It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Making Of A False Flag, So This Is How They Do It Huh??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So i'm reading the NewYork Daily News and i see this headline:

"Lithuanian Mayor Runs Over Illegally Parked Car With A Tank"

www.nydailynews.com...

So naturally i'm intrigued and can't wait to read more. As i finish reading the article i notice that they have a video of the incident as well:

Now for the "meat and potatoes". This whole story is FAKE

Drivers who park illegally in the capital of Lithuania better check themselves before the city's mayor wrecks their rides.

Vilnius Mayor Arturas Zuokas revved up a tank and ran over a blue Mercedes parked in the wrong place at the wrong time in a video posted on YouTube Tuesday.

Zuokas hoped to warn drivers who park with impunity on the historic city streets.

"What should the city do about drivers who think that they are above the law?" Zuokas asked in the video, according to a translation posted on The Guardian's Web site.

"It seems that a tank is the best solution," he said.

After crushing the vehicle, Zuokas is shown sweeping up the debris and shaking the hand of the car's distraught owner.

There are only three more sentences to the article and one of them (at the very bottom) is this :

A mayoral spokeswoman said the car was purchased to make a point and no actual Mercedes owners were hurt in the filming, The Guardian reported.

That in a nutshell means that this ENTIRE video was staged!! If you click the link however you will see that (as of the time that i'm posting this) there are twenty comments on the article and only two out of twenty people understand this story is not real. The headline, the picture, the first paragraph and the video all suggest something that is not true!! Reading the comments showed me just how many people actually read the article.

People rely on certain places and news sources to get their information but most don't do any research or even READ the actual article. Then you have a bunch of "word of mouth" a.k.a. "did you hear" news that isn't actually "news" at all. All the half-truths and outright lies circulating become the "real" story. Guess what?? Your favorite newspaper or news channel PROPAGATES this for their superiors and ratings!!

Reminds me of a thread i was reading on ATS earlier where the headline was:

"Alex Jones DRUNK With George Bush's Daughters"

But when i actually READ the article it said that Alex Jones was in the same restaurant as the Bush daughters and he SAW them drinking heavily.

Thread Here

So there you have it. A staged video, a "respected" news source and word of mouth and you can make the masses believe ANYTHING!! Do your research people and always remember:

BELIEVE NONE OF WHAT YOU HEAR AND HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE!!

p.s. it wasn't even a tank. it was an armored vehicle, where does the propaganda end

edit on 8/3/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: added p.s.

edit on 8/3/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: Changed: "Admitted FALSE FLAG Videotaped And Still Accepted As Real?? So This Is How They Do It Huh??" to current title

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Ummmmm, I don't think you quite grasp
what a false flag is....

edit on 8/3/2011 by FoJAk because: more lols

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maybe I am missing the point but really. How is this a "FALSE FLAG" ??? I really fail to see how this is a false flag operation. Also seems like it was reported in the story that the car was purchased for this stunt, if people fail to do their research or do not read the whole article then that is their fault.

To be honest I think your headline for this post is about as bad as the Alex Jones one.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

False flag (aka Black Flag) operations are covert operations designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities.[citation needed] The name is derived from the military concept of flying false colors; that is flying the flag of a country other than one's own. False flag operations are not limited to war and counter-insurgency operations, and can be used in peace-time.

wiki

I think you might want to change the title of this if possible...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Not only is it fake, they don't know what they are talking about either.

That is a BTR-80, it's an Armored Personnel Carrier, an APC.
BTR-80

It's no where near the same class of vehicle as a 'tank'.

Here is a T-72 Russian Tank (Link), as you can see it is fitted with heavy cannon and thick armor.

Consider this comparison with the APC type vehicles, which have smaller weaponry, light armor, and more generally use tires (but sometimes also use treads such as the M113 APC or the Bradley)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i think its to promote toursim myself

for it to be a false flag there would have to be something to hide first,

for the necessity for a false flag operation, anyway this is hardly a 9/11 or reichstag building event is it?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hey, man.

It actually looks staged. I took one look at the picture and then just scanned down till I found the appropriate text in your OP. Obvious hoax.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Frater210 because: Goofy Lithuanians!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
People on ATS never seem to notice the BIG picture. People have to practice and study things to accomplish them. Psychology is the biggest weapon in the arsenal of a trickster. Some would consider the "War of The Worlds" broadcast a false flag even though they admitted at the beginning, middle and end that it was just a "joke". How people accept and react to certain things is something TPTB are very much interested in.

This thread is more or less about the MAKING of a false flag. How is it perpetuated, how and why does the public believe it.

This may not be a false act of war blamed on a country but it is very much the same concept. People are being duped into believing that the mayor is running over illegally parked cars with a tank. People are believing that the scenario is even legal!! Did any of you read the comments on the article or on the youtube video?

This is a staged video being passed off as authentic in order to get a certain reaction from the public. Think outside the box!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk

False flag (aka Black Flag) operations are covert operations designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities.[citation needed] The name is derived from the military concept of flying false colors; that is flying the flag of a country other than one's own. False flag operations are not limited to war and counter-insurgency operations, and can be used in peace-time.

wiki

I think you might want to change the title of this if possible...

Did the Lithuanian Mayor Run Over an Illegally Parked Car With A Tank

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The 'false flag' refers to another story I believe.

herehere

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I believe TPTB got reckless when they filmed this. They are exposing their tricks. They realize their media can spin any story anyway they want. Now they don't even do good forgeries, they are blatant with it. My point still stands (even tho i changed the title).

If you go to the link or the youtube video you will see that 90% of the people who commented on this story believe it is real.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I believe TPTB got reckless when they filmed this. They are exposing their tricks. They realize their media can spin any story anyway they want. Now they don't even do good forgeries, they are blatant with it. My point still stands (even tho i changed the title).

I think that the threshold for suspension of disbelief is very different in Lithuania than from that in America.

That may be why this is such an obvious PR scam.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Hmmm, not sure you can lump the Lithuanians in there like that Frater. Personnally I doubt they are more suggestible, arguably less so.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Anyway, great exposé OP... fraud it is.

I skipped that story as it had no interest, but I see in your haste you included the 'False Flag' story that appeared beneath it.

I rushed in too, on the UFO story, but had searched the site to see it had already been posted.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Actually, no he did not. As someone already pointed out...

That is a BTR-80, it's an Armored Personnel Carrier, an APC. BTR-80 It's no where near the same class of vehicle as a 'tank'.

Also, this still has nothing to do with a false flag. It's just an advertisement to show that they are watching illegal parking in a comical way. Note the "mayor" riding off down the lane on a bicycle. Seriously? What are you, twelve? Please just google "false flag event definition". Please.

edit on 8/3/2011 by FoJAk because: extra lols

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

ok mr debunker, you obviously don't get it. thanks for your input however

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Check this out!! A thread on ATS with people who think this story is real

ATS THREAD HERE

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
People rely on certain places and news sources to get their information but most don't do any research or even READ the actual article. Then you have a bunch of "word of mouth" a.k.a. "did you hear" news that isn't actually "news" at all. All the half-truths and outright lies circulating become the "real" story. Guess what?? Your favorite newspaper or news channel PROPAGATES this for their superiors and ratings!!

...exactly, doc... well done...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I have debunked nothing. I have merely shown your inability to understand what a false flag is. Other than that, it is what it is. If one actually reads the article, it even says that this was a staged event. This thread is ridiculous. The fact that this even got any stars goes to show how dim witted some are here at ATS. Congrats on your thread that solves and promotes nothing more than a funny video.

edit on 8/4/2011 by FoJAk because: for more lols and a biiig thumbs down.

join