well done.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

Oh man it looks like though warships are patrolling the Libya water and though it did miss a NATO warship. How many warships are out there patrolling the libyan coast right now. Even now Libyan rebels are now confuse and don't know what to do. I advice that put in ground troops or just pull out of Libya now. THere is not clear exist stragedty for Libya and the NATO is going to get bankrupt even more.

edition.cnn.com

Wasn't the plan _TO_ bankrupt NATO????

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

M.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Well, hell. Once a NATO warship is hit...then NATO can put "Boots on the ground", can't they?

I am not a fan of QuaDaffy Duck, but why the US is backing this one leaves me speechless.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Well, hell. Once a NATO warship is hit...then NATO can put "Boots on the ground", can't they?

I am not a fan of QuaDaffy Duck, but why the US is backing this one leaves me speechless.

US handed over control to our NATO(European) back in April of 2011. So US only provides refuelling.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... 2 km miss?

Nice shootin' Tex!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

We are also providing roughly 75% of the weaponry. We may not be firing it, but we are providing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

yea but there is more my ATS thinking tells me that the US is playng a NAFTA wild card, how so see who the commander of NATO forces is Libya search.yahoo.com... does this connect the dots?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Ya that's a Canadian commander who right now overseas the operation of the Libyan force. As for now, it's funny that the Libyan government speaks his army is the best LOL.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
How dare the Libyans do this!!!

They need more peace and humanitarian aid in the form of BOMBS, then let's roll in ground troops and increase military spending 10 fold there!

/ sarcasm

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So NATO is dropping bombs all over their country as part of a "humanitarian mission" and they are shocked that someone fired a missile at one the ships off the coast?

In my opinion this is called defending yourself. I realize I am a "domestic terrorist "and an "extremist" but if you do not want people shooting missiles at you, maybe you should not drop bombs on them? If I am in someone's yard and they throw rocks at me, I can easily stop them by doing so by leaving their yard.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
So NATO is dropping bombs all over their country as part of a "humanitarian mission" and they are shocked that someone fired a missile at one the ships off the coast?

In my opinion this is called defending yourself. I realize I am a "domestic terrorist "and an "extremist" but if you do not want people shooting missiles at you, maybe you should not drop bombs on them? If I am in someone's yard and they throw rocks at me, I can easily stop them by doing so by leaving their yard.

I don't like Gaddafi but i agree with you. Since Libya was attacked by NATO warplanes, you have every right to defend themselves. I'm not sure how do the Libyan government tried to get all their weapons from since the fact Libya is already surrouneded by NATO as well as the military supplies/targets being bombed piece by piece by piece until every of it is gone. How do the Libyan government tried to get all the weapons for their troops?
edit on 3-8-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSforRacialHatred

your answer has nothing to do with my thread i authored here. Comment on this issue or just don't at all.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yep what he does in Libya stays in Libya.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

what are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
and they want us to believe they are the bad guys..epic

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken
[more

like what bad guy